Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anyone tell me who won the goal kicking 4 the sfl reginal league this year, and runner up and so on??? and how many goals they kicked??

Well if the footy record is anything to go by the winner was Chris Joyce (Huonville) 118, Jamie Tubb (Lindisfarne) 107 was 2nd, Clinton Curtain with 105 (Claremont) was 3rd

Well if the footy record is anything to go by the winner was Chris Joyce (Huonville) 118, Jamie Tubb (Lindisfarne) 107 was 2nd, Clinton Curtain with 105 (Claremont) was 3rd

Wow pretty good effort to all three, has this been done before at senior level in Tassie :thumbsu:
(3 Guys kicking a 100 goals in the home and away) I know Peter Hudson Peter McKenna and Alex Jesalinko did it in 1970 VFL

Wow pretty good effort to all three, has this been done before at senior level in Tassie :thumbsu:
(3 Guys kicking a 100 goals in the home and away) I know Peter Hudson Peter McKenna and Alex Jesalinko did it in 1970 VFL

I'd say nope, the media made a big deal out of Matthew Langmaid and Phillip Crowden kicking 100+ in the NTFL last season.
Kingpin could answer that for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha, Lunch at the grand on the sunday! That would of been a classic move. Pretty sure they didn't go that far, but they would have been very confident of having some silverware at Anzac Park. Jock McGregor does the improbable...again.

The improbable?

Has coached 3 flags - Kermandie 2000, Hutchins 2002 (?) and Huonville Lions 2008, with to the best of my recollection the one on the weekend being the only one you'd call an upset?

I'd say nope, the media made a big deal out of Matthew Langmaid and Phillip Crowden kicking 100+ in the NTFL last season.
Kingpin could answer that for you.
I can't recall three centurions in the same competition in the same season happening before.
That doesn't mean it hasn't happened before though either ;)
I've seen two in the same season before in the TFL, in 1988 Wayne Fox (Hobart) and Chris Reynolds (Devonport) both broke the ton.
I think from memory Paul Dac (New Norfolk) and Byron Howard (North Hobart) might've also done it about 3 years after that too.
I know the year Shane Fell kicked 114 for Glenorchy (which led him to getting drafted by the Swans), Wayne Fox ended up on 98.
Fox needed 8 in the '89 Grand Final and got 6.
The grand dream of him kicking his 100th after the final siren to get the Tigers over the line by a point against North to win the flag didn't quite eventuate. :p

PS: somersetboy no1:
Micheal McGregor is 39.
Played for Sandy Bay (TFL), Southern Cats (TFL), Kermandie (SFL), Hutchins (OSFA), Hobart (SFL) and Huonville Lions (SFL), also had a stint playing in Victoria as well at one stage.
Was a longtime stalwart of the old Sandy Bay Seagulls, would have to be up there in the Bay's highest goalkickers ever, you'd think.
Took Kermandie from virtually last in his first year to a Premiership in 2000 as playing coach, had a very good team that year and I thought were a way better side than New Norfolk in the second half of that season.
Was playing coach of Hutchins and took them to a flag in the Old Scholars.
Took Hobart from an Elimination Final to a Grand Final in his first year as playing coach but Hobart ran out of steam after quarter time on the big day and lost by 110-points, also coached a badly out of form side to an Elimination Final loss the following year.
And of course two grand finals and a premiership at Huonville Lions.
Very unusual coach but gets results and tends not to show a great deal of respect to the opposition from what I saw.
Done well though :thumbsu:

I can't recall three centurions in the same competition in the same season happening before.
That doesn't mean it hasn't happened before though either ;)
I've seen two in the same season before in the TFL, in 1988 Wayne Fox (Hobart) and Chris Reynolds (Devonport) both broke the ton.
I think from memory Paul Dac (New Norfolk) and Byron Howard (North Hobart) might've also done it about 3 years after that too.
I know the year Shane Fell kicked 114 for Glenorchy (which led him to getting drafted by the Swans), Wayne Fox ended up on 98.
Fox needed 8 in the '89 Grand Final and got 6.
The grand dream of him kicking his 100th after the final siren to get the Tigers over the line by a point against North to win the flag didn't quite eventuate. :p

