Club Legend
Suspended
Feb 27, 2007
At Khan's place
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Not Fremantle
It is a brand new concept in AFL called FORWARD PRESSURE!!

Most side have cottoned on and got at least one, if not more electric quick(usually indigenous) forwards who can run down the oppositions players.

WE need to find players who can put pressure on in our forward line and not coast around( refer Morton!!) hoping to snap the miracle goal from the boundary after playing on from a juggled mark( never one grab for morto!!).

Who will put our pressure on Terry???

Ps there is also another concept called tackling!!

Agree. You just have to look at North's pair of Thomas and Campbell. Both kicked 35 goals last year i think and both came at bargain basement prices. Why we haven't invested in similar style players over the years is beyond me.

Nahas does look like he is going to give it a crack but i'm not sure if he is as dynamic as some of the indigenous kids. Hope he makes it though. Alroy Giligan looks like he can tackle and play but at this stage lacks some confidence to take the game on.

Agree. You just have to look at North's pair of Thomas and Campbell. Both kicked 35 goals last year i think and both came at bargain basement prices. Why we haven't invested in similar style players over the years is beyond me.

Nahas does look like he is going to give it a crack but i'm not sure if he is as dynamic as some of the indigenous kids. Hope he makes it though. Alroy Giligan looks like he can tackle and play but at this stage lacks some confidence to take the game on.

sometimes all that needs, is to put him on the big stage. But knowing the way our brains trust works, they have drummed into the players to take risks at all costs, etc etc, more often than not, costing players confidence, but when it comes to the brains trust taking risks and putting their supposedly expert eye and know how to the test, they shit themselves, i.e.all they do is protect their jobs by going for the conservative and hiding behind the 5 year plan talk.
The proof was last year when they introduced youngsters, we went from shit to ****ing hell where has this been, and when the youngsters through lack of experience cost us a couple of wins, allbeit against top sides, they again went into their protective shell and went back to the "experience" and guess what? we went back to shit. WHen they woke up it was to late. ;)

obviously you didn't go and watch the game in Shep?. Nahas did some fantastic run downs. Aaron Davey style. I think you need to realise the style of play the tigers play does not allow these types of players to have such an impact, beacuse your fowards are forced to play up the field due to this so called ''rolling zone''. Pagan's paddock sound familiar?

obviously you didn't go and watch the game in Shep?. Nahas did some fantastic run downs. Aaron Davey style. I think you need to realise the style of play the tigers play does not allow these types of players to have such an impact, beacuse your fowards are forced to play up the field due to this so called ''rolling zone''. Pagan's paddock sound familiar?

Gee thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise we played like that until you told me!!

Nahas is a roookie for starters and most clubs play their forwards up the ground but still have the electric run down player.
We don't.

No doubt they are all wrong and we are right, as is evidenced by our finals appearances over recent years,

Gee thanks for the heads up. I didn't realise we played like that until you told me!!

Nahas is a roookie for starters and most clubs play their forwards up the ground but still have the electric run down player.
We don't.

No doubt they are all wrong and we are right, as is evidenced by our finals appearances over recent years,

Didn’t you read my op properly? He ran down players from behind. That's what you’re alluding to that you don't have!!!

Well if you knew your style of play you would understand why your forwards can't apply the forward pressure you so crave.

I think you have to understand how the game's played instead of watching the game with the intellect of a Neanderthal

I think Nahas is a bit to small
We need to invest one draft pick this year on a small forward who can do special thinjgs and do the hard yards.
I might suggest Charlie Sharples heres a vid of him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrT8zu7Y0hQ
but some have said he can be a bit lazy but he could turn out good
But Gilligan might be able to get some confidence and do things.

Didn’t you read my op properly? He ran down players from behind. That's what you’re alluding to that you don't have!!!

Well if you knew your style of play you would understand why your forwards can't apply the forward pressure you so crave.

I think you have to understand how the game's played instead of watching the game with the intellect of a Neanderthal

Interesting that Mr Football expert ignored my point about nahas being a rookie. Therefore,at best, he can provide only a temporary solution. Get it einstein?

