Toast Target 40,000

Remove this Banner Ad

From that AO gets the go ahead link I put in my last post. In 2010 we had 13,600 11 game members/season ticket holders.

70 PER CENT INCREASE in Port Adelaide season-ticket sales (from 13,600 to 23,000).

wow that's incredible. I hope all these people rock up too. the "crowd issue" is a pathetic one to bring up repeatedly as a way to make fun of a club so I really hope it's no longer a concern and there are 20,000+ every week (fortnight).

I'm not saying its not important, it just shouldn't be added to the membership tally. It's pointless

It isn't pointless because...

1. We need their money

and

2. Every extra member (and their email/address) gives us more clout to head to our sponsors and potential sponsors with when negotiating a deal.

Would like to know how many of these members are actually 11 game ticket holders (home games) Some of the numbers in the membership tally would be 1 game and 3 game memberships which is absolute BS. All AFL clubs do the same, should only count the people who have a ticket to every home game as a member in the tally, the rest are worthless to put in the tally

Really? Glad the club doesn't have the same narrow-minded view of what constitutes support that you do! The reality of my situation is that I can't attend every game of the season, so I don't purchase a season ticket.

But I'm a member and so are my two children aged 6 and 2. Even if my $150 per year manages to cover a couple of ankle strappings, at least I feel like I'm contributing.

I certainly don't think that's worthless.

ps- anyone else having trouble linking their member for member account to Fbook?

I'm not saying its not important, it just shouldn't be added to the membership tally. It's pointless

Why? I live interstate and have no need of an 11 game pass. Why shouldn't the club count me as a member? I have the exact same voting rights as any other member.

Do people think we will actually get to 40k?

If we get to 35k after last year it is a top effort

Do people think we will actually get to 40k?

If we get to 35k after last year it is a top effort

We will struggle but its a worthy target. They have set all the supporter groups a target to sign up 2,000 new members. If they do follow ups with the post cards and get on the phones and use a bit of that Pickard monies then we should get close.

If they start aggressively pushing the $95 Football Club membership as having 3 game day rights rather than hiding it, they might just get there.

It isn't pointless because...

1. We need their money

and

2. Every extra member (and their email/address) gives us more clout to head to our sponsors and potential sponsors with when negotiating a deal.

what he said.....

and

if I had money and time to spare, I would be at the club doing something.....whatever it takes to keep our club alive.....

dont ask what the club can do for you..... ask what you can do for the club!! (or something like that)

....If they start aggressively pushing the $95 Football Club membership as having 3 game day rights rather than hiding it, they might just get there.

This. I've been staggered by the amount of my mates/family, when I've encouraged them to sign up, that have said they can't get to each game so don't want to fork out for a season ticket, are completely unaware of the $95 option with 3 game access.

In the much-changed football environment with all the competing interests, what and how we package our membership options is the key to increased support. Perhaps the way to go is akin to golf club memberships- full member, weekday, weekend only etc.

Instead, we offer-
  1. 3 game membership
  2. 6 game membership
  3. Saturday only
  4. Sunday only
  5. Night games only
Just ideas and I'm no expert, but the one-size fits all days are long gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my mum on board today :) She's been a long time Port Adelaide fan since she was a kid and signed up for $95 membership as she isn't really able to make the games but might try get to the Showdown. Other family members next...

Became a member for the first time.

Can't wait to see the lads in Round 2!
well done legend!

And to all the others who have signed up.

40k?

Shouldn't be too hard with Butcher, Wingard and now Big Red prospering. Three big draw cards and 2 of them are locals.

Not to mention Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Brad Ebert, Hamish Hartlett ready to take the AFL by storm and become one of the AFL's best midfields! And with Jackson Trengove down back.

Future is BRIGHT!

A miracle wouldn't be 4 or more wins though. We need to win more games of footy next year and the games we don't win we need to go down fighting. That's the way to win back respect.

30, 056 so far

Thought I would give this a bump to encourage people to keep pushing towards this target.

Times are tough I know but the survival of our football club is paramount. This is a great initiative to help in keeping the club financially secure.

And if altruism isn't your motivator there are some terrific prizes on offer:

link
First prize is $1870 cash and a 2013 Club 1870 membership valued at $750. Second and third prizes are 16GB Apple iPads and fourth prize is a Port Adelaide AFL or SANFL game day experience.
link

With a couple of players in the placings at the moment it probably wouldn't take much for a supporter to grab at least one of the placings and get a great prize.

Passionate member Ali Ghamrawi currently leads the tally board, but is closely followed by Cassie Stummer and the player combo of Travis Boak and Jackson Trengove.

So if you think you can twist a few arms, er I mean encourage a few friends, family and colleagues into jumping on board give it a shot. :):thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Target 40,000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back