Preview Team vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

How fast is Blair? Could he replace Wellingham (who has been down a bit lately)?
He's not "super quick" but there is no doubt he has been promoted with players like Wellingham, Davis and Ball in mind.

Wellingham has struggled since returning from injury, while Davis is just plain struggling.

Ball will need another rest (at least a week) before the finals, and with O'Bree virtually a senior "right off" Blair may well be next on the midfield "depth chart".

I'm thinking late changes

Not sure why or who but I'm feeling late changes

I think that's just your feminine side coming out Opti :thumbsu:

I'll have to double check if you made Snag's list!

Anyway, i'd be pleased if you're right, cos like lots of others think, we look a little top heavy, and we def. play best when smaller and faster IMO.

I was under the impression that Maxy would be right this week.... He obviously didn't pull up. Surely Jack, Cloke, Brown, Dawes, Jolly, Reid, Presti and H can't all play in the one side can they?

I was under the impression that Maxy would be right this week.... He obviously didn't pull up. Surely Jack, Cloke, Brown, Dawes, Jolly, Reid, Presti and H can't all play in the one side can they?

I can't see why not.

Backline; Reid (CHB), Presti (FB), Harry (HB or Lecras)
Ruck: Jolly
Forward: Jack, Dawes, Cloke
Int: Leeroy

Harry and Reid can play on smalls and talls, and Jack and Leeroy are "versatile" and can play either end.

I think maybe if we had Maxwell in the side also we may be too tall, but I think we are ok this week.

WCE also have 3 "talls" up forward, with Mckinley, Kennedy and Lynch, which forced our hand a little bit also.

Expect Leigh Brown to play down back more, and Jack to play both ends at times.

The WCE regularly play with many talls in the forward line.

Wouldn't surprise to see Kennedy, Lynch & McKinley and the resting ruckman on the odd occasion.

Prest - Lynch
Reid - Kennedy
JA - McKinley
Harry - LeCras

Reid & JA could easily interchange their match ups and we have Goldy or an other mix, to take the resting ruckman.

Not too tall for this game but I'd think Rounds a big chance of a late change.

Bah. I was really looking forward to seeing Cloke and Dawes own the entire forward line against a weak defence.

Bah. I was really looking forward to seeing Cloke and Dawes own the entire forward line against a weak defence.

So we can see what they won't do against Geelong and St.Kilda?

We pretty much know that any 2 of Cloke/Dawes/Anthony have the ability to dominate against weak sides. Unfortunately, it means SFA when we come up against the best 2 sides, and they lay eggs (Dawes excepted as he hasn't yet had the chance).

Dawes is to Kick 10 Goals on Saturday Night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see Rounds get a mention in the emergencies too. I'm not holding my breath that he'll be a late change, although the side does look top-heavy... but it does go some way to dispelling the myth that he's miles away from senior footy, as some would have you believe.

I'll be disappointed if we go 3 forward talls and a resting ruckmen. Would like to see Anthony at CHB and Reid floating, or vice versa. Sure we will probably win regardless but the top sides have proven a different approach is necessary against them and if we go too tall then we will be slaughtered. I don't mind the tall defence against WC as they have few dangerous smalls and they are manageable with what we have but i think we should very much settle our 22 and our structure and going from 2 talls one week to 3 the next upsets the whole dynamic.

Top-heavy is my first response to Jack being included.

Unless the coaches are trying out something new on relatively weak opposition?

Also, Blair and Rounds before Medhurst. Should we be concerned where Medders is at?

How fast is Blair? Could he replace Wellingham (who has been down a bit lately)?

Not too sure I agree with the bolded, even though it seems to be the general consensus. He has gone from a light run with player also there to win the clearances to a tagger in recent weeks. I think he has done quite well. He is having a good season young Shazza.

Look a bit top heavy for mine, and I sincerely hope with so many talls we don't have players leading into that dodgy pocket - I'd hate to see one of the boys roll an ankle or worse on that shitty surface!

I'm happy to see Jack back though :thumbsu:

Yeah put me in the 'looks too tall' camp as well. Will be interesting to see where Jack plays anyway though.

Well we will know at 1pm tommorow which emergencies might come late or not. We should beat this team easily but i remember last year they game to Melbourne and beat the Dogs at the Dome. Last time i was as confident as i am for the game was the Lions game this year. Also really looking forward to Jack playing down the backline it will be great to see if it works and maybe move Harry up the ground.

Not a bad side this week. Should beat West coast comfortably.

Hopefully line up something like this -

B: Alan Toovey, Simon Prestigiacomo, John Anthony
HB: Harry O’Brien, Ben Reid, Heath Shaw
C: Dale Thomas, Dane Swan, Sharrod Wellingham
HF: Steele Sidebottom, Travis Cloke, Dayne Beams
F: Alan Didak, Chris Dawes, Leon Davis

Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Luke Ball
Int: Tyson Goldsack, Ben Johnson, Tarkyn Lockyer, Leigh Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Team vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back