Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious:D For a minute there I thought it was Barge, but then after a second look I finally realised it was the great man himself that keeps the painters of Hobart supplied.....the one and only EGG:D

I thought it was me too!

Very similar hair to the mullet I had in my coached-by-Ross Grace-days!

Edgy has given it up (again...). Not interested in footy, his old lady wants him home more!! He'll feel the passion again, but will end up coaching underage again somewhere- he loves coaching young fellas, and damn good at it too.

In saying that, I do know that he has spoken to Brighton... But they want a player coach.
Yeah the good lady who must be obeyed wants him home a bit more and I think wants to spend some time travelling with him too. ;)
Seriously good coach of the young fellas is Edgie, he's always been very well respected by the young blokes around the club and has always done a great job.
I think poor old Edgie had a bit mishap at work recently, tell ya what he's still pretty fit for a 50 year old, he played in the two's for Hobart I think in a game earlier this year (might've been pre-season) and did pretty well and kicked a couple.

PS: Saw young Jake Gillbee (son of legendary Tiger Steve Gillbee) was just about BOG in Lauderdale's Under 17's premiership win over North Hobart last Sunday.
My mail is Steven Gillbee will be coaching one of their sides down at the 'Dale next year - possibly one of the underage sides.

Plover Gillbee - have listened to him talk to some of the junior sides he's coached in recent times - ridiculously over qualified to coach juniors!

Some lucky juniors down there in the next few years!

Here's a question for the 14-17 year olds on here - how far can Jake Gillbee go with his footy?

Plover Gillbee - have listened to him talk to some of the junior sides he's coached in recent times - ridiculously over qualified to coach juniors!

Here's a question for the 14-17 year olds on here - how far can Jake Gillbee go with his footy?

He plays 15's for Sorell, and 17's for Lauderdale.

In the 15's state side.

Reasonably quick, wouldn't say he is lightning fast, terrific set of hands.

Is a reasonable height around 180 cm. Plays as a midfielder and looks very settled both at 15's and 17's level.

I rate him highly, but it would surprise me to see him go any higher than playing Mariners footy.

It'd all depend on time factors - busy with work and stuff - but apparently they've got some pretty good youngsters down there and it'll be good for them if they get him.
Over-qualified yes, but they'd be smart to get him on board. :)

NTFL Grand Final
{Seniors} Launceston 19.9 (123) - Ulverstone 16.12 (108)
{Reserves} Devonport 14.9 (93) - Ulverstone 5.8 (38)
{Under 19} Latrobe 15.12 (102) - Ulverstone 11.8 (74)

NTFA Division One Grand Final
George Town 16.11 (107) - Longford 11.13 (79)
Attendance: 4,221 at Aurora Stadium.

The Saints sixth consecutive premiership.

In the Old Scholars FA Grand Final, Hutchins ran away to win by 57-points over DOSA at North Hobart today.

NTFA Under 19's
Scottsdale defeated Longford by 1 point after a scoreboard discrepancy showing a draw.
Reserves
DELORAINE:D Defeated Longford by 28 points

A total embarrassment with the Under 19's...how you could be so wrong in the scoreboard boggled me at the time.

But thankfully he didn't have to sweat so much with the Deloraine boys winning the twos! ;) I think I was sweating doing the water today though...:cool:

How bad for both the Longford and Ulverstone Footy clubs, to have teams in all three finals and not to come away with anything. A long day for the supporters, especially for the Longford ones with the flak they copped from Scottsdale, Deloraine and Georgetown supporters, almost made you feel sorry for them.

Can I enquire as to how you assist Deloraine?

You can, been volunteering, assisting on match days with various duties Barge.
Think of a job to do on match day and I've done about all of them.
Even Running too for the occasional seniors game, not bad for the fitness freak like myself (I cringe in embarrassment :eek:)

Even when I was working in Hobart for three years I'd still make the trek up for one or maybe two weekends a month and balance my season out with SFL and NTFA committments.
Should chuck in the NTFL too, been to about six games this year...wooo!

How bad for both the Longford and Ulverstone Footy clubs, to have teams in all three finals and not to come away with anything. A long day for the supporters, especially for the Longford ones with the flak they copped from Scottsdale, Deloraine and Georgetown supporters, almost made you feel sorry for them.

