Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was moaning on here a couple of weeks ago about the changes made by the NTJFA in playing all under 9's and under 11 games in Launceston. As expected it caused some problems for families, mine included, with one son playing in Launceston and one in Deloraine, this was the same for a lot of families. Got an explanation letter from the chairman of the NTJFA and guess who's recommendation it was - AFL Tasmania! One more reason to despise them.
One good thing came out of the day in a stellar performance by the undermanned Deloraine under 9's with youngest son kicking his first ever goal.:)

I was moaning on here a couple of weeks ago about the changes made by the NTJFA in playing all under 9's and under 11 games in Launceston. As expected it caused some problems for families, mine included, with one son playing in Launceston and one in Deloraine, this was the same for a lot of families. Got an explanation letter from the chairman of the NTJFA and guess who's recommendation it was - AFL Tasmania! One more reason to despise them.
One good thing came out of the day in a stellar performance by the undermanned Deloraine under 9's with youngest son kicking his first ever goal.:)

Good on the young fella. :thumbsu: We'll take him down at Channel...

That was an interesting one, do you know why he got sent off in the first place?
I assume he won't be playing this week against us, and i doubt he will play in their 1's side again this year, can't imagine the coach would want that sort of behaviour in his side...

Huonville player had received a free kick just outside 50. Lange ran in and said something to him and he let one rip. Landed right on Langys chin, put him down. Right in front of the umpire, less than 2 meters away. No 50m penalty was given.
He had the jumper off as he crossed the line and got the usual stir from the crowd then he ripped his shorts down and mooned the lot of them.
The crowd erupted.

Did they go on a recruiting spree to the south of the State the Scotch Old Boys, there are a few in that side from the Hobart way now!!

I believe one of the harvey boys from hobart has moved there as well! I had to email a glenorchy mate to ask about that Balmforth character but i'm told he should struggle for senior selection!

I witnessed one of the more remarkable situations I have seen at a footy game on Saturday. At the Scottsdale Crows vs Ringarooma match, about 15mins into the first quarter, Ringarooma player Tim Wheldon, was dragged by the runner after getting carved up by his opponent. As he came towards the bench he took his jumper off, threw it at the bench coaches and told them to @@@@ off!! and he was going home!!!
From then on it was a slanging match between him and the Ringarooma coaches and supporters. At this point, one of the more senior players from Ringarooma chased him around the boundary and it was Box on!!! A few good ones thrown!!! As I said this was 15mins into the first match of the season for Ringarooma. By the way Ringarooma were soundly beaten by the Crows by 25 goals +, a very disappointing effort by the 'rooma, as they have spent a fair bit of $$ in the off season!!!

Puts the fella from Dodges to shame. Would have loved to have seen Lingy rip a few into him as he walked off. Then the moon would have been even funnier.

Wonder if mooning the opposition supporters is the norm up Swansea??

maybe we can't blame the poor fella if he was doing what came naturally to him.

Barge woud have loved the sight of a shiny moonie in front of him while he was eating his savs. Eugh!

Wonder if mooning the opposition supporters is the norm up Swansea??

maybe we can't blame the poor fella if he was doing what came naturally to him.

Barge woud have loved the sight of a hairy rump in front of him while he was eating his savs. Eugh!

I thought it was only Mounties players who exposed themselves in the ODFA Cadoras :eek:

Further to roorat's "moan" on here earlier about a "AFL Tasmania" recommendation, was anybody, most likely Kingpin, listening to his favourite radio sports broadcaster, Peter Newlands on ABC on Saturday morning?

Rob Soward of Launceston rang up (he writes the odd letter to the paper Re: the footy) asking what was now the go as relates to transfer payments for local players. ie If for example Brett Geappen was to get drafted woudl Clarence or the Devils (AFL Tasmania) get the money.

Well, Scott Wade was the special guest and he's gone on and on and on, and eventually said he'd spoken to Roger Viney (SFL President), the NTFL and NTFA Presidents as well on this issue and they had "come to an agreement" on where these payments would now go.

BUT DIDN'T SAY WHAT THEY HAD INDEED AGREED TO?!

Also waxed lyrically about the Sandy Bay Under 17's debacle as well.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think Peter Hodgman prior to leaving AFL Tas gave him lessons in putting the positive spin on things!

