Taskmaster

Remove this Banner Ad

jabba5114

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I couldn't find any topics about this. Watched all of the English us and have seen no has a version too. If anyone has watched it who would you have as hosts if Australia launched a series also can put contestants toys like to see in it. I see Celia pacquola and luke McGregor as the hosts. You'd want a mix of current and old comedians possibly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Same production company as Taskmaster NZ apparently which is excellent news. NZ season 2 is as good as any UK season.
Yeah the NZ ones are excellent. Can't say anything about cashman as I've never heard of him. Only heard of two of the contestants as well. Will definitely watch. Gleeson is going to be fun putting the contestants down

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Sounds good. Dont know most of the contestants but it is channel 10 after all. That being said as the format makes it work for anyone as long as they dont take themselves too seriously.

Funny show. Won't work unless Greg Davies and Little Alex Horne are in it though.
That is what it is and how it’s thought out.
Think of Gervais franchise out the office, yeah.
oh, and then sit back and see syndication.
AlexHorne. Creator is doing very well.And the original is the best..
Got about 10 or so seasons around the place..
oh Greg Davies as the Taskmaster…
absolute campaigner, but funny as.

That is what it is and how it’s thought out.
Think of Gervais franchise out the office, yeah.
oh, and then sit back and see syndication.
AlexHorne. Creator is doing very well.And the original is the best..
Got about 10 or so seasons around the place..
oh Greg Davies as the Taskmaster…
absolute campaigner, but funny as.
Yeah the only one that hasn't worked is the yanks and that's because they didn't understand it. Typical

Yeah the only one that hasn't worked is the yanks and that's because they didn't understand it. Typical

Hahahaahah
yeah sarcasm and irony for the second amendment. Just dumb.

Hahahaahah
yeah sarcasm and irony for the second amendment. Just dumb.
Yeah they didn't like to look stupid. Very American. For it to work the contestants need to let go of all ego. They definitely can't do that. The old chick on it was the absolute worst contestant ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, tonight should have been ep 3. For some reason, the idiots in charge of Ch10 in Canberra decided to a repeat of ep 1 last week - so this week we're finally getting ep 2. Effectively, they've shown eps 1, 1, and 2 over the last 3 weeks. Why? Only the morons at Ch10 Canberra can answer.

Are other broadcast markets getting ep 3 tonight, or is Canberra alone in this stupidity?

The Aussie one isn't bad at all, I've found a few of the tasks to be quite hilarious, and even Julia Morris has made me laugh a few times. The only time in 30 years she has made me laugh.

The UK version is one of my favourite shows ever. Greg and Alex are the ultimate comedy duo.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Aus version. Still vastly inferior to the UK version but it was OK. Think it can grow into something pretty good if they sharpen up the editing, scoring and banter. The tasks themselves were excellent.

As someone that genuinely dislikes both Julia Morris and Jimmy Rees I was amazed the show made me tolerate them.

Nina was utterly adorable (and hopeless) and Luke was great as expected.

Would love to see Celia Pacquola, Myf Warhurst, Rob Sitch, Hamish Blake and Paul McDermott do a season together.

The UK version is one of my favourite shows ever. Greg and Alex are the ultimate comedy duo.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Aus version. Still vastly inferior to the UK version but it was OK. Think it can grow into something pretty good if they sharpen up the editing, scoring and banter. The tasks themselves were excellent.
I think Gleeson warmed into as the season went on. I know they probably filmed the studio portion over 2-3 days, but maybe he got some notes along the way. I did keep thinking, just be more like Greg, but that probably just wouldn't work - they're better off just doing it with their own twist.

I feel like the contestants dropped the ball on the prize tasks, which kind of set the tone for the rest of the episode. Maybe that's on the producers for not emphasising that enough. Who knows. But it was probably the worst part of each episode.

I'm a huge fan of British comedians in general. They tend to be far more witty whereas Australian comedy as a whole has a tendency to fall back on crudeness and swearing. You only had to endure the mostly awful Last One Laughing a few years back to see this demonstrated.

Cast for Taskmaster AU Season 2 has just been announced:
  • Peter Helliar
  • Mel Buttle
  • Aaron Chen
  • Conchetta Caristo
  • Rhys Nicholson
Taskmaster Australia S2 cast announced | TV Tonight

I'm sure I've seen Mel Buttle before, but I have no idea where/when. I have no idea who Conchetta is - but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I hadn't heard of Nina Oyama or Dannielle Walker before I watched S1, and now I'm a fan of both.

Aaron Chen is good, really good sometimes ... but with Peter Helliar & Rhys Nicholson, there's no way I'm bothering to watch this series. Thanks, but no thanks. Hopefully it will be renewed for a 3rd season, with a decent cast, and I'll return then.

• Peter Helliar meh.
  • Mel Buttle don't know if she's funny or not.
  • Aaron Chen should be hilarious
  • Conchetta Caristo who?
  • Rhys Nicholson good lord no

Will still watch but not the best cast.

Cast for Taskmaster AU Season 2 has just been announced:
  • Peter Helliar
  • Mel Buttle
  • Aaron Chen
  • Conchetta Caristo
  • Rhys Nicholson
Taskmaster Australia S2 cast announced | TV Tonight

I'm sure I've seen Mel Buttle before, but I have no idea where/when. I have no idea who Conchetta is - but that's not necessarily a bad thing, I hadn't heard of Nina Oyama or Dannielle Walker before I watched S1, and now I'm a fan of both.

Aaron Chen is good, really good sometimes ... but with Peter Helliar & Rhys Nicholson, there's no way I'm bothering to watch this series. Thanks, but no thanks. Hopefully it will be renewed for a 3rd season, with a decent cast, and I'll return then.
Mel buttle is a host on Australian bake off

Remove this Banner Ad

Taskmaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back