It's not the worst for Ulverstone IMO. They have a lot of youth there so for them to get second is a good effort IMO.

But for Longford it's a different story, they are a bit like Devonport in the way that they are filled with promise, but they don't deliver on the day...just my observation...

Question to anyone, If George Town wins the 2008 title, is it a Tasmanian Record for most concectutive premierships??
(As they have already won 6 in a row, equaling Launceston's 1933-38 premiership run)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question to anyone, If George Town wins the 2008 title, is it a Tasmanian Record for most concectutive premierships??
(As they have already won 6 in a row, equaling Launceston's 1933-38 premiership run)

No. :)

Tasmanian Football Records - Consecutive Premierships
Irishtown: {10} - Circular Head Football Association from 1906-1915.
Sidmouth: {9} - West Tamar Football Association from 1934-1941 & 1946.
Deloraine: {8} - Meander Football Association from 1902-1909.
Lyell-Gormanston: {8} - Western Tasmania Football Association from 1986-1993.
Bracknell: {7} - Esk Football Association from 1959-1965.
North Motton Rovers: {7} - Leven Football Association from 1934-1940.
Irishtown: {6} - Circular Head Football Association from 1919-1924.
Launceston: {6} - Northern Tasmania Football Association from 1933-1938.
Bracknell: {6} - Esk, Central, & Esk Football Associations from 1937-1946.
Nubeena: {6} - Tasman Football Association from 1962-1967.
North: {6} - King Island Football League from 1999-2004
George Town: {6} - Northern Tasmania Football Association (Division 1) from 2002-2007.

Courtesy of Footypedia.

OZ might be able to verify this with Woodsdale's run of flags in the ODFA - Not sure how many consecutive premierships they won but they made the grand final something like 14 times in 15 years.

Kingpin might know as well?

OZ might be able to verify this with Woodsdale's run of flags in the ODFA - Not sure how many consecutive premierships they won but they made the grand final something like 14 times in 15 years.
4-in-a-row twice according to Footypedia.
1990-1993 and again from 1998-2001 :thumbsu:

PS: I'll reply to that after too mate ;)

Rumour mill has intensified and have been recently told from ppl in the know that Bolton is over the line at Clarence. Apparently it was down to him and Degoyer. They wanted a playing coach so im told but Bolts has said he wont play that many cos he is pretty stuffed physically.

a couple of mates of mind are working in Launceston next footy season and are looking for a club no money just want to play 2s , your bar profits will increase with the 10 blokes coming to watch

a couple of mates of mind are working in Launceston next footy season and are looking for a club no money just want to play 2s , your bar profits will increase with the 10 blokes coming to watch
Send them to Old Scotch mate, from what I read on this site and other posts they seem to be a great club. Their reserves won the flag this year so would be a good team to get into!! Seem to have a good group of blokes which always helps, mightymagpie and the thistle may be able to tell you more.

They have an awesome website too at www.oscfc.com

David Newett to for AFL

I hear David Newett is speaking with the Western Bulldogs.

Anyone know anything about this one. I can't reveal my source but gee won't that be a great result for a top bloke.

How he got Glenorchy up over Clarence is a mystery as man for man Clarence are far more talented.

Must be a super coach.

Re: David Newett to for AFL

I hear David Newett is speaking with the Western Bulldogs.

Anyone know anything about this one. I can't reveal my source but gee won't that be a great result for a top bloke.

How he got Glenorchy up over Clarence is a mystery as man for man Clarence are far more talented.

Must be a super coach.

First of all Duff TV congratulations on the brilliant work you are doing filming/editing grass roots football and making it accessible to the public. You deliver a top quality product.

BUT

I have to strongly disagree with your comment that "man for man Clarence are far more talented" than Glenorchy.

If you run a close eye through Clarence's side on Grand Final day I believe that their depth was the thing that cost them (granted they had lost key players to injury throughout the season). They had a number of players who would not hold a candle to Glenorchy's 22nd best player on that particular day. Players such as Thorp, McVilley, O'Toole and Skeggs. I could go on.

I realise that this is your humble opinion but to mention that on this thread and others, denigrates Glenorchy's performance somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back