Society & Culture Terrible baby names

Remove this Banner Ad

I drank with a bloke called Geoff Perrins known to all as Fluffy Geoff who was a bit of a dickhead. When his first daughter was born he wanted to call her Leeane until his missus pointed out Lea and Perrins make Worcester Sauce and they'd be condemning the poor girl to a life time of teasing.

Today in Weekend, the Herald Sun liftout, there are two articles written by a journalist named Alesha Capone. Surely her parents were aware of the possibility that their daughter might one day ponder shortening her first name to Al. Or that as she was growing up, other people would point out the resemblance of her name to a certain gangster. I wonder whether Alesha has a sister named Allison, or maybe brothers named Alistair and Alvin?

Today in Weekend, the Herald Sun liftout, there are two articles written by a journalist named Alesha Capone. Surely her parents were aware of the possibility that their daughter might one day ponder shortening her first name to Al. Or that as she was growing up, other people would point out the resemblance of her name to a certain gangster. I wonder whether Alesha has a sister named Allison, or maybe brothers named Alistair and Alvin?

Is Cyclone Wehner still about?

Nui Te Koha likewise?

Is Cyclone Wehner still about?

Nui Te Koha likewise?

I'm not sure that I have seen Nui Te's name in the paper recently. He used to do regular music columns. I have never heard of Cyclone. Would it be correct to guess Cyclone is a male? As a Christian name it sounds a bit more masculine than feminine.

Has anybody personally encountered someone with rhyming names? The secretary of the Bridgewater Cemetery Trust in central Victoria is named Bryan Ryan.

bryan.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Society & Culture Terrible baby names