Tasmanian Football Results: August 20-21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your right about us not being able to win at Belerieve. Good to see everyone getting reaonably fired up about the finals. My uncle is going to send me the tape of Glenorchy V North Hobart game.

WCL said:
Your right about us not being able to win at Belerieve. Good to see everyone getting reaonably fired up about the finals. My uncle is going to send me the tape of Glenorchy V North Hobart game.
so u can see North Hobart upset the maggots

WCL said:
You can get a copy of it? Or is he filming it with the handheld?

The Majestic said:
For some reason the Pies cannot win on Bellerive,

Yeh that is true, thoguh if i remember correctly they beat clarence there last year by 11 points in a great game, scott bennetts killed them that day.

the game of this weeks finals series has 2 be the blockbuster at boyer doesnt it? i was at the last game these two teams played i believe the roos should of won it was onlt their inaccuracy of the third term that cost them 1.8 if i remember correctly! clarence i believe has 2 much run from their on ballers and younger players

just heard from a bloke at work riewoldt's appeal was successful and he'll be puttin on the red and white guernsey this weekend!bloke rekons he heard it from afl tas somehow

StarBucks05 said:
the game of this weeks finals series has 2 be the blockbuster at boyer doesnt it? i was at the last game these two teams played i believe the roos should of won it was onlt their inaccuracy of the third term that cost them 1.8 if i remember correctly! clarence i believe has 2 much run from their on ballers and younger players
I'd say both would be blockbusters though the Glenorchy/North Hobart would be the closer of the two. Glenorchy in red hot form, North coming off a loss to Clarence last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse me?

Were you WCL not exclaiming in recent weeks how stuffed the sport was in this State?

Glenorchy pinching a win from New Norfolk and then thumping Kingston in an Elimination Final does not the revival of Tasmanian Football maketh!

I admit that Barge, but at the moment everything is going beautifully, the BIG 4 are in the finals adn everybody seems pretty excited, the Devils should get a good crowd (hope they lose though) and I truly believe with plenty of publicity in GF week and with the devils not playing (I hope), we can certainly draw a good crowd. The pies are winning and everything is sweet, plus the fact the NTFL is flying.

What I am about to paste below is the 15 most recent stories (most of them copied from the Mercury) on the "SFL" website (southernfootball.com.au).

I know this kind of thing has been brought to public attention before but it is highlighted especially in light of the fact the all-important Devils are in the finals and on a 9 game winning streak....

26/8/05 - Win will give Devils another home final *
26/8/05 - Devils have their finals mix just right *
26/8/05 - Hutchins eager for shot at glory
26/8/05 - ODFA grand final spot up for grabs
25/8/05 - Kermandie angry at final outcome
25/8/05 - Dynamo has Devil in him *
24/8/05 - Clarence to appeal Riewoldt ban
24/8/05 - Juniors put best footy forward
24/8/05 - A long, hard slog to our milestone *
24/8/05 - Devils seek transport plan for bumper finals crowd *
24/8/05 - "Shack" set to defend Devils' pride *
23/8/05 - Extra Tassie final doubt *
23/8/05 - Fan's Devilish intentions *
23/8/05 - Callinan confirms he's the best *
22/8/05 - Devils hang on in windy cliff-hanger *

It's SUPPOSED TO BE the website of the SOUTHERN FOOTBALL LEAGUE but what do they cover in particular on there? Of 15 stories:

TEN on the Devils
TWO on the SFL itself
TWO on different comps entirely (ODFA, Old Scholars, why are these posted on there anyway?) and
ONE on local Primary School Footy Finals?

I thought devilsfc.com was where the Devils-related stories were supposed to be broadcast?

ODFA and Old Scholars are on there as the site technically covers AFL Southern Tasmania, a committee that both Associations are represented on.

Ozguy said:
ODFA and Old Scholars are on there as the site technically covers AFL Southern Tasmania, a committee that both Associations are represented on.

Yes I spoke to Dan Garlick (webmaster of the AFLST website) in town sometime back and asked him about this very subject - I believe The Doctor '73 raised it on here some months back - and he stated that they would be putting all football-related stories from the South on that website, to increase hits on the website and to make it more of a "one stop shop" for all footy in the South.
Also too, the Tasmanian Devils website is no longer maintained.

Given that the number of leagues and clubs in the South is decreasing so rapidly every year, I reckon they ought have links to every club in the South on that page, and pages for the SFL Premier, SFL Regional and OSFA.
The AFL Tasmania website is back up and running but hasn't got a great deal of substance to it.
Click on my username Kingpin and go to my profile, and go to my usernotes for all the footy websites I've managed to come across in Tasmanian football. It's post #4.

After making my post at 11.23 last night I thought "I might check the Devils website out!" To as you just said Kingpin, discover that it no longer operates.

So thery're "putting all football-related stories from the South on that website" are they?

So why do they continue to profess that is the OFFICIAL SFL Website?

Why don't they just bin this particular site and have the footballtas.com.au (off the top of my head) cover everything? As when I checked this site last night alot of the stories are on both sites!

Does Football.com.au have news from the Northern leagues? I'd think they should have news for the SFL and NTFL on the SFL and NTFL sites, and have the rest of the news on Footballtas.com.au that would be a better idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tasmanian Football Results: August 20-21.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back