Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Because if the he is banned permanently, then afl have essentially killed off any future players from low social economic status background and these players will go play soccer...or crime.

Marley williams returned to footy after being sentenced for breaking someone's jaw with king hit.
Marlon Pickett, Andy Krakouer had done significant time in jail.
Maybe Tarryn needs to go to jail to appreciate the benefits of proper behaviour.
Somewhere he can't use a mobile phone.
Perhaps some other rehab facility could help, i don't know what type.
Where are his parents in this?
Does he have siblings to tell him off like Sam Kerr did to Daniel Kerr.

This thread is about Tarryn Thomas

And the current tone is in relation to the morally inept decision of St Kilda to meet with a recently delisted player who was delisted due to extreme behavioral issues and unwillingness to change

Which a morally sound human would see as extremely disheartening in the current climate of required societal change in relation to domestic violence

Trying to make it a "but your club did this" discussion is a woefully ignorant choice to go down

I would hope no club goes near him
Are Hawks and Collingwood looking at him or are they still trying to clean up their racist image?

Should’ve been banned for life but like the AFL has shown time and again, they have zero back bone with this stuff.

Banning for life, and offering no support does not really help anyone.

Clearly has a lot to learn, but it would be hard thing to learn if your upbringing was ****ed up. (I have not heard anything about his upbringing, but if it was half like Stengle then I feel sorry for him)

Are Hawks and Collingwood looking at him or are they still trying to clean up their racist image?
Unsure of what the relevance is here?

Did you want to prove my point?

If so, thanks
If not, take a look a yourself

TT should not be near an AFL squad
Any reasonable supporter would feel the same

$1.10 for the AFL to step in here and subtly suggest don’t fsrken do it.

Can’t see him playing again

The AFL don't even need to actually step in.

Thomas is not currently cleared to play at any level and that won't be changed until after the outcome of his court date in November.

So if they really don't want him in the AFL they hold the exact ability to keep him out of the AFL.

I also don't expect it to be an easy pathway for him to get back into the league. I would be shocked if he was just readmitted into the AFL after being sacked, reoffending, going to court for which currently has an unknown outcome.

From here it appears he has done virtually nothing to indicate he has changed at all.

The AFL don't even need to actually step in.

Thomas is not currently cleared to play at any level and that won't be changed until after the outcome of his court date in November.

So if they really don't want him in the AFL they hold the exact ability to keep him out of the AFL.

I also don't expect it to be an easy pathway for him to get back into the league. I would be shocked if he was just readmitted into the AFL after being sacked, reoffending, going to court for which currently has an unknown outcome.

From here it appears he has done virtually nothing to indicate he has changed at all.

Thanks for the extra details. Sounds like it’s a thorough process which is good.

Thanks for the extra details. Sounds like it’s a thorough process which is good.
Should his court outcome not see him locked up, the AFL will have a moment to do an actual action rather than lip service.

If Tarryn is playing in 2025 the AFL could dedicate every round to the safety of Women in society and it would be devoid of all meaning.

I’m all for a pathway back should be actually make meaningful change in his life.

However that pathway back simply cannot be you didn’t go to jail so everything is fine.

Marlon Pickett, Andy Krakouer had done significant time in jail.
Maybe Tarryn needs to go to jail to appreciate the benefits of proper behaviour.
Somewhere he can't use a mobile phone.
Perhaps some other rehab facility could help, i don't know what type.
Where are his parents in this?
Does he have siblings to tell him off like Sam Kerr did to Daniel Kerr.

As lyon has said, he needs to play in the seconds for 1, 2 years to show he is contrite and can earn a living first before even being considered.

He is very close to his grandmother but she also died in 2021 and that was the catalyst downward spiral of his life.

Very sad story

When was the last incident?

Is there an approved designated length of time?
Would have to be on a case by case basis?

Looking at this case we are dealing with a recidivist with very little evidence of behavioral change, although the longer he remains incident free the better his prospects would be.

bizarre move from St Kilda, but not unexpected from Grubby Allen.
feel really sorry for the Saints supporters, why can't they just get a President who is prepared to stand up and be counted, lay down the law on the culture required to be successful.
I'm a neutral here, but would just love to see the Saints succeed. Probably the best supporters in the AFL, incredibly loyal, and deserve much more than the crap Grubby and Lyon dish out.

Was he?
Your the one making the statements

This forum isn’t about race

It’s about a discussion regarding a player charged with serious offences regarding a former partner

This is the main point of this discussion

Read the report, all 89 pages, the final straw was the ripped jeans comment from K-dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He won’t be playing AFL in 2025. Already reports of Saint supporters up in arms of the contact with TT.

The only way he plays next year is if the courts believe the best punishment for him is to play for the Saints.

They’ll bring back capital punishment before subjecting someone to that

Saints releasing a statement this arvo according to Lyon. Let's see what kind of slant the club puts on Grubby Allen's meeting.

How's this for an oxymoron "Essendon distanced themselves from Thomas in a letter to members in June, after coach Brad Scott had described the player as a "good person"

You can't be a good person if you are a serial abuser of women.

Wondering if the AFL will have another round next season against domestic violence, the one where players from both teams linked arms before the game. What would TT do in that circumstance?

Saints releasing a statement this arvo according to Lyon. Let's see what kind of slant the club puts on Grubby Allen's meeting.

How's this for an oxymoron "Essendon distanced themselves from Thomas in a letter to members in June, after coach Brad Scott had described the player as a "good person"

You can't be a good person if you are a serial abuser of women.

Wondering if the AFL will have another round next season against domestic violence, the one where players from both teams linked arms before the game. What would TT do in that circumstance?
Reckon he misses that one with hamstring awareness.

I wonder what they meant by due diligence. They could have just googled his name rather than buy him lunch.

But yes, sanity prevails.
Due Diligence means Grubby Allen got a clip around the ear after the club copped a warning from numerous parties.

TT is too much a risk for any club IMO, alienate the clubs AFLW players, members, women, sponsors, potential for Goodes type mindless booing at every game, relapses of offending, he might need to wait for Tasmania

Due Diligence means Grubby Allen got a clip around the ear after the club copped a warning from numerous parties.

TT is too much a risk for any club IMO, alienate the clubs AFLW players, members, women, sponsors, potential for Goodes type mindless booing at every game, relapses of offending, he might need to wait for Tasmania
They've obviously realised the fan base won't accept it

what an absolute shit-show from St Kilda. Without thinking (seems to happen a lot at that club) they put the cart before the horse. If Grubby and Lyon had even a single neuron synapsing, they would have had a good feel of the sponser's and supporter's waters before going within 1000kms of him. Instead, they sound him out, then the above ridiculous statement is released when they discover what every other club knew that if you even gave the slightest thought of recruiting him, the whole place would be torn down.
if they had a half-decent president and CEO, nothing like this mess would ever occur.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back