Remove this Banner Ad

the_buzz

Debutant
Oct 8, 2003
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Now that TBV is gone, any TBVers that read this post under this thread because GB pulled the plug before anyone could say goodbye

Basically there was a heated argument between GoBaggers and 3 or 4 others about future direction of the site. Insults and insinuations flying around. One of the members got banned for insulting GB, a few others left and then 5 or 6 were haveing a go at GB for his treatment of posters. He decided to close the site 6pm today even though he was only dealing with a handful of people. The disappointing thing is he pulled the plug early because a few people were organizing to keep in contact after the site closed. It was an A grade Dummy spit in the end

Posted very often under my real name. Shame people couldnt act like adults because it provided great news on what was happening around the club.

It's probably best to reserve judgement until we actually find out what really happened from both aggrieved parties. It was his site (GoBaggers) anyway, so I guess if he wants to shut it down, he can.

Lajon said:
what a tosser

Carlton Supporters Club is a decent site

And will now be an even bigger and better one. :)
For those who haven't visited CSC recently do yourself a favour and check out the new look. :)

The best thing about CSC (and not trying to sound girly ;) ) is that it has a much friendlier feel about it then TBV did. Everyone there realises that all other members are Carlton supporters and rarely does there appear to be the sniping and bitchiness that happened so regulalry at TBV.

If you want to argue ... well the General AFL Board on big footy seems to be the place to be ;)

Lajon said:
The best thing about CSC (and not trying to sound girly ;) ) is that it has a much friendlier feel about it then TBV did. Everyone there realises that all other members are Carlton supporters and rarely does there appear to be the sniping and bitchiness that happened so regulalry at TBV.

If you want to argue ... well the General AFL Board on big footy seems to be the place to be ;)
I joined TBV about 6 weeks ago and found them to be a very cliquey group and treated newcomers with some aloofness..the CSC site is by far the more friendlier and more welcoming.
the last time i checked out TBV they were fighting and arguing like lunatics.
I don't know who was right or wrong and frankly i don't care.

I heard it was shutting down at 6 so i raced home only to find it closed when i got here around 4.

To close it before everyone could organise contacts and keep in touch reeks of immaturity frankly, like a kid who destroys his own toy truck just so his brother can't play with it.

Best of luck with the csc Sheik, i noticed it's still down so you must be innundated :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

celtic_pride said:
It's probably best to reserve judgement until we actually find out what really happened from both aggrieved parties. It was his site (GoBaggers) anyway, so I guess if he wants to shut it down, he can.
Wow. Big news. I disagree that it was GB's site though because I distinctly remember it being promoted as belonging to the fans regardless of who administered it. That was one of the premises behind people contributing money to the site and for player sponsorship. I was of the opinion it would go on even if administered by someone else. A lot of work for the likes of Headplant, Camelboy, Cazz, Frankie et al to go through to have the rug pulled out from under them.

I'm pretty sure it will be back within days.

I'm going to miss TBV. I've only been posting their for 4 or so months but I never found it cliquey myself and until the very end I didn't really witness any of the bitchiness that one poster claimed to exist. It was a great forum where any and all new Carlton news or information was posted to be discussed and anaylsed, the quality of the posters was extremely high with a bare minimum of the idiots that seems to have overrun bigfooty, and it was active with something new being posted every 10 seconds.

It's sad to see that ego has killed something in almost two weeks that took years to build. :(

The Old Dark Navy's said:
I'm pretty sure it will be back within days.

I'm not so sure ODN.

If it was to return, I reckon it would be a shadow of it's former self though, especially if the same management is running the show. There has been one hell of a fallout and a large number of people have been burnt by the goings-on. I'm not siding with anyone here either, I think there has been fault on all sides actually.

Ignoring site plugs, it is important that the confused wandering TBV'ers know what is occurring. Still plenty of sites out there to post on. Maybe you'll have to do the rounds as posters will likely be diluted.

Shame about the intellectual property that has been lost on TBV though.

Just a bit of an update on the possible goings on at TalkingCarlton. There are a few of us in discussions to try and get something up and running on a permanent, or semi-permanent, server within a week.

At this stage it would be too early to make any promises of what will be happening and what the site will or won't be. Suffice to say the wheels are in motion and I hope to be able to keep you up to date with the latest developments.

It is a great shame that TBV has gone, but I'm not sure it could ever resurface and have the same feel as it once did. I'm only interested in looking forwards and the future will bring what it brings.

Thanks camel

It looks as if the temporary post-TBV site has shat itself, so the sooner we can get something up and running the better IMO. The structure and so on of the new site is unknown at this stage, but let's get a forum for people to discuss the issues at hand and we can concentrate on moving forward.

GO BLUES!!!

It looks as if the temporary post-TBV site has shat itself, so the sooner we can get something up and running the better IMO. The structure and so on of the new site is unknown at this stage, but let's get a forum for people to discuss the issues at hand and we can concentrate on moving forward.

GO BLUES!!!

So it's not just me? Thank god for that.

Any idea what happened? Server overload, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

TBV posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back