Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting myself in Tay's shoes, there's no doubt I'd take job security. Especially given he's in the twilight of his career, can't fault him.

People talk about loyalty, family is at the very top of who I'm loyal to. I'm doing my absolute best to provide for them whilst I can.

I agree. He was told he'd play that half-forward role and his assessment was probable: look at the half-forwards I'm competing for a spot with, the ain't good. I'll miss out for sure.

The way it played out, he would have played a central role for us as an inside aide, that I assumed Macrae would have taken or Mitchell might have held on to by the skin of this teeth, had he not been injured.

At this point it looks like as a lose-lose decision, even though I think it was the right one for both club and player. Sometimes you make the right choice and it still doesn't work out (Hello Daniel Wells!)

But, Adams might still play in a premiership. So it may still be a win for him.

Not without a shot of getting back in. (Definitely would've had they got rolled)
Didn't match GWS hardness for the first 3 quarters and a few who were selected around his 21-23 spot had shockers.
Campbell will come into 22. Depends how conservative Longmire is on selection with the rest. Could find a role or be sub yet.

Honestly I feel like if he never got injured and played in the GF last year, more people would be okay with him looking after his best interests.

The narrative would probably be “he’s a champion of the club and a premiership hero, good on him for getting the $$$ from Sydney” instead of what it is now.
He was already in deep discussions with Sydney well before the GF. Not playing in the GF probably cemented the move.

Nuts to think that from a playing perspective he's actually worse off at Sydney than he would have been at Collingwood

The ultimate irony is that he would have been playing the role he wanted to at Collingwood with Mitchell injured all year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mills was hopeless last week against the Giants. Made numerous errors and gave away lazy tackling frees. Now he does a hammy at training?? Convenient for the Swans that they now take away the debate as to whether Mills should keep his place in the side. McInerney was also poor in his first game back and was subbed out early. Maybe Adams has a pathway back into the team.

Mills was hopeless last week against the Giants. Made numerous errors and gave away lazy tackling frees. Now he does a hammy at training?? Convenient for the Swans that they now take away the debate as to whether Mills should keep his place in the side. McInerney was also poor in his first game back and was subbed out early. Maybe Adams has a pathway back into the team.
Do people think that Mills' poor form is related to his disrupted pre-season and long-term injury sustained in the off season?

They'll back MInerney in. He will have had a couple more weeks of prep - admittedly at nothing like the intensity.
It’s a curious dilemma. I don’t think they can beat Hawthorn (who they’ll be playing) without a fit McInerney, but how can you be confident he’ll be right after that QF? It would be giving me mad anxiety as a Swans supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back