Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Why? He isn’t a premiership player and hasn’t played 200 games. I suppose he won a Copeland in 2020.

He was VC who left the club most likely because he had to play in a position he didn’t want to play in for the better of the club. A move that was justified with the club winning a premiership.

As I said, job security was there for him. He was best 22 and picked every week. Job security was not going to be an issue as we’ve seen hasn’t for every 30 yr old player on our list.

He made the decision to leave the club who still wanted him.

And I’m disappointed for him not making the Swans team. If they make the GF, I hope he gets selected.
10 years service, a B&F, an All-Australian. Consistently our top finals performer over the course of Buckley’s 2018-2020 tenure. Carried our inside midfield unit for a few years. Did a lot of heavy lifting and particularly in big games. He is a club champ and will certainly be a life member.

I feel sorry for him in some respects. He was our best player in the 2018 GF along with Langdon, and unfortunately missed out on Premiership success that he deserved.

I've always associated him with the Buckley era, and never thought he was a natural fit for the way Fly wanted the team to play, though he was still diligent in his efforts through 2022-23. Adams is a classic "grunt" player which suited Buckley's style at the time.

Going by these latest reports, sounds like Longmire offered him the world and gave him an atlas.

10 years service, a B&F, an All-Australian. Consistently our top finals performer over the course of Buckley’s 2018-2020 tenure. Carried our inside midfield unit for a few years. Did a lot of heavy lifting and particularly in big games. He is a club champ and will certainly be a life member.

well alex waislitz and Heloise Pratt are life members.... I would think there's a few here at BF.

well bill gates stole the original dos operating system from ibm. Is there a trend here? How much footy talent did taylor's parents actually have?
Not actually true.
Gates paid a few hundred US$ to two college student who developed dos because he had no OS.
He stole the mouse directly from Xerox as did Apple and the concept of windows ("Desktop" with Windows full of Folders) directly from Amiga ("Workbench" which featured Cabinets with Drawers). Amiga Workbench 1.3 released in 1987

That in itself did not even make him wealthy as DOS was very barebones and had nothing special about it.

Gates became a billionaire solely because IBM executives signed a document which guaranteed that every IBM computer
had to ship with the Microsoft Operating System in perpetuity. That same guarantee goes for every licensed IBM clone worldwide right up until today.

Windows is not on any computer because of it's superior technology.

Try this out if you want some time wasting fun.

I feel sorry for him in some respects. He was our best player in the 2018 GF along with Langdon, and unfortunately missed out on Premiership success that he deserved.

I've always associated him with the Buckley era, and never thought he was a natural fit for the way Fly wanted the team to play, though he was still diligent in his efforts through 2022-23. Adams is a classic "grunt" player which suited Buckley's style at the time.

Going by these latest reports, sounds like Longmire offered him the world and gave him an atlas.
What a turn of phrase!

Adams gave great service to us and played well in big games
His disposal let him down at times but he was brave hard and relentless on the big stage
His loss probably cost us 2022 prelim

Could easily be argued that his absence helped us win it in 2023 in that case

We won by less than a goal

You can probably add at least a goal or two to Brisbane's tally if he had played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can probably add at least a goal or two to Brisbane's tally if he had played.

Garbage. He was easily best 22 last season. Also our best player in the 2018 grand final. If we won carrying duds like Ginnivan we would have been fine with Adams.

Even more baffling why he breaks a contract and requests a trade. If he was best 22

Because he likes money 💰

Anyways he shouldn’t be mad he’s been dropped. He went to a better team and got the contract he wanted. Not sure what he expected. We would have made the finals if he stayed and the pick we got for him has been a nothingburger so far … so I guess the only real winner here is capitalism.

And some are so thick they liked your post.
LOL Yeah I was quite shocked, amused & bewildered all the same time.

200w.gif

That’s harsh given he has such a good finals record. He is a contested footy player and that’s what finals footy is all about. We would have won by more if he played IMO. Mitchell was best in his role, but Adams would have contributed as well, more than others (Ginni).

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back