guess_who

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victoria
Hey guys, just wondering if you would be prepared to trade Tarrant for ottens? Not saying it will or won't happen just wondering if you thinkt the trade will suit either club and weather or not you would think it is a adequate trade?

Well the rumour around Adelaide is that Eddie has made a trip to adelaide and had a metting with the Great Ian Perrie and have almost finialised a trade Chris Tarrant and a second round draft pick, what do the pies think of that????

Apparnetly Tarrant is disruptive to his team mates!!!!

CrowMuncher said:
Well the rumour around Adelaide is that Eddie has made a trip to adelaide and had a metting with the Great Ian Perrie and have almost finialised a trade Chris Tarrant and a second round draft pick, what do the pies think of that????

Apparnetly Tarrant is disruptive to his team mates!!!!

Even Eddie couldnt sabotage us that well. Perrie and 2nd round :rolleyes:

I think Collingwood should sort Tarrant out we don't want Ottens had serious knee injury would put more focus on keeping Tarrant (young highly talented) and going after someone like a Judd (ball on a string) to replace Buckley.

That trade is unfair on richmond, Brad Ottens is a competion top 15 player and Tazza isnt in the same mould. Id give more than Tazza for Ottens. Ottens wont come though, richmond have something new so i think he will wanna be part of that and if he does look to leave they will throw the captaincy at him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddiesmith said:
If we were to trade for Ottens we would be bloody stupid

The best offer would be

Kinnear and Williams for Ottens

To complete a trade you need the other party to remain on the other end of the phone or to not break down in fits of laughter.

These are potential delistees, we have done our time taking off your hands the likes of

Terry Keayes, Mark Bayliss, Peter McCormack,Ross Brewer,Neil Peart,John Annear and whoever else

We have successfully manufactured our own duds we dont need any more.

No Wonder Port Adelaide got ********ed with you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Scarecrow said:
Yeah, and we took McKee....I don't think anyone won on that deal.

Stunner is a much better player than King. Having said that he won't be with us next season.
Why would a club trade a player for less than his ulitmate worth to the club? Richmond can survice without Ottens but the pies need Tazza. If Taz goes it will be for another match winner and not someone who doesn't fit thier biggest need eg. midfield. THe eagles or dockers offer us far more in return with young forwards and midfielders. Try this one. Hazelby and Longmuire for Tazza and Davis (of course Judd for Taz is good too!).

READ THIS AND WEEP PIE FANS

Ottens declares loyalty
29 August 2004 Sunday Herald Sun
Jon Ralph

RICHMOND ruckman Brad Ottens removed himself from trade speculation yesterday, declaring his intention to re-sign with the Tigers.

Ottens was expected to be the subject of intense interest from clubs in his home state of South Australia, but he knocked those rumours on the head yesterday.

He said he had met new coach Terry Wallace and was keen to end his career as a one-club player.

"Hopefully, we can get it all sorted out as soon as possible," Ottens said.

"I would be rapt to stay in Melbourne and hopefully we can get it all organised as soon as possible and get on with training and thinking about 2005.

"It's my main priority. Staying my whole career at one club is pretty important to me and I'd love to stay a Tiger."

Ottens said he and Wallace had already had a face-to-face discussion.

"I have spoken briefly to Terry and I hadn't had a whole lot to do with him in the past, so it was just good to meet him and see where he thought I was at and get a few of his ideas," Ottens told Triple M.

"He said he can see a bit of improvement in the role that I play and a few changes and I took a lot out of the talk I had with him.

"I spoke to him in person to touch base and see where he saw the club going and the changes and improvements he was going to make was a pretty big benefit for me."

Ottens failed to make an impact this year before an ankle injury brought a premature end to the season and he admitted he needed to lift.

"I would be the first to admit it hasn't been my best year," he said. "I have a lot of work to do in a lot of areas."

Collingwood have no need for any more tall forwards. If the players coming through make it one or two of them will have to go else where as there won't be room in the team.

OKAY,

Let's get this straight! guess_who has just come up with a trade IDEA, and you think it is a rumour. He never said that Ottens wants to leave, He never said that Tarrant wanted to leave.

And....

I am sick of this Collingwood board, We are all passionate Collingwood fans, yet I once again base a theory of some users. How many of you people bloody go to the football every week? How many people watch more than 1 match of AFL Football a week? Because when it somes down to when people who put their opinions down, the only ones that are worthy, are from people who actually answer yes to the following questions.

Chris Tarrant is a star, great overhead and contested mark, strong, quick, fit, perfect build for a footballer, finds the ball, kicks goals, needs to imrove his kicking, All-Australian, Club Leading Goalkicker for 4 consecutive years and still going. He is not for sale!!!

Brad Ottens, okay, This injured of late footballer is just as good as Chris Tarrant. Have any of you watched him play this year more than 5 games? I have watched every game he has played this season, so I think I am capable enough to tell you how good he is. He can play as a Key Position Forward, but when in Ruck he is dominant, and when he goes forward he is hard to match up on. He has commitment, courage and has leadership qualities at the Tigers and is loyal to the club. Was picked up at No.2 in the 1997 National Draft, so he has been quality since junior level, He was All-Australian in 2001 at the age of 21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant for Ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back