TBV posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately I have had to delete some posts with URLs.

If you have a site where TBV users are gathering PM it to me and I will post the links in a special thread or something.

Otherwise spam creeps in. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ok Since Dark Navy is ignoring site plus TBvers can post on my forum for the time being it seems to be doing well for the time being since the other TBV forum has been down since last night mine mite be the better option for now untill we find a solution.

barone said:
Ok Since Dark Navy is ignoring site plus TBvers can post on my forum for the time being it seems to be doing well for the time being since the other TBV forum has been down since last night mine mite be the better option for now untill we find a solution.
Ignoring site plugs while making my point explains it better. The precedent was set by an administrator. Your link has also been removed in the interest of fairness.

Links are generally better accepted when they are posted at the end of threads that contribute to the overall quality of this site, rather than for the express purpose of drawing posters away from this site. Having said that, we recognise that a lot of these posters are in transition at the moment so I am sure something else will be worked out.

Blues_Man said:
Yes but if i remember correctly your a hot single female who had met or went out with one of the TBV posters ...that makes a big difference ;)
That and the fact that Mandy was the unofficial translator for some of the ... err ... less .... articulate Pies fans on other sites. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too many ego's at The Blue View. People such as Synbad tried to kill it with political crap. A shame, but CSC was always a more comfortable place for newcomers and 'newbies'. New people at TBV were treated as nothing until their post count was acceptable.

Enough of a bitch...

That's good feedback chemical. Obviously as a bit of an old skool TBVer I was pretty comfy in the surroundings so a lot of this feedback is pretty beneficial right now while in the process of getting a new forum up and running...

...getting closer! :)

chemical said:
Too many ego's at The Blue View. People such as Synbad tried to kill it with political crap. A shame, but CSC was always a more comfortable place for newcomers and 'newbies'. New people at TBV were treated as nothing until their post count was acceptable.

Enough of a bitch...
If i ever catch up with that Synbad!!!!.....

chemical, that's rubbish. Respect went to those posters who posted logical and decent stuff. A lot of the newcomers posted simplistic crap that took 10 seconds to write.

Respect has to be earned, not expected.

TBV's standards went downhill from about mid-2004 - nothing was done to prevent it and as a result good posters stayed away because their decent posts got caught up in the clutter of crap.

I was one of them (without sounding self-righteous about it).

The moment the stentch of arrogance and disrespect went right up my nose was probably after the draft period last year. It was the who's who of constant bickering and bitching. I had this one view where I believed Carlton needed a certain kind of player, an Indiginous player, and out of nowhere people started flackin' on me. In particular, this one person, MC (Only initials to avoid defamation) described what I wrote to be a joke and I only started this discussion to be funny, "a witless joke, that just...did...not...work" that person said. Even put in those damn 'dot, dot, dots'. And I...was...being...serious. In the end, it made me look like a fool.

After all this, I'd maybe have a look once or twice a week, and only really discussed stuff about David The Teague or in "The Amazing Race Thread".

I feel bad for all those people who really only wanted to talk about Carlton, cared only about Carlton and write things only concerning Carlton. It was a shame that it went down, but it probably ran its course. If they left it going with the state it was in, in 5 years it would be nothing more than a mini-golf website.

BTW, prior to late November, thanks T...B...V.

I'll probably get flogged for this but, TBV got ugly when one high and mighty poster became way to personnal with his abuse towards many posters over a course of about 12 months, well before he turned on Deej, and was not bought inline by the moderators.

I felt for Deej and even though he hurt us by taking TBV offline, I still feel for him because of the respect shown towards him by many. Majority of guys who attacked Deej are now posting on CSC and originally started from there.

Call me paranoid if it makes you feel better, but the writing was on the wall well before this last explosion.

WTF?

I go away for a week and my home away from home is gone?

I loved going to th eBlue View, and hope that all of th eposters from there can turn up somewhere else....

SurreyBlue said:
I'll probably get flogged for this but, TBV got ugly when one high and mighty poster became way to personnal with his abuse towards many posters over a course of about 12 months, well before he turned on Deej, and was not bought inline by the moderators.

I felt for Deej and even though he hurt us by taking TBV offline, I still feel for him because of the respect shown towards him by many. Majority of guys who attacked Deej are now posting on CSC and originally started from there.

Call me paranoid if it makes you feel better, but the writing was on the wall well before this last explosion.

I actually thought the trouble with the site were there were some people that wouldnt get up off their ar$e to be useful...
anyway!!Im not sure ill ever get hung for saying that.
I wouldnt call you paranoid Surrey..just not smart!!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

TBV posters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back