Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh my Bad totally misunderstood,
Serious question tho what is with the Wahgunyah hate?
Is the league just fed up with there results or is there something more to this
For someone who claims to be involved at the saints and not at wahgunyah you seem to have a lot of Interest. Could even go as far as saying you help with the recruiting as you seemed to get a little offended when it was spoken about how unprofessional the club goes about recruiting….

They’ve never been a very well liked club externally . My understanding is that the committee over the last 10 years has a lot to answer for in regards to the locals leaving and not wanting to return.

Lions have fielded a full contingent of juniors this year which can only be a positive thing, how that transitions in the next few years who knows.

For someone who claims to be involved at the saints and not at wahgunyah you seem to have a lot of Interest. Could even go as far as saying you help with the recruiting as you seemed to get a little offended when it was spoken about how unprofessional the club goes about recruiting….

They’ve never been a very well liked club externally . My understanding is that the committee over the last 10 years has a lot to answer for in regards to the locals leaving and not wanting to

They’ve never been a very well liked club externally . My understanding is that the committee over the last 10 years has a lot to answer for in regards to the locals leaving and not wanting to

They’ve never been a very well liked club externally . My understanding is that the committee over the last 10 years has a lot to answer for in regards to the locals leaving and not wanting to return.
Wouldn't want to be involved in recruitment in anyway RR, Happy to have a beer when in Wodonga next

Lions have fielded a full contingent of juniors this year which can only be a positive thing, how that transitions in the next few years who knows.

With an average losing margin of 144 points I can’t see the transition into senior football being a positive one.

Wouldn't want to be involved in recruitment in anyway RR, Happy to have a beer when in Wodonga next

Drop me your number in the DM’s and I’ll happily chew the fat with you over a few golden ales 🍻

Thoughts on this Theory Old Kenny?
Upper Murray Merger dead in the water rip unfortunately. More likely bullioh or Cudgewa apply. The problem there is that both those clubs wouldn’t be able to field junior teams. Which was the whole point of the UM merger in the first place. Could the league rope in another team from down that way? Or could a baranduda club get up and running?

Upper Murray Merger dead in the water rip unfortunately. More likely bullioh or Cudgewa apply. The problem there is that both those clubs wouldn’t be able to field junior teams. Which was the whole point of the UM merger in the first place. Could the league rope in another team from down that way? Or could a baranduda club get up and
Old Kenny
Should Bullioh jump and join in with Baranduda. Let's be honest there's going to be a side that goes out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I've never done this before
Season 2024
Yack- Great Finish, deserves top spot
Beechworth- Predicted to drop off, proved they arn't finished yet
Chiltern- Happy to go under the radar, Position doesn't worry them
Kiewa- Thought they were the best team I have seen all year! Position is a worry for them.
Thurgoona- Dogs are back, great coach.Next year will be even better.
Barnawartha- Didn't know what to expect, changed coach early, good young team
Tallangatta- I guess they are happy with the season, Middle of the park team.
Mitta- Unsure? Probably a failed year, big injuries
Rutherglen- underachieved alot better team then ladder situation. Watch for them next year.
Wodonga- Been best year in a long time, Need to continue.
Dederang- Had a massive crack in second half of the year, Competitive
Wahgunyah- Trash, No one likes them.
Will this be it?

Thurgoona smashing Beechworth was something I did not see coming. Pretty much took away their double chance.

Now they meet again in a cut throat elimination final on Sunday

Could probably see it coming to be honest. Beechworth have a lot of injuries and players going oversees. Thurgoona good form last 6-7 weeks. Will go found out second week of finals tho as Kiewa or chiltern or a class above.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dead as a maggot in here.

Chiltern through to the big dance, first half was all Cooper who is wasting his talents in this league after 2024. He was a cut above anyone else on the field that first half, even after being slung tackled & targeted.
Kiewa had a dogs breakfast of a forward line, plenty of entries but just wasted.

Yackandand have all football grades in grand finals next weekend, that is a club doing something right.

Dead as a maggot in here.

Chiltern through to the big dance, first half was all Cooper who is wasting his talents in this league after 2024. He was a cut above anyone else on the field that first half, even after being slung tackled & targeted.
Kiewa had a dogs breakfast of a forward line, plenty of entries but just wasted.

Yackandand have all football grades in grand finals next weekend, that is a club doing something right.
Yack haven’t had the credit they have deserved over the years. They have had lots of football and netball teams high on the ladder for many seasons now. Having all their footy sides in next weekend is is a big reward for their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tallangatta & DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back