News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part of article though makes no sense:

The Pies are slated to have pick 12 in the draft and are set to receive pick 13 as compensation for the potential loss of Thomas to Carlton.

The article has us down as pick 12 not 10 for the first pick and 13 not 11 for the Thomas compo.

WTF..... :confused:

The Pies are slated to have pick 12 in the draft and are set to receive pick 13 as compensation for the potential loss of Thomas to Carlton.

The article has us down as pick 12 not 10 for the first pick and 13 not 11 for the Thomas compo.

I have a feeling the writer of the article has little idea.

Then again, neither do I.

They may want a player but Martin may make them think twice. The other thing is if we traded any Thomas compo pick to GWS, then that potentially becomes a pick 6 if they finish 5th next year, or pick 5 if they finish 4th etc.

That's good trade.

Would it be asking too much of GWS to do this deal:

Pies give GWS picks 10 and 11

GWS gives Pies pick 9 (Domenic Sheed) and Taylor Adams

In other words they get Daisy compo pick for Adams and we swap/upgrade our first pick with GWS.

Adams is a seriously good footballer. Id be willing to part straight away with either our compo pick or our first pick tbh. But a straight swap would most likely be overs, so maybe a few later pick trades would get it done.

However, GWS have said countless times that they need mature/older players, so maybe Jarryd Blair and a second rounder or something? But do they need more midfielders? who knows. GWS are a hard side to trade with because they have young players absolutely everywhere no one will really know what they need to sure up first. Maybe Harry O? there young backmen dont look that flash

In other words they get Daisy compo pick for Adams and we swap/upgrade our first pick with GWS.
I don't really know how good adams is but this seems pretty bad from our perspective, unless we think the draft is really shallow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heater and pick 11 for Jaksch and Adams and we'd be pretty happy going forward

Hope we keep our first rounders, hopefully they are happy with a player trade, you'd think they'd want a mature body.

I don't really know how good adams is but this seems pretty bad from our perspective, unless we think the draft is really shallow.
Adams is going to be a really good footballer. Apart from trelor id almost have him as their best young midfielder they have drafted.

Adams is going to be a really good footballer. Apart from trelor id almost have him as their best young midfielder they have drafted.
Thanks for this. However I gave you the like mainly because you support spurs.

Journalism is so easy. It's all just deduced dribble.

It is understood the Pies have salary cap room to fit Adams after delisting much-loved veterans Alan Didak, Ben Johnson, Andrew Krakouer and Darren Jolly.

Collingwood, who could lose free agent Dale Thomas, has also spoken with Adams and is intent on landing the clearance machine to help partner superstar ball-winner Scott Pendlebury around the stoppages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back