Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Thomas has just been charged again with harassing phone calls - this happened after North sacked him.

I thought he was a chance to get a 2nd chance, but the AFL will have to ban him for life now.

“Police executed a search warrant at a premises in Ormond on Tuesday 21 May about 11.15am.

“The man was arrested and charged with use telecommunications service to harass and breaching a court order.”

Thomas was bailed to appear at the Broadmeadows Magistrates’ Court on November 21.

I think that's tickety boo for thomas

That's assuming he is picked up by a new club next year.
I don't think he will.
Member & sponsor backlash would be too much even if he was the reincarnation of Haydyn Bunton himself.

That's a shame.

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

I think his latest indiscretion has put the final nail in the coffin.

I think so too, what a slap in the face for the likes of essendon and geelong who think they are good enough to swoop and get a bargain player and then get all the glory for 'turning' the player around.

I generally believe that as long as you do the work rehabilitation wise then everyone deserves a chance to earn a living but not sure that extends to AFL careers.

Not that it appears Thomas has taken any steps in the right direction.

I generally believe that as long as you do the work rehabilitation wise then everyone deserves a chance to earn a living but not sure that extends to AFL careers.

Not that it appears Thomas has taken any steps in the right direction.
he demonstrably hasn’t done any it the (very easy) work

I think his latest indiscretion has put the final nail in the coffin.
He's 24.

If he actually takes steps from here to actively rehabilitate his life and his football career it is not inconceivable that he would be playing in 2026.

He would need to:

• Play the 2025 season at a lower level
  • have zero further trouble of any kind
  • actually do the work required to doing any of this, Likely including getting an actual job

The likelihood of him doing any of this in a concerted effort to actually get back to where he was let alone deliver on his potential is remote. But.....

if the 2025 off season rolls around and he done the things I list above, then he would come cheap with a huge upside, it'll attract interest.

So final nail would be for now, what happens from here is really up to his ability to change.

He's 24.

If he actually takes steps from here to actively rehabilitate his life and his football career it is not inconceivable that he would be playing in 2026.

He would need to:

• Play the 2025 season at a lower level
  • have zero further trouble of any kind
  • actually do the work required to doing any of this, Likely including getting an actual job

The likelihood of him doing any of this in a concerted effort to actually get back to where he was let alone deliver on his potential is remote. But.....

if the 2025 off season rolls around and he done the things I list above, then he would come cheap with a huge upside, it'll attract interest.

So final nail would be for now, what happens from here is really up to his ability to change.
Nah, he's cooked it. Should never play afl again. If your club is banking on turning him into a decent human being they are wasting their time and inviting a PR disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theres no way a tasmanian team trying to incubate a decent culture will pick him up
Exactly, we will be following the Jackjumpers model of culture first.. almost zero chance he gets into Tasmania. and I'm someone who wants Tarryn to turn his life and attitude around and get another chance if he can.

Tom Morris reporting Saints have met with him and interested on signing him on for 2025
WHY?

The bloke's not even that good a player.

If it was a once-in-a-generation talent, I get that clubs would be prepared to sweep a bunch of terrible stuff under the carpet, but TT is nowhere near that.

WHY?

If it was a once-in-a-generation talent, I get that clubs would be prepared to sweep a bunch of terrible stuff under the carpet, but TT is nowhere near that.
Quality of football shouldn't even come into it in my opinion, DV isn't something that can be swept under the rug especially repeated cases no matter how good you kick a football.

WHY?

How many players capable of being ranked in the top 6 players in the league according to Champion data for the half a season he came back last year? He is a very good player, just not a good human unfortunately.

Another soft downhill skier for the saints. They do realise you need to win the ball to get it to these types of players? And this one's an absolute flog

If they do sign this 🐀 🐶 I hope the away fans at Saints games next year absolutely tear strips off it every time it goes near the pill.

Quality of football shouldn't even come into it in my opinion, DV isn't something that can be swept under the rug especially repeated cases no matter how good you kick a football.
The reality is that an exceptionally talented player will be forgiven much more for much worse, than a "40th on the list" battler.

If TT was in that class, then I'd at least understand clubs desperately downplaying/whitewashing/ignoring his terrible off field behaviour to grab the next superstar. I wouldn't LIKE it...but I'd get it.

But he's clearly not in the class.....so why on earth would a club make this much trouble for itself?

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back