Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Rutherglen were beaten last year to Thurgoona by 300points I think.
They were never going to be top 5
But for them to be competitive is a huge tick.
Have to keep taking steps forward

Rutherglen were beaten by around 220 points by thurgoona which was a sad day for the club, I’d imagine internally rutherglen would’ve aimed to improve and win 6/7 this season whilst getting some of the kids exposure and experience to senior footy.

-Tallangatta and Barny should be a cracking game tomorrow.
-Rutherglen and Yack will be a lot closer than what most will anticipate
- Rest of the games will be one sided affairs

Tigers must win game Saturday as suggested in the paper today, the remaining 6 games after the weekend neither side arguably have a softer draw.

I think it will come down to whoever gets the biggest win in the dogs vs lions & tigers vs bombers games. Would be a serious battle for 5th, if the dogs can pip anyone above them in the last 6 rounds then it will be locked in.

With the extremely sad passing of TDFL legend Peter Copley, I would love to see the league take initiative and name something in his honour. Maybe even the premiership cup?
The guy played a huge part in the league over a long period of time.
Flags with Holbrook, Mitta & Thurgoona.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the extremely sad passing of TDFL legend Peter Copley, I would love to see the league take initiative and name something in his honour. Maybe even the premiership cup?
The guy played a huge part in the league over a long period of time.
Flags with Holbrook, Mitta & Thurgoona.
I believe the leagues only 4x premiership coach? Maybe the winning coach medal could be named after him?
Played under Copes 20 years ago, the thing I noticed with him was he took notice of everyone on the list, from the best player to the guys who couldn't even crack the seconds team.

Where does Wahgunyah go from here? Coach has walked out.
Floggings every week
Is the president still there?
Not knocking them for the effort to get up every week and go again.
Everyone has a solution but none will come to fruition.
Pretty sure Darryl isn’t the Pres anymore
To improve and stay as a stand alone they need to recruit a Playing Coach that’s a Name.
Someone who can bring in some quality players as well.
But let’s be honest, who wants to go to a Club that’s really been struggling!
Most players these days like to grab on to Coat Tails for the easy ride

Article this week Baranduda starting to think about the possibility of a footballing club. I’d be extending an olive branch to the likes of Cudgewa Bullioh and Corryong, throw some ideas around of what the future could look like. Wahgunyah are spent, their neighbouring rivals a trekking in the right direction and may have missed the boat for some kind of joint venture.

Baranduda potentially starting up a club is huge. That will hurt kiewa and will potentially destroy the saints. They had the chance to move out their but never did.

Would love to see a bit of a TDFL shuffle the competition seems very stagnant

Where does Wahgunyah go from here? Coach has walked out.
Floggings every week
Is the president still there?
Not knocking them for the effort to get up every week and go again.

I honestly thought they wouldn’t have survived the last couple of years but credit where it’s due they’re still fighting and even though the floggings are continuing they are gradually improving.

I think the issue that wahgunyah will have moving forward is recruiting decent players to the club due to the social demographic they’ve got at the club right now. Yes they did survive and got sides together over the last couple of years but it’s created this problem by just accepting anybody and everybody. Let’s just say your average footballers aren’t going to want to be in the environment and be associated with some of the people who are at the club

Rutherglen Rambles do you think your mob will be affected by Cressa signing at Corowa
Obviously Coreen will be hit hard

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back