As for this Justin Rainbird topic:

Is the umpiring Justin Rainbird the rabbit that used to play with Brighton and briefly OHA?

If so, one of the great w@nkers of our time.

The real Justin Rainbird of New Norfolk fame is ten, make that 20 times the footballer he is.

However, I challenge anyone to tell me, after leaving New Norfolk for the coin of Brighton in 2005 and missing New Norfolk's first senior flag in 23 years, that Rainbird doesn't regret that move!

I witnessed one of the more remarkable situations I have seen at a footy game on Saturday. At the Scottsdale Crows vs Ringarooma match, about 15mins into the first quarter, Ringarooma player Tim Wheldon, was dragged by the runner after getting carved up by his opponent. As he came towards the bench he took his jumper off, threw it at the bench coaches and told them to @@@@ off!! and he was going home!!!
From then on it was a slanging match between him and the Ringarooma coaches and supporters. At this point, one of the more senior players from Ringarooma chased him around the boundary and it was Box on!!! A few good ones thrown!!! As I said this was 15mins into the first match of the season for Ringarooma. By the way Ringarooma were soundly beaten by the Crows by 25 goals +, a very disappointing effort by the 'rooma, as they have spent a fair bit of $$ in the off season!!!

That one reminds me of that incident down at Kingston a few years back when a Kingo reserves player got dragged and as he came off he let rip at the coach, who took his clipboard and told them all where to go and left the ground.
On his way past he told Hobart supporters how much of a scum club Kingston were, and as you can imagine all the Hobart supporters agreed with him and added plenty more adjectives about Kingston for the rest of the day :p

In a colts match at the TCA Ground several years back I saw a Claremont goal umpire rip his white coat off, tell umpires and club officials to get ****ed and stormed off the field at quarter time against Hobart!
Back in those days, all clubs had to provide a goal, field and boundary umpire in the Colts.
Which reminds me of the cheating Sorell goal umpire who, when everyone had left to get food or take a piss at halftime in the Colts match at the TCA, was spotted changing the scoreboard at halftime without informing anyone, all of a sudden Sorell had about 3 extra goals and Hobart had about 1.2 taken off theirs.
Problem was the two timekeepers, and the Hobart goal umpire had the same score as the board prior to it being changed!
Not sure what disciplinary action was taken against him, if any.
But everyone was yelling at him for the rest of the match about being a filthy, cheating cnut!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to roorat's "moan" on here earlier about a "AFL Tasmania" recommendation, was anybody, most likely Kingpin, listening to his favourite radio sports broadcaster, Peter Newlands on ABC on Saturday morning?

Rob Soward of Launceston rang up (he writes the odd letter to the paper Re: the footy) asking what was now the go as relates to transfer payments for local players. ie If for example Brett Geappen was to get drafted woudl Clarence or the Devils (AFL Tasmania) get the money.

Well, Scott Wade was the special guest and he's gone on and on and on, and eventually said he'd spoken to Roger Viney (SFL President), the NTFL and NTFA Presidents as well on this issue and they had "come to an agreement" on where these payments would now go.

If I didn't know any better, I'd think Peter Hodgman prior to leaving AFL Tas gave him lessons in putting the positive spin on things!

Nah mate, I'm never awake that early in the morning :p
And it wouldn't suprise me that they played 'Bullshit Bingo' with regard to where the money goes.
It'd go to AFL Tasmania/Devils I bet ;)

Unless things have changed in the last few weeks AFL Tas. takes the money even if they have played only a handful of games with DEVILS/MARINERS. they forget where these players learn to play football. Pure Greed !

Unless things have changed in the last few weeks AFL Tas. takes the money even if they have played only a handful of games with DEVILS/MARINERS. they forget where these players learn to play football. Pure Greed !
I think they take it even if they haven't played with Devils /Mariners. Prior to this the clubs used to get a set amount on drafting and twice more on reaching a certain number of games. We must remember tho that Wade and co's gravy train costs a lot of money to upkeep.:rolleyes:

doesn't sound like anything's changed

back in my day, Ringarooma were offering all sorts of incentives to poach players from my NTFA div 1 club. Cash, jobs at Auspine, beer, cigarettes, marijuana... you name it, they were promising it.

unfortunately, much like Kingborough, they found out that the players who take that sort of bait aren't the type who are gonna take your club very far.

