Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Should’ve been banned for life but like the AFL has shown time and again, they have zero back bone with this stuff.
Agreee he needs to get a real job, does not belong anywhere near the AFL. he can be a regular citizen like the rest of us . He was given plenty of opportunities to understand his privilege and threw it away. the less we hear from TT the better

Saints releasing a statement this arvo according to Lyon. Let's see what kind of slant the club puts on Grubby Allen's meeting.

How's this for an oxymoron "Essendon distanced themselves from Thomas in a letter to members in June, after coach Brad Scott had described the player as a "good person"

You can't be a good person if you are a serial abuser of women.

Wondering if the AFL will have another round next season against domestic violence, the one where players from both teams linked arms before the game. What would TT do in that circumstance?

It's quite clear, thomas will either get reformed and get on with living or just completely drop his bundle and fall into the bottom rugs of the society.

what an absolute shit-show from St Kilda. Without thinking (seems to happen a lot at that club) they put the cart before the horse. If Grubby and Lyon had even a single neuron synapsing, they would have had a good feel of the sponser's and supporter's waters before going within 1000kms of him. Instead, they sound him out, then the above ridiculous statement is released when they discover what every other club knew that if you even gave the slightest thought of recruiting him, the whole place would be torn down.
if they had a half-decent president and CEO, nothing like this mess would ever occur.

Didn't they use to have a president who was a severe alchoholic?

I wonder what they meant by due diligence. They could have just googled his name rather than buy him lunch.

But yes, sanity prevails.
Due diligence means sponsors and members let them know it was goodbye if they even considered him. The real problem though is the AFL didn't do the right thing and issue a life time ban on any involvement in footy at any level

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Due diligence means sponsors and members let them know it was goodbye if they even considered him. The real problem though is the AFL didn't do the right thing and issue a life time ban on any involvement in footy at any level

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The afl doesn't want to come down too harshly or get involved at all during the current sensitive time with multiple racism lawsuit going on concurrently alas getting blamed for 'destorying' another indeginous player's career where the white players get a lot more 'leeway'.

So North, Essendon and St Kilda are all the clubs ruled out for taking on Thomas. Who’s the next club stupid enough to lift their head above the trenches?

So North, Essendon and St Kilda are all the clubs ruled out for taking on Thomas. Who’s the next club stupid enough to lift their head above the trenches?
I think after the backlash from ess and saints fans it will be a long time before any club would speak to him.

It's wild how radioactive this guy is. If you even mention you are considering him, you will need to send out apologies to all your members. I'm kind of shocked that we have a player who many clubs would want, but are unwilling due to the PR nightmare it would create. Kudos to North for attempting to get him to change, but they made the right call axing him and I suspect that no club is going to touch him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He needs to show the world, what he did was wrong, much like Andy krakour and turn he's life around first instead of playing afl next year
That would require him actually believing he did anything wrong, and I don't think he does.

Was never ever in consideration for the Saints so whoever has reported he was ever in discussion is spreading fake news.

St Kilda should sue whichever journo ran with this slanderous story.

What actually occurred was that Tarryn was having lunch with cousin when he approached a worker in a St Kilda polo getting takeaway for a brief chat. And the journos ran with this. I know the lunch spot too in Bentleigh, TT frequents it and sits at the back table.

But of course listen to the news and media the fake ITKs who don’t know a thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Tarryn Thomas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back