Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would 2024 really have been his last season at the Pies? I don’t think so. Just have a look at the players playing well past 30 here. It wasn’t as if Adams was not best 22. He would have played at the Pies for another 2-3 yrs IMO.
I dont disagree, probably at least 2025. I guess some people like certainty, 3 years guaranteed at the end of career maybe hard to pass for some.

Im guessing pies just offering one year deals.

I do wish he stayed

Do feel sorry for the poor bugger. Sheed misses in 18 and he potentially is a premiership winning Norm Smith winner. Donuts since

Mmmmm you forgetting the clanger kick to yeo that resulted in yeo kicking a goal. If it wasn’t for that pendles and side would be 3 time premiership players…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That’s all true. But he abandoned the club. Unfortunately, for me, that will always be remembered when I think of him.

Abandoned? Get a hold of yourself - you and all the others bagging out a guy who will be given a life membership at the club.

Anyone taking joy in Tay missing out on a final is a miserable piece of work.

Sad for Adams. Great hard brave player.

With these competitive emotional types when it comes time to leave it generally gets a bit messy. Malthouse was the same, no better servant in my view but things got stinky when his time was up, and some of the blame was his. Silly pot shot at McRae.

Adams isn't owed a midfield spot anywhere, and if he believes he is, then he's very very stupid.

If the rumours are true and he has sooked it up at the Swans I think it's a serious mark against his character. He has plenty of points on the board as a very honest very brave player so he deserves to be remembered honourably as a Pie, but thats a pretty *** thing to do to your team mates. "Match Committee is wrong, I'm better'n Fox PICK ME OR I WONT PLAY AGAIN". Thats selfish and unsportsmanlike.

Bloods culture? Lol.

Abandoned? Get a hold of yourself - you and all the others bagging out a guy who will be given a life membership at the club.

Spot on.

Can somebody remind me exactly what his potshot to McRae was?
The quoyes have been posted ITT a few pages back. "Fly had a baby, and won a flag, but he never got back to me". Also he stated he felt positive feedback about his role was "blowing wind up his arse" or words to that effect.

Minor whingeing, not really coherent. What you'd expect from a pretty passionate guy. Comes across as a bit dumb and maybe disingenuous, but I'm dumber and even less ingenuous so who am I to judge?

Why? He isn’t a premiership player and hasn’t played 200 games. I suppose he won a Copeland in 2020.

He was VC who left the club most likely because he had to play in a position he didn’t want to play in for the better of the club. A move that was justified with the club winning a premiership.

As I said, job security was there for him. He was best 22 and picked every week. Job security was not going to be an issue as we’ve seen hasn’t for every 30 yr old player on our list.

He made the decision to leave the club who still wanted him.

And I’m disappointed for him not making the Swans team. If they make the GF, I hope he gets selected.

Why? He isn’t a premiership player and hasn’t played 200 games. I suppose he won a Copeland in 2020.

He was VC who left the club most likely because he had to play in a position he didn’t want to play in for the better of the club. A move that was justified with the club winning a premiership.

As I said, job security was there for him. He was best 22 and picked every week. Job security was not going to be an issue as we’ve seen hasn’t for every 30 yr old player on our list.

He made the decision to leave the club who still wanted him.

And I’m disappointed for him not making the Swans team. If they make the GF, I hope he gets selected.

10 years.

surely Taylor has not blown up about this at the Swans. One concussion in the prelim to a Swan and he is probably back in for the GF. Weird that he is not emergency though. Maybe he did spit the dummy
I think Cleary’s the next man in hence why he’s supposedly cracked the shits.

Sad for Adams. Great hard brave player.

With these competitive emotional types when it comes time to leave it generally gets a bit messy. Malthouse was the same, no better servant in my view but things got stinky when his time was up, and some of the blame was his. Silly pot shot at McRae.

Adams isn't owed a midfield spot anywhere, and if he believes he is, then he's very very stupid.

If the rumours are true and he has sooked it up at the Swans I think it's a serious mark against his character. He has plenty of points on the board as a very honest very brave player so he deserves to be remembered honourably as a Pie, but thats a pretty *** thing to do to your team mates. "Match Committee is wrong, I'm better'n Fox PICK ME OR I WONT PLAY AGAIN". Thats selfish and unsportsmanlike.

Bloods culture? Lol.

Tay's belief in himself was an incredible asset. He probably wouldn't have made it without an inflated opinion of his ability.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Taylor Adams (Traded to Swans 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back