Tarrant for Ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Presti_is_god said:

You obviously have no idea about AFL Football,

NOW THAT IS ENOUGH ********ING SAID!!!!

Why don't you, get $2000, buy all 22 Richmond games from 2004, buy all 22 Richmond games from 2002, buy all Richmond games from 2001,

And then tell me Brad Ottens is ********ter than Tarrant. I think if a trade was to come through, then it would be straight swap - Tarrant - Ottens.

But Brad Ottens is a better player than Chris Tarrant, by a small margin, but better.

********ING ********ER!!!

brentoncowell said:
How about we offer Lokan for Judd? I think you guys might just see that as fair, you ********ers.

Presti_is_god would think that deal is worth it, he would probably chuck Glen Jakovich in as well!!!

Actually, Presti_is_god - you probably still think Glen Jakovich is playing AFL ********ing football!!! What would you know about West Coast anyway!!!

Lonie_from_50 said:
You obviously have no idea about AFL Football,

NOW THAT IS ENOUGH ********ING SAID!!!!

Why don't you, get $2000, buy all 22 Richmond games from 2004, buy all 22 Richmond games from 2002, buy all Richmond games from 2001,

And then tell me Brad Ottens is ********ter than Tarrant. I think if a trade was to come through, then it would be straight swap - Tarrant - Ottens.

But Brad Ottens is a better player than Chris Tarrant, by a small margin, but better.

********ING ********ER!!!

im with presti 100% on this one.
if we traded tarrant for ottens i would be cursing. ottens has promised, but not delivered. Tarrant is delivering almost on a weekly basis. We'd be crazy to give him up without obvious gain, and a 1 out deal for ottens is not obvious gain.

Ottens was all Australian at 21. Tarrant the same if not younger. How has Ottens not delivered, he has had a bad year and is still 6th in hit outs for the year.

Thank ******** yourself brentoncowell and Lonie_From_50 aren't in charge of Collingwood's trading or we'd be in even more ******** than we are currently.
Ottens better than Tarrant and better value to Collingwood? No wonder you 3 both worship Ben Kinnear.

bucksisbest said:
Thank ******** yourself brentoncowell and Lonie_From_50 aren't in charge of Collingwood's trading or we'd be in even more ******** than we are currently.
Ottens better than Tarrant and better value to Collingwood? No wonder you 3 both worship Ben Kinnear.

You three both??????

I never placed any values on any one, all i said is hypothetically would you?
I guess your answer is obvious.

Excuse my "both" mistake I added brentoncowell to my response after typing it out .
The other 2 clowns actually thought it'd be a good trade , you were included for even suggesting such a notion despite not being as idiotic.

bucksisbest said:
Excuse my "both" mistake I added brentoncowell to my response after typing it out .
The other 2 clowns actually thought it'd be a good trade , you were included for even suggesting such a notion despite not being as idiotic.

What have the magpie faithfull been crying out for a number of years now. What is it that every year is so high on our prioraty come draft time. Thats a ruck man that wins tap outs, it's not idiotic it was hypothetically speaking. I think most Collingwood fans over rate Tarrant.

guess_who said:
What have the magpie faithfull been crying out for a number of years now. What is it that every year is so high on our prioraty come draft time. Thats a ruck man that wins tap outs, it's not idiotic it was hypothetically speaking. I think most Collingwood fans over rate Tarrant.

granted we've needed a ruckman, but not willing to trade our number one forward for one.

i think you under rate tarrant. tarrant is the type of player that when combined with a rocca type player (big marking) can cause nightmares for defences. His role shouldnt be to lurk from the goalsquare. However due to unforseen circumstances, that was his role for most of this year. and unlike many others, he has excelled in that role.

Tarrant already is a superstar at a young age, and 3-4 years from now you're gonna think back on this and laugh at yourself for even mentioning such a trade.

the only case id accept for trading tarrant, is if we get an offer that is TOO good to refuse, tarrant for ottens is by no means an offer thats too good to refuse.

not to mention the amount he is adored by collingwood fans in general.
would u have traded daicos for jim stynes/scott wynd??

at least that one would have got us a brownlow medal ruckman.

I think that Taz is over rated, he is a full forward that can't kick goals. I do how ever believe that he is an absolute superstar in every sense of the word already. I dislike Tarrants attitude and if we could get a good trade such as Kerr/Judd/Stevens or N.Brown then I would trade him. Personally I would also trade him for Ottens and something on the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people say that tarrant does not want to be a footballer and would rather be back at mildura with his mates.

But if you look at his body development from his first year at collingwood until now you can see he has worked tremendously hard to build such a strong physique.

So his work ethic is not the problem as also you can see in his lenghy and repeated leads.

I think maybe the way we play does not make for happy forwards as we go wide and slow and play risk free football.

Put tarrant in a better side or a side that plays proper football and his goal scoring will increase by 100%.

I think tarrant is the only genuine decent player judkins has recruited in his tenure at collingwood so any trade would be an admission of failure on his part.

Tarrant looks a pretty good worker off the ball and his leads are that of a hard working player who has talent to burn. As an opposition supporter I like his style. I would hardly think one brawl would make his attitude suspect. No one thinks that Mark Johnsons (or Jason or whoever it was) attitude is poor and he was there.

Stan. said:
A lot of people say that tarrant does not want to be a footballer and would rather be back at mildura with his mates.

But if you look at his body development from his first year at collingwood until now you can see he has worked tremendously hard to build such a strong physique.

So his work ethic is not the problem as also you can see in his lenghy and repeated leads.

I think maybe the way we play does not make for happy forwards as we go wide and slow and play risk free football.

Put tarrant in a better side or a side that plays proper football and his goal scoring will increase by 100%.

I think tarrant is the only genuine decent player judkins has recruited in his tenure at collingwood so any trade would be an admission of failure on his part.

Spot on, great post. Agree with every aspect.

PieGal said:
Is Guess Who really a Collingwood supporter??? That is the most puzzling thing to come out of this thread.... :confused:

Yes I am a very passionate one at that, I don't how ever over rate every player to ever play for collingwood.

brentoncowell said:
That trade is unfair on richmond, Brad Ottens is a competion top 15 player and Tazza isnt in the same mould. Id give more than Tazza for Ottens. Ottens wont come though, richmond have something new so i think he will wanna be part of that and if he does look to leave they will throw the captaincy at him

u call yourself a collingwood supporter!!!!!!!!!!!
u can't be serious. U R A JOKE

you guys can get stuffed, Brad Ottens is big enough and has the talent to be one of the best players in the comp, he is about to enter a year that should see him play to his potential where as Tarrant is already playing his best footy and at his best Ottens ********s all over Tarent

who the hell would want a full foward that leads to the wing, where he cant kick goals which as a full foward you are supposed to do.
u can keep him

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant for Ottens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back