Team for Hawks Game

Remove this Banner Ad

How the **** do Toovey and Lonie get a game ahead of Stanley? Ridiculous!

If we played Stanley, we would have the slowest midfield in history: Pendles, O'Bree, Burns, Stanley (and no R Shaw) would make us like treacle through the middle.

Toovey will be in there to negate a small forward or a pacey mid, areas where we've been very vulnerable. (I'm not a fan of Toovey's, but that'll be the thinking.)

cool nice changes.

johnson deserves to be dropped,
wakelin didnt do too well on roughead last time, even though our mids got smashed which was half the reason.
rhyce injured and wood has to go for fraser i guess, which is unlucky.

lonie im excited to see play again , never been a big fan of toovey but i dont mind seeing him get a game over the likes of johnson who seems to be going nowhere.

goldsack just needs to find that form of last year, fraser hopefully is 100 percent fit again which i doubt it.

all the doubters in this thread dont post here tomorrow night if we manage to get a win , some of the comments are disgraceful

Disgraceful in what sense? People look forward to positive changes to the side, and instead see more of the same. Malthouse has been under the microscope and found wanting by the footy scribes in the Age and Herald Sun during the week. People just expected that he would finally hear the penny drop and make some bold changes which rewarded form players, and he didn't. If Mick didn't constantly select out of form players, they would not cop criticism.

I like Lonie as a player, adds speed to our team and has a booming left foot kick, we really need that. Fraser was always going to be an in, and while Wood is going to be better than Bryan, he is still learning and needs to be given time in the VFL. Toovey can play well at times, and there's hope he can turn it on again. Goldsack is a perfect match for Franklin so that's good.

Not all bad guys! :thumbsu:

Re: Team for Hawks Game - Tank is ON

Take hints from Toovey?

Those good to see McCarthy in the Emergencies

'Though' DTM .. Though...

'Those' are very nice flowers that Tooves and lones gave MM to get a game....

Though I have to feel for Stanners and Dawesy....

See the difference mate?

Not picking just trying to help and it's seriously doing my head in reading every thread you type having those instead of though....:thumbsu:

BTW shocking ins..

GO Pies.

Geez, way too much overreaction in this thread. There's perfectly logical reasons for the selections:

Fraser for Wood - pretty self explanatory i think.
Goldsack for Wakelin - Wakelin doesn't have a matchup and was toweled up last time. Mick has a habit of throwing players in the deepend and I think he wants Goldy to play on Buddy. Not sure what the problem has been with Goldy this year but if it's between the ears then playing on the league's best forward could kick him into gear and bring out Goldy's best. He's the right size matchup as well.
Lonie for Johnson - Probably the only one i'm a little iffy on. We need good kicks to counter the cluster and Johnson can't kick over a bloody tin can, Lonie can. Big occasion for Lonie, arguably playing for his career against a top side and a big friday night occasion. Like Goldsack, i think it can bring out the best in him.
Toovey for Shaw - I'm guessing that toovey's only in due to Shaw's injury. Either way, Racer was our run-with player and now he's gone, Toovey's our next best tagging option. Like most others on here I would love to see Stanners or Isles get a game but I wouldn't want to see them tagging. There would be no use.

I think these changes have shown that MM is truly thinking about the game and has learnt from our previous encounter. A more accurate kick has been brung in for Johnson. He won't leave Mitchell or Hodge free, hence he brings in a tagger to replace our injured tagger. Wakelin didn't have a matchup last time, he's not going to have one this time so he get's ommitted for a more versatile backmen, JA could be thrown back there if worst comes to worst. Wood's lanky frame would be useless against the bigger bodied Hawks rucks, hence he brings in a more experienced ruck.

The main problem I see is that if one of the Hawks rucks rest's up forward we could have our hands full. Buddy - Goldsack, Roughead - Brown, Williams - O' Brien, Campbell/Taylor - Maxwell??.

If we played Stanley, we would have the slowest midfield in history: Pendles, O'Bree, Burns, Stanley (and no R Shaw) would make us like treacle through the middle.

Toovey will be in there to negate a small forward or a pacey mid, areas where we've been very vulnerable. (I'm not a fan of Toovey's, but that'll be the thinking.)

Stanley is in the top 10 at the club for sprints so if anything he will quicken the midfield.

Geez, way too much overreaction in this thread. There's perfectly logical reasons for the selections:

Fraser for Wood - pretty self explanatory i think.

Please Explain because I thought Wood was Stiff not to play.

Only reason I could think becasue there Simmlar Ruckman or Wood is Tiring a Bit

Wood and Brian have both been poor the last couple of weeks, Brian been marginally better IMO. Hawks rucks are big-bodied and that may have got Brian over the line as opposed to Wood. Fraser needs to come back in to the side. In short Wood will be thrown around like a rag doll, we don't want to do to Wood what we did to Fraser.

Yes he is tiring

He also goes through periods of the game when he does nothing, and has been poor the past couple fo weeks can play much better.

Also its going to be a wet and hard night, bryan has the harder body and for the past couple of months has been the better player and provided more to the team.

Now please stop saying bryan will get delisted and we must play wood.