PS: somersetboy no1:
Micheal McGregor is 39.
Played for Sandy Bay (TFL), Southern Cats (TFL), Kermandie (SFL), Hutchins (OSFA), Hobart (SFL) and Huonville Lions (SFL), also had a stint playing in Victoria as well at one stage.
Was a longtime stalwart of the old Sandy Bay Seagulls, would have to be up there in the Bay's highest goalkickers ever, you'd think.
Took Kermandie from virtually last in his first year to a Premiership in 2000 as playing coach, had a very good team that year and I thought were a way better side than New Norfolk in the second half of that season.
Was playing coach of Hutchins and took them to a flag in the Old Scholars.
Took Hobart from an Elimination Final to a Grand Final in his first year as playing coach but Hobart ran out of steam after quarter time on the big day and lost by 110-points, also coached a badly out of form side to an Elimination Final loss the following year.
And of course two grand finals and a premiership at Huonville Lions.
Very unusual coach but gets results and tends not to show a great deal of respect to the opposition from what I saw.
Done well though :thumbsu:
cheers 4 that 2 kingpin, sounds like a bit of a legend. deffinatly played at clubs thats 4 sure

Looks like some tough decisions have been made down at Glenorchy in the lead-up to this weeks SFL Grand Final showdown with North Hobart.

Dave Hunt will be lining up for the twos

As will Daniel Muir, after playing nearly every game for the ones this year.

The Chivers decision, combined with the inclusion of Shane Piuselli and the form of youngster Ryan Harwood must have made it a sleepless week for Micky Bowden you would think!

Looks like some tough decisions have been made down at Glenorchy in the lead-up to this weeks SFL Grand Final showdown with North Hobart.

Dave Hunt will be lining up for the twos

As will Daniel Muir, after playing nearly every game for the ones this year.

The Chivers decision, combined with the inclusion of Shane Piuselli and the form of youngster Ryan Harwood must have made it a sleepless week for Micky Bowden you would think!

Based on this rowie09 who will you be tipping for the big one this weekend?

Based on this rowie09 who will you be tipping for the big one this weekend?

Glenorchy.

Obviously the pies are taking their absolute best 22 into this game. If Muir has been dropped after his recent form, that tells me they must be looking very very good.

Having said that, it will be a tight match...North beat Glenorchy all over the park a few weeks ago.

But I will say the Pies by 3 goals.

Second last time I get to do this for the season...

SFL Premier League Grand Final
North Hobart v Glenorchy at North Hobart (Glenorchy by 21)
There is something about this final that has a tinge of a classic contest about it. Not only because it might be the final SFL Premier League decider before we are taken over by the State League, but North Hobart and Glenorchy are clearly a cut above the pack this season.
While the ledger stands at 2-2, both sides are hard to split, even in attack and defence. It's just another one of those games where the midfield will decide the battle.
Glenorchy defending their crown against a North Hobart side that are in form in the second half of the season...fair dinkum it's starting to remind me of the regional final to a degree...
Why Glenorchy will win? Simply their performance last week in the third term to dispose of Clarence would ensure that the Demons take notice of the Pies capabilities.

NTFL Grand Final
Launceston v Burnie at Gilbert Street (Launceston by 17)
Another cracker of a game expected, where the Blues will go in slight favourites against the Burnie Dockers, who might (and I say might) be exposed on the big stage.
While yes, Davis, Archer, Munday and Brown have been on the big stage in previous NTFL Premiership deciders and Plapp has been in many other finals, there are a lot of youngsters that haven't had the big experience. Much will depend on that quintet leading from the front.
Although the Second Semi is the big game, the Grand Final is a different kettle of fish.
Launceston have been there recently, so they know how to go about it. Certainly if the Blues can test the youngsters of Burnie out early and succeed, they'll get the job done.

NTFA Division One Preliminary Final
Longford v Bracknell at Aurora Stadium (Bracknell by 33)
Well now, how much do Longford want to get the prize? While they tested the Saints out all the way, still they lost when it mattered in the final minutes. And the last thing they wanted to come up against was Bracknell, who are yet to fire up in the finals series.
The feeling is that the Redlegs are due for a big one, along with Josh Adams. Only needing 6 goals for the 100 for this season, there'll be nothing better for him to do it against the old enemy.

demons beat the pies twice this year !! demons fit and full strengh and at home ill say north by 35pts !! go demons

Firstly, I reckon if Justin Rainbird hadn't have missed half a season there would have been four centurion goalkickers in the Regional League!

Tough selections down at KGV by the looks of the selected sides but I have a funny feeling (based on nothing whatsoever) that Bowden may be playing games!

Kingpin, you're forgetting Jock's half season stint with Kingston in 1996 where he almost kicked the ton in about 12 games!

Sportstalk, when did Plappy play in an NTFL GF? Would've thought he'd have been tied up at St Kilda/Port Adelaide SANFL/Devils in that time?

Happy to be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back