FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Tuned into it for a while this evening, and they had selected two State of Origin teams from Victoria and South Australia. If that wasn't pointless enough, they then discussed who would win the game. If that's all they can find to talk about, what's the point?
Should the show be renamed ‘Talking Hypothetical Footy’?

Tim Watson saying that he wants a refund of Jobe's education and making fun of his "ambidextrous on both sides" comment was kinda funny.

For some reason, I have this on in the background every Wednesday night. It's pretty unremarkable television. Selwood and Cotchin don't add a great deal, are too similar and rather bland. I wish one of them could be replaced with someone who can offer something resembling a strong opinion, I was thinking someone like Daisy Thomas or Campbell Brown (he was on a few years ago in the previous iteration)

Tim Watson saying that he wants a refund of Jobe's education and making fun of his "ambidextrous on both sides" comment was kinda funny.

For some reason, I have this on in the background every Wednesday night. It's pretty unremarkable television. Selwood and Cotchin don't add a great deal, and are far too similar.
It's also a background show me, at best. I have it on while I'm focusing on internet crap

Pretty bad faux pas by Clarko naming Barry Cable as one of the North Melbourne "greats" to come from WA... Yikes.
I mean if we're talking about on field contribution yes. Probably would have stuck with the Krakouers, Glendenning etc though.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm way out of the loop. The Jerry Seinfeld look of wearing runners with jeans must be in fashion

View attachment 2018645
I have the recurring thought of the final 12th Man record were Richie and the boys try to get their jobs back and the go and see Michael Gudinski (RIP) who tries to give them a makeover and make them more “hip” 🤣

Second question to Simpson comes from the work experience kid Joel

"Have you had many well wishers and who did you hear from the surprised you?"

WTF

Second question to Simpson comes from the work experience kid Joel

"Have you had many well wishers and who did you hear from the surprised you?"

WTF

The Ralph Wiggum of Seven's footy coverage.

Lisa Simpson Flirting GIF by The Simpsons

I have had no real reason to tune into this. I like wispy but the others have never pulled me in.

But I just streamed this weeks episode to see the interview with Mitchell.

God what an awful show. Cotchin and Selwood are just not made for TV, great players but they just look awkward.

Cotchin is so vanilla and offers nothing interesting.

Like his commentary, Selwood struggles to put a sentence together. whoever thought it would be a good idea to put a guy who is a bit dim and has had a hundred knocks to the head in front of a camera is an idiot.

JB is a nob and while I like Watson on SEN and really respect his opinion, but he looks old and for some reason, struggles on TV more than he does on radio. Wisp, just enjoy your twilight years on radio mucking around with Lyon.

Just a messy production all round. Feels like its 2004, not 2024.

Wont watch again

I have had no real reason to tune into this. I like wispy but the others have never pulled me in.

But I just streamed this weeks episode to see the interview with Mitchell.

God what an awful show. Cotchin and Selwood are just not made for TV, great players but they just look awkward.

Cotchin is so vanilla and offers nothing interesting.

Like his commentary, Selwood struggles to put a sentence together. whoever thought it would be a good idea to put a guy who is a bit dim and has had a hundred knocks to the head in front of a camera is an idiot.

JB is a nob and while I like Watson on SEN and really respect his opinion, but he looks old and for some reason, struggles on TV more than he does on radio. Wisp, just enjoy your twilight years on radio mucking around with Lyon.

Just a messy production all round. Feels like its 2004, not 2024.

Wont watch again

Agree. It’s a painful watch …

Reminds me of a funny story with the Rugby League “John’s Brothers”.

They were arguing over something, when Joey ( the more talented player) snaps - “Well Andrew … ! What the hell would you know anyway ? You didn’t play half the Origins or Tests I did !?”

To which Andrew responds :
True, but God doesn’t bless talent in every department! … because have you heard yourself commentating ??!! “🤣😀

Agree. It’s a painful watch …

Reminds me of a funny story with the Rugby League “John’s Brothers”.

They were arguing over something, when Joey ( the more talented player) snaps - “Well Andrew … ! What the hell would you know anyway ? You didn’t play half the Origins or Tests I did !?”

To which Andrew responds :
True, but God doesn’t bless talent in every department! … because have you heard yourself commentating ??!! “🤣😀
Joey is Andrew mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back