Barge said:
As for this Justin Rainbird topic:

Is the umpiring Justin Rainbird the rabbit that used to play with Brighton and briefly OHA?

If so, one of the great w@nkers of our time.

The real Justin Rainbird of New Norfolk fame is ten, make that 20 times the footballer he is.

However, I challenge anyone to tell me, after leaving New Norfolk for the coin of Brighton in 2005 and missing New Norfolk's first senior flag in 23 years, that Rainbird doesn't regret that move!

yeah, I think that's the one.

not familiar with him as a player or bloke, but as an umpire he definitely has a feel for the game

and I'd like to take this chance to apologise for the other rubbish that's clogging up the board at the moment. I've no idea who the perpetrators are, nor what their agenda is, but I'm making every effort to keep crap like this off the board, and will continue to do so for as long as necessary

I think they take it even if they haven't played with Devils /Mariners. Prior to this the clubs used to get a set amount on drafting and twice more on reaching a certain number of games. We must remember tho that Wade and co's gravy train costs a lot of money to upkeep.:rolleyes:
I think you're right actually.
I remember Hobart Football Club pocketing the cash for getting Michael Martin drafted in the early 90's (wasn't a huge amount either), and I can remember someone from another club telling me that when a young player from their club who had also been with the Mariners got drafted, the club got nothing out of it.
The money went to either Football Tas (at the time) or the Mariners - bare with me it was a long time ago now, but it definately didn't go to the club that had nurtured him, that I do remember.

Which of the umpires was he Tigerfan? The one that had the run-in with the Claremont fan after the game, or the other?

So hawk lady who do you think you are??? where do you get the audacity to sit on the site line and criticise Rainbird? He is a bloody damn good footballer and deserves every penny he gets for playing!

He would have been silly to even to have contemplated playing second class football for the Central Hawks when he can play in the Premier League a the top level and be noticed.
Get your facts right love and see where he ended up last year after his first successful season back with the Norfolk Eagles. Stop whinging and find something constructive to criticise about ... that's if you really know what your on about.

Never said Rainbird wasnt a good player, if you read it properly i said i hope he does perform as it would make him look like a dumb ass if he didnt. Rainbird may be a good player but i dont feel he is as good as he himself thinks he is. I dont think he is worth the money he told people he would come to the CENTRAL HAWKS for. And dont tell me he wouldnt comtemplate playing second class football in regionla league as i have already heard he got a coaching job lined up in regional next year.So your saying playing in regional no one can be noticed? Dont think anybody has noticed his this year yet he's only kicked 1 goal hasnt he?

anyone heading up to the where ever the maggots train tonight to possible see my mate bodgey run round???

p.s - in response to the SBJFC debacle the only debacle was letting their president take control........man that guy has some major issues........ you know you are not travelling well when Billy Sorell puts down his own beloved Seagulls...............
YOU have to give something in a merger, not take take take..........christ and as for the shitty save the SBJFC signs everywhere well he should be sued for littering........i just get annoyed that at the end of the day it is a junior footy club and they want to take over a premier league club under their rules only!!! i dont support HFC either!! Interested in your thoughts lads?

also what do we think of the umpiring so far this year?

That one reminds me of that incident down at Kingston a few years back when a Kingo reserves player got dragged and as he came off he let rip at the coach, who took his clipboard and told them all where to go and left the ground.
On his way past he told Hobart supporters how much of a scum club Kingston were, and as you can imagine all the Hobart supporters agreed with him and added plenty more adjectives about Kingston for the rest of the day :p

The player was Clint Walker (I believe he is now the 2's match manager), and the coach was the great Ben 'Bolts' Harrison, coach of the premiership winning Blackmans Bay Cricket Club. I wasn't there but heard that it was quite a funny incident.

I dont know if anyone has heard but apparently lindisfarne forward Jarrod Kleeman is not strapping them on for 2007. I was told the other day that he has just bought a house and a dog and will not have time for football with perhaps wedding bells around the corner. Thought this would have been a massive oppurtunity with cassidy now playing at the lions.

Maybe a claremont source like yourself Barge would know a bit more?? .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back