So let me get this right, with our style of play we wil never have a forward stoppage, a scrimmage near the goalsquare or a kick in,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that Mr Football expert ignored my point about nahas being a rookie. Therefore,at best, he can provide only a temporary solution. Get it einstein?

So let me get this right, with our style of play we wil never have a forward stoppage, a scrimmage near the goalsquare or a kick in,

Yes Nahas is a rookie, but that doesn't make him temporary. It may make him play less this year but he's basically on trial to get on the senior list as a crumbing forward capable of applying a lot of ddefensive pressure - if he can do the job then he'll be permanent.

I'm happy with that concept, though you seem to prefer we just draft a whole heap of small Indigenous guys and let 'em loose in the forward line.

You're right Snag, we need this type of player, and hey whadyaknow!?! - we recruited one!

And Snag, everybody knows that the bird is the word.

Aaaaa - oo mow mow mow mow, oo mow mow mow.

im not sure he's any good MT, the worry is the club rates him, said the same thing of Jon 12 mths ago too, now they're saying it about Gus...sometimes I question the judgement down at punt Rd:confused:

Well when you have one of the best small forwards to have played the game in Craig McRae as your development coach, I would think he would know a thing or 2 about who is capable of making it as a small forward in the AFL.Wouldn't you agree?.

Plus you can't assume that every player you draft is going to make it either. So cut them some slack.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

So many Tiger fans want us to be replica's of other teams...:eek:

im not sure he's any good MT, the worry is the club rates him, said the same thing of Jon 12 mths ago too, now they're saying it about Gus...sometimes I question the judgement down at punt Rd:confused:

The same judgement that has seen us stick with Moore, Foley etc?

FWIW, I don't rate Nahas and by 2011, he will be gone. I am not a fan of the small indigenous forwards, they play for a few seasons until its time for them to step up into the midfield, but they can't. There are a few exceptions, one is/will be Rioli.

Look at Andy Krakouer, Sampi etc.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

So many Tiger fans want us to be replica's of other teams...:eek:

The same judgement that has seen us stick with Moore, Foley etc?

FWIW, I don't rate Nahas and by 2011, he will be gone. I am not a fan of the small indigenous forwards, they play for a few seasons until its time for them to step up into the midfield, but they can't. There are a few exceptions, one is/will be Rioli.

Look at Andy Krakouer, Sampi etc.

Leon Davis ring a bell??

What a good idea. We will go in wihtout anyone wiht speed who chases in the froward line, just because we don't want to be like other teams

It is a brand new concept in AFL called FORWARD PRESSURE!!

Most side have cottoned on and got at least one, if not more electric quick(usually indigenous) forwards who can run down the oppositions players.

WE need to find players who can put pressure on in our forward line and not coast around( refer Morton!!) hoping to snap the miracle goal from the boundary after playing on from a juggled mark( never one grab for morto!!).

Who will put our pressure on Terry???

Ps there is also another concept called tackling!!

Got to agree with you Sausage...
Sitting on the boundary near one end of the ground during the Nab game V Collingwood, I also noticed how easily the ball came out of our forward line.

We can't expect Nahas, when he gets on the main list to chase down other team-mates opposing players. The poor bloke will go insane! Nahas will end up like a demented cattle dog.
Morton and Jack and Browny, all have high gears for the attack, but run like blind nuns stuck in honey when they have to keep the ball in.

Terry's got so many problems on his plate this year.
Thanks for pointing out another Sausage.
;)

Terry has already had 4 years to instill this.
This isn't a development or player experience issue.

This is a coach's regime problem.
This should have been nailed the first month Terry walked in.
This should have been a 'commandment' set in stone.

Instead, other clubs know that if Richmond spill the ball in the forwardline, they just grab it, switch hard and away they go. While the Richmond forwards stand there, thinking their job is done. That's schoolboy BS.

Good point Sausage :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry, have you heard?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back