Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Shouldn't be in the AFL system for another 12 months at a minimum I would have thought. Zero evidence of behavioral change as of yet.

Trust me, he will screw up again. If you are smart, trade for saint's future first and when the tt experiements implode, they will collapse down the bottom and you might end up with a top 2 pick.

Shouldn't be in the AFL system for another 12 months at a minimum I would have thought. Zero evidence of behavioral change as of yet.
Should’ve been banned for life but like the AFL has shown time and again, they have zero back bone with this stuff.

Should’ve been banned for life but like the AFL has shown time and again, they have zero back bone with this stuff.

Because if the he is banned permanently, then afl have essentially killed off any future players from low social economic status background and these players will go play soccer...or crime.

Marley williams returned to footy after being sentenced for breaking someone's jaw with king hit.

It would cost more in reputation to bring him in than it would be worth.
sounds like it would cost fk all, there is always another scandal coming around the corner. You cannot be picky when your a club that drafts shitty and is only a destination club if the team is good enough to make the GF already.

sounds like it would cost fk all, there is always another scandal coming around the corner. You cannot be picky when your a club that drafts shitty and is only a destination club if the team is good enough to make the GF already.

Yeah the thing is if the thomas gamble goes bust (every reason he will), then it will tank saint's chance of obtaining any good players in the future.

Also, him coming in may even have sponsorship scrutiny.

Yeah the thing is if the thomas gamble goes bust (every reason he will), then it will tank saint's chance of obtaining any good players in the future.

Also, him coming in may even have sponsorship scrutiny.
we only attract players past their prime looking for a pay cheque before they retire, if he comes and busts it makes no difference at all.

Because if the he is banned permanently, then afl have essentially killed off any future players from low social economic status background and these players will go play soccer...or crime.

Marley williams returned to footy after being sentenced for breaking someone's jaw with king hit.
Absolute crap.

We’ve shown time and time again that we’re willing to give people second chances if it’s reasonable. Thomas has portrayed an alarming pattern of behaviour that has continued despite unlimited resources poured into him and has been given multiple opportunities to fix this behaviour.

He’s blown his AFL career and it should stay that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich coming from a club that has a guy on there list who was lucky to avoid jail thanks to a lenient judge when it came to a horrific assault they were involved in.
This thread is about Tarryn Thomas

And the current tone is in relation to the morally inept decision of St Kilda to meet with a recently delisted player who was delisted due to extreme behavioral issues and unwillingness to change

Which a morally sound human would see as extremely disheartening in the current climate of required societal change in relation to domestic violence

Trying to make it a "but your club did this" discussion is a woefully ignorant choice to go down

I would hope no club goes near him

This thread is about Tarryn Thomas

And the current tone is in relation to the morally inept decision of St Kilda to meet with a recently delisted player who was delisted due to extreme behavioral issues and unwillingness to change

Which a morally sound human would see as extremely disheartening in the current climate of required societal change in relation to domestic violence

Trying to make it a "but your club did this" discussion is a woefully ignorant choice to go down

I would hope no club goes near him
I think it is appalling if the club met with Thomas and would question whether I would renew membership.

But if you're going to sling shit about a clubs character when you've got Toby Greene on your list then yeah I'm going to reply to that.

A morally sound human being like the anti-domestic violence advocate who said Tarryn shouldn't have a life ban from the AFL?

Obviously all this depends on Tarryn and his willingness to change (and also the result of the November trial). If he is unwilling and unable, he should never be near the AFL again. If he genuinely works on himself and is showing good signs of character change, then he should be allowed back in imo.

As was revealed on the North board he has become a born again Christian recently. Guess that was enough to convince the Saints.

Don't prisoners do that kind of thing all the time to get their sentences reduced?
A born again Christian playing for a team named the Saints?

Clearly it's a match made in heaven.

Are St Kilda trolling the AFL after all the “talent being taken out of the draft” hoo-ha

Except that’s completely valid.. how many Father Son and Academy picks have gone to top teams.. not to mention Saints only Number 1 pick in the last 20 years having to retire due to concussion and their next highest pick 3 being a flop preceded by the best player of the last 5 years..

Trust me, he will screw up again. If you are smart, trade for saint's future first and when the tt experiements implode, they will collapse down the bottom and you might end up with a top 2 pick.

North won’t get a thing for this he is a delisted free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back