Weather forecast for tommorows game

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDV10450.shtml

Showery periods with local hail and the chance of a thunderstorm. Partly cloudy
with fresh northwest wind shifting gusty west to southwesterly during the
afternoon.

Who does it advantage, could a player like Lonie be advantageous in such conditions with his long kicking skills?

Well I'm glad the "experts" from the Age and Herald Sun are running Collingwood now :p
Apart from buckley at the age, why are any of the football experst.

Voss teh skill but cant construct a sentence after that im left scrathing my head on who is an expert

Not quite sure about the changes, but I am just hoping the boys turn up hungry to win and want it. I am a bit tired of them turning up and looking not interested at all. Think playing lonie and goldsack could be interesting. 1 should be desperate for retaining a spot next year and the other just needs a kick up the arse to get out of lala land and back to reality so hopefully the responsibility of franklin would be it.

Though I have to agree with other posters, that it seems pretty logical to pick the players who are consistently performing week in week out in the vfl. Just isn't much incentive for them if they work their guts out and don't get picked, so im pretty baffled when out of form players are picked. Anyway I am really hoping this is a good game, but expectation isnt very high, with the selections not really helping it either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, regardless of what anyone else has said in this thread I'm happy with the ins!
Hopefully they can all perform to the best of their abilities & do their role. Glad Toovey is getting another game, as to Goldsack. Good to also have Lonie & Fraser back in the team!

Please, if players like Toovey or Lonie etc. play a shit game & we end up loosing, don't take it out on them..... It happens all the time &, in particular, Toovey seems to be just about everyone's scapegoat....:rolleyes::cool::thumbsdown:

I Predict another 60 point thrashing, who ever Toovey plays on gets BOG.

Toovey is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shit, if we don't have a better player in the reserves then we are in trouble.

Well, regardless of what anyone else has said in this thread I'm happy with the ins!
Hopefully they can all perform to the best of their abilities & do their role. Glad Toovey is getting another game, as to Goldsack. Good to also have Lonie & Fraser back in the team!

Please, if players like Toovey or Lonie etc. play a shit game & we end up loosing, don't take it out on them..... It happens all the time &, in particular, Toovey seems to be just about everyone's scapegoat....:rolleyes::cool::thumbsdown:

You certainly are a 'the glass is half full' kinda person aren't you MagpieGirl :D

Wish we all had your unerring enthusiasm and positive outlook.

I can't agree with you this time tho......

But we are all want the same result tho don't we.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

The teams is the team, like it or not, just get down there and support them. I'll be there.

You certainly are a 'the glass is half full' kinda person aren't you MagpieGirl :D

Wish we all had your unerring enthusiasm and positive outlook.

I can't agree with you this time tho......

But we are all want the same result tho don't we.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

When it comes to footy, yes I am.
There's no point being all sad and angry about something I love, and really, something none of us have any control over.
There's gotta be some positivity on this board.

*cue music* "Always look on the bright side of life....." :p:thumbsu:

those "ins" look ridiculous - Toovey?? Awful in the air and turns it over ever 2nd kick. And Goldsack, the dude is just out of form this year. PUt him away, get his knee right for next year.

Mitchell will tear us a new one like he does every time, like Watson did, like that sort of player does every week because noone will compete hard enough at ground level

Scared we'll get smashed because we're not kicking the ball well

Side

Quote: Collingwood
B: Heath Shaw, Nathan Brown, Tyson Goldsack
HB: Martin Clarke, Nick Maxwell, Heritier O’Brien
C: Tarkyn Lockyer, Scott Burns (c), Alan Toovey
HF: Scott Pendlebury, Travis Cloke, Leon Davis
F: Alan Didak, Paul Medhurst, Shane O’Bree
Foll: Josh Fraser, Dane Swan, Dale Thomas
Int: Ryan Lonie, Sharrod Wellingham, Chris Bryan, John Anthony
Emg: Danny Stanley, John McCarthy, Sam Iles

In: Josh Fraser, Tyson Goldsack, Ryan Lonie, Alan Toovey
Out: Ben Johnson, Cameron Wood (omitted)
Rhyce Shaw (injured – back)
Shane Wakelin (rested)

Why the F**k Did they Bring Toovey and Goldasck back in.

The Tank is On

OMG get this man a nappy.
For god 's sake man get a grip on yourself you sound like the old scotsman on Dad's Army....doomed...were doomed. Is this even the official side?
Good to see Lonie do enough to get a run, one out of the box, despite the tidal wave of dissent we will obviously be reading.
Fraser was a certainty.

Go Pies.

MM has lost the plot.

normally i have disagreed with he's changes this year but i have never questioned them because he's the coach of collingwood, he should have more of an idea then supporters.

but seriously i attend about 90% of collingwoods vfl matches and these ins have just stunned me. Iles and Stanley have ripped up the vfl this year. as were lonie has been out for the most of the year but the games he has played have been nowhere near the games that the other two have played.
goldsack has struggled massively in the afl this year and he has been even worse in the vfl.
toovey.toovey.?
expect bryan to ruck ALOT tomorrow night, at last weekends vfl game fraser is obviously struggling in the ruck department.
iles stanley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>goldsack>>>>>>>lonie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>toovey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team for Hawks Game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back