C: Licuria, Burns, Morrison
HF: Didak, T.Cloke, Fraser
F: O’Bree, Tarrant, Caracella
FOLL: C.Cloke, Holland, Lockyer
I/C: Lonie, Rusling, Rowe, Woewodin
EMG: Buckley, Lokan, J.Cloke

IN:Lonie
OUT: Egan (susp)

buckley was never going to play and if someone pulls out he wont play, too big a risk and its only for one match, the season doesnt hinge on this match although important would be waste playing buckley if not fully fit. if he did it again the hammi that would be his career.
lonie back? is it goin to be wet thats my only reason...both lonies have faded dis yr and are battlin to stay on their respective lists come seasons end.

i wouldnt be surprised if bucks did play for a late change all depends coz he didnt lay for willy today so i think he could be a major surprise in this game.
i think its a good move to bring in lonie he gets his chance and i think he might have a day out

Magpies2005 said:
i wouldnt be surprised if bucks did play for a late change all depends coz he didnt lay for willy today so i think he could be a major surprise in this game.
i think its a good move to bring in lonie he gets his chance and i think he might have a day out

Lonie's kicked some cracking goals on the MCG.....out of the side since Adelaide i reckon...9 weeks is a long penance, but, it is only Sat arvo...so he may even be replaced by Bucks ??

Bennycoff said:
buckley was never going to play and if someone pulls out he wont play, too big a risk and its only for one match, the season doesnt hinge on this match although important would be waste playing buckley if not fully fit. if he did it again the hammi that would be his career.
lonie back? is it goin to be wet thats my only reason...both lonies have faded dis yr and are battlin to stay on their respective lists come seasons end.
worst post ever

Magpies2005 said:
He's done well against Melbourne in past years hasn't he? :)

Bennycoff said:

makes you wonder... perhaps the passing of their father has had a profound effect on their footy..

I am sick and tired of Julian Rowe. He isn't tough and doesn't want the ball. Mick always puts him on the wing and week after week he doesn't do anything. Please Mick you have to put lonie on the wing because lonie is exciting and can make speicals things happen!!! Remember lonie's run out of the backline a few years back and that awesome goal against Melbourne. When Lonie is running he is at his best and this will lift the team. GO PIES!!

RuZZa#28 said:
I am sick and tired of Julian Rowe. He isn't tough and doesn't want the ball. Mick always puts him on the wing and week after week he doesn't do anything. Please Mick you have to put lonie on the wing because lonie is exciting and can make speicals things happen!!! Remember lonie's run out of the backline a few years back and that awesome goal against Melbourne. When Lonie is running he is at his best and this will lift the team. GO PIES!!
Julian Rowe is gonna be a gun. Mark my words.

A week or 2 with willy wouldnt do him too much harm, but give the kid some time.
Will be a 200+ gamer.

I agree that Julian Rowe has a future and must be doing something to get a game but i think he is being played out of position right now. He needs quite a few games in willi and needs to get a few best on grounds to cement a spot on our wing. Lonie is wasted.

Rowe is a perfect winger, he finds space briliantly.
He wants the ball and is great in contests and a strong mark, makes some errors though.
I'm a huge fan of Rowe, he is so raw, he can improve on every area of his game so he is an exciting contest.
I'd like to see him in the middle a bit more just to see how he goes in and under because I think in the position and role he plays he doesn't get enough contests as he has shown a fair bit in the contests.
Rowe may not be an angry bastard but he goes in when he has to. Not tough but not soft.

I agree with the idea that Rowe is weak! There was an incident against hawthorn where there were two players laying into Didak on the wing and Rowe was just standing next to them waiting for the ball to be bounced! in my mind that is just soft and there are no excuses for behaviour like that! The kid is soft!

Its good to see lonie in the side again, if Godard has a place in a team like st kilda then i cant see why lonie shoudlnt be playing for us, he needs to grow some balls tho! but like i said if goddard can play for the saints...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid is not soft, in fact he is quite couragous for his weight. You are a moron.
I saw that incident and thought why wasn't he getting into them but it was obvious that he was trying to get an easy possesion and in the end if he got an uncontested possesion Hawthorn would of looked stupid.
Rowe was looking to punish his oponent who was more interested in having a go at didak but it didnt end up that way.
To judge a player over the one incident is stupid. You are no better than people who said Cole and Shaw were soft after those few efforts in the 03 grand final.

Firstly i am not one that has ever said that cole or shaw are soft. secodnly, are u blind or just ignorant?! I was just using that as an example, (and teh thought did cross my mind that he was going for the ball whilst his opponent was on didak. But if your going to leave a mate with two other players you better be making more than a half arsed effort for the ball).the kid dances around packs, very rarily will u see him at the bottom of the pack with ball in his hands like lica and co. he looks like he is chasing his own tale half the time! you wont see maxwel doing any of that! The kid has an attidude problem which is why he was dropped at the end of last year! Despite all this i am not saying that Rowe hasnt got skill or wont be a good player but hopefully with time he will show abit more effort!

Ryan Lonie deserves another crack, and hopefully this time he is back for good playing great footy for us. Nathan Buckley is still very much a huge loss, but I think it's better having a player who can play a good 3 quarters rather then having a player that has come back from a major injury who can probably play one good half of footy.

ok whatever you say balmey21 good on ya mate thought i could express my opinions....obviously not....its the truth so stuff ya.

i hope ryan lonie goes well, same as nathan lonie because both these boys can play. yeah since their dad suddenly passed away theyeve struggled but hopefully they will perform again.

RuZZa#28 said:

Sounds similair to the Eagles Brent Staker...half of the fans wanted him dropped and half were like no keep in him hes going to be good have faith in Woosha...... and surely enough the last 3 weeks he has bene playing some great footy and has repayed Woosha for keeping him in the team

"I don't need yo' civil war..."

Very different players, Rowe and Lonie. Lonie is perhaps the better of the two in a one-one-one situation. Rowey's disposal by foot has been horrendous the last few weeks, and perhaps he does need to head back to the maggoos for a couple weeks to get some form. Mid-season break is the perfect time in fact.

Lonie's run from defence will be handy without Johnno, and he does have a pretty good record against Melbourne... 3 bounces through the middle of the 'G in '03 anyone???

Who cares who is in the team, as long as we win, right? Well, right?

peterss said:
Sounds similair to the Eagles Brent Staker...half of the fans wanted him dropped and half were like no keep in him hes going to be good have faith in Woosha...... and surely enough the last 3 weeks he has bene playing some great footy and has repayed Woosha for keeping him in the team
Somehow I got involved in that debate and I said give Staker some time he is a big fella and I got flamed by the people who thought Staker was a disgrace. :eek:
Rowe is a bit different, most Collingwood supporters rate him it's just a few who don't see his potential.
Calling him weak is pathetic. He is 10 times as good as Lonie is at one on one contests and other contests for that matter, but that's not saying much. Lonie has some major guns, size, skill, pace. But his size doesn't mean much when he is as weak at contests. Sure he might occasionly come out of contest looking a million dollars, but usually he ends up looking like half a dollar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams finalised. In: Abba Out: Ego. Bucks an emergency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back