Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't it just some guy who decided to make it. Doubt there was any voting or a committee deciding on who the next statue should be. He might decide to make one of Cam McCarthy next, it means squat to me personally but good on anyone who wants to get all symbolic about it.

Is the statue the most elaborate triigger ever?

Clearly designed to hike up the triggering.

To me its not a statue in the traditional sense. But a piece of art and should have been presented as such.

On another angle, when did liberals/lefties get into statues in the traditional sense? Total victorian era macho rubbish

I wonder if the erection of this statue will lead to other kind of erections? Or was that a tasteless, totally unfunny joke?

Looking into it, its called ‘more than a kick’ and has not got a permanent home yet.

While it is physically like the MCG statues its purpose is different.

Its art, which is meant to provoke discussion, and maybe they were loose with the presentation to excacerbat that no publicity is bad publicity eh?

So. Its Art therefore the worthiness of taylas career compared to others is redundant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking into it, its called ‘more than a kick’ and has not got a permanent home yet.

While it is physically like the MCG statues its purpose is different.

Its art, which is meant to provoke discussion, and maybe they were loose with the presentation to excacerbat that no publicity is bad publicity eh?

So. Its Art therefore the worthiness of taylas career compared to others is redundant

In that I wouldn't have any issue with it. To put it at the G among greats like say Leigh Matthews or Betty Cuthbert respectively just seems a bit cheap to me, but I can't see that happening...then again we all know what the AFL is like nowadays.

Well, it is...
Of course it's not.

It's a symbolic tribute to the cause of women being represented in domestic Australian sport.

And the encouragement the AFLW has provided for 10s of 1000s of girls to pursue a career or hobby that they previously never could.

It's pretty ****ing obvious dude.

Who are you whining to?

Do you think Harris lobbied for it? Do you think she's going to take it home with her?

??

How do you not accept it? It's not like a lolly bag she gets to take home with her.

"Sorry dude, I want you to melt it down. Some losers on BigFooty don't think I'm worthy of having a big hunk of metal sculptured in my likeness. They're ironically offended by it, because they hate when people get offended by petty stuff. So as to not offend them, I refuse to take this 3m statue home with me.

You should do it after someone important that never threatened anyone's status quo and that will inspire future generations of young women to stay in their box."
Do you even read before you start puffing like an ape? If you want to celebrate women in sport and put it on a political agenda use someone that has dedicated their life and achieved something for women to strive for not a statue that's a response to immature tweets from teenagers. This means nothing and bloody laughable people are comparing this to Winmar

Remove this Banner Ad

Tayla Harris just got immortalised with a Bronze Statue....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back