Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

The News Ltd swans reporter has insinuated this afternoon that the reason the Robbie Fox inclusion got out early is due to Adams
And said he won’t be any chance of playing again this season as a result

one thing about rupert news reporters....they have integrity...if they make up the story, then it's a fact

Would you take him back for a future third ?
Yes, but I’d push it to a future 4th. I never invested too much into his reasons for leaving, but having recently seen the podcast where he referenced Fly blowing wind I don’t think he’s humble enough to do a Gunston. I do think he has plenty to offer in the same role as 2023 and that he would have played every match this year with us.

Not even an emg is brutal.
Poor guy.
regret GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad we didnt run with him in the GF, type of player that wouldve cost us a flag. Through injury or bad decision making

He cant not back himself in to be better in 2024 , then be dismayed about not having his position. He knew he was on the decline

On top of , he says Fly was just blowing wind up his ass, but then wanted Fly to have the hard conversation. Doesnt make sense. You dont like what the coach says, you approach them. Dont complain about it in the media months later

Fly seems the most upfront coach there is from an outsiders perspective. He didnt get us the flag by telling players one thing and then doing another
Couldn’t have possibly played worse than Ginnivan. Unfair to Taylor IMO. He is a club champion and would have played his role on grand final day.

Couldn’t have possibly played worse than Ginnivan. Unfair to Taylor IMO. He is a club champion and would have played his role on grand final day.
If he got through the game. At almost 30 degrees for most of the match if he goes down at basically any point up to the final 5-10 mins (by then it was all adrenaline) then we’re cooked.

A portion of a quote from a Swans supporter:

I simply can't believe that he would have thrown his toys out the pram over not being selected in the side. It would be completely unreasonable on Adams' part.

I will preface this by saying that I do like Adams and think he has been and can be valuable for us going forward.

But he has:

- Moved to a club with four gun midfielders in it, meaning he'd have to play predominantly forward, where he wasn't overly content at Collingwood.

So, I ask again, why has he moved to a club with a stronger midfield where he has spent just as much time forward as he did playing with us? Being played out of position was his reason for leaving yet as the poster says, he must have known how strong their midfield is and understood the odds of him playing there for long periods were not good. So, he has walked out knowing he was most likely playing the same role at another club.

It seems money was the true motivation. I still find it staggering for a man nearing the end of a well-paid career choosing a few extra grand over the chance to win a flag with the club he has loved so passionately, not to mention playing at the G in front of 70k-80k every second week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back