Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Should have kept Treloar over Adams

No-brainer but I don’t think it was an option. Treloar was the one who had his money pushed back in his contract so he was on 900k-plus. Unfortunate for him that the favour he did the club came back to bite. If we pushed Tay out we likely would have had to lose another player or two

The context of every individual decision is different. Crisp was told he was going to Collingwood as part of a deal.

Bobby was in and out of the Giants line up before his illness struck and had wanted to get out for at least two years. He was not in the leadership group and playing every week.

How definitely turned his back on Melbourne hoping to get more time as a forward. I'd not blame Melbourne fans for being unhappy when he left.
Bobby was well entrenched in their best 22 before his illness struck.

No-brainer but I don’t think it was an option. Treloar was the one who had his money pushed back in his contract so he was on 900k-plus. Unfortunate for him that the favour he did the club came back to bite. If we pushed Tay out we likely would have had to lose another player or two
900k plus is not the important figure as well only save 600k by getting rid of him. The better question is could we have saved the same by getting rid of Adams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? How many games did he play in the season before he got crook? They certainly weren't fussed about letting him go.
He requested a trade to Essendon. Didn't happen because supposedly they rated him highly enough to be asking for a first round pick.

He played 11.

If they weren’t fussed about him leaving they wouldn’t have held him to his contract the year before when the Bombers and us tried to get him.
So, he wasn't a best 22 player at that stage as someone else suggested. That was what I originally thought to be the case.

Putting myself in Tay's shoes, there's no doubt I'd take job security. Especially given he's in the twilight of his career, can't fault him.

People talk about loyalty, family is at the very top of who I'm loyal to. I'm doing my absolute best to provide for them whilst I can.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back