Terry tribute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2004
Whitten oval
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
I know Terry Wallace has had a huge couple of months where he has been absolutly drilled for most of it, now he has given up his spot i found a video that i want you to see to bring the memorys back of how good Terry actually was as a coach in his prime at the doggies. Round 21 2000 Essendon Bombers red hot favourites came up against the underdog WesternBulldogs. Terry had the boys pumping full of Determination and Courage to get over the line. Watching this video makes me wish we still had a Chris Grant or Scott Wynd very bad.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I have always wondered why Terry and the club obtained so many wraps for that win.

For the record, that was in round 21.

Here are our next games.

Round 22 :we kicked 9.12.66 to Hawthorn 11.15.81

Elimination final: we kicked 10.16.76 to Brisbane 15.20.110

and that was our season.

So while we fluked a win against Essendon with the uber flood, it didn't do us a great deal of good in the bigger picture.

Agree with you about Chris Grant that game. He was sensational. He was basically playing CHF and CHB at the same time, thats how good he was.

I know Terry Wallace has had a huge couple of months where he has been absolutly drilled for most of it, now he has given up his spot i found a video that i want you to see to bring the memorys back of how good Terry actually was as a coach in his prime at the doggies. Round 21 2000 Essendon Bombers red hot favourites came up against the underdog WesternBulldogs. Terry had the boys pumping full of Determination and Courage to get over the line. Watching this video makes me wish we still had a Chris Grant or Scott Wynd very bad.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Goosebumps

I have always wondered why Terry and the club obtained so many wraps for that win.

For the record, that was in round 21.

Here are our next games.

Round 22 :we kicked 9.12.66 to Hawthorn 11.15.81

Elimination final: we kicked 10.16.76 to Brisbane 15.20.110

and that was our season.

So while we fluked a win against Essendon with the uber flood, it didn't do us a great deal of good in the bigger picture.

Agree with you about Chris Grant that game. He was sensational. He was basically playing CHF and CHB at the same time, thats how good he was.

Yeah I wonder too...:rolleyes: You can look at the following weeks and ask whether the the effort against Essendon mean't anything. I prefer to look at that game as one of the most memorable in the last few decades, where we came up against an unbeatable side, introduced a gameplan out of left field and with a special Chris Grant moment, came away with an improbable victory.

One for the ages. Still gives me goosebumps.

One of my happiest memories of the footy. We were sitting near a group of mainly Essendon supporters who had a 'token' Bulldogs supporter mate with them. At the start of the match they were busy giving him crap about how much the Bombers were going to pump us by. By half time, he was absolutely hyper, jumping around, screaming about how 'the wheels had fallen off for the Bombers, waving his flag, yelling abuse at Essendon players, umpires, his mates etc. I thought he (and I) was going to keel over when Johnno was cleaned up - and I reckon his Bomber mates were wishing they hadn't let him come along to the footy with them. The last few minutes and subsequent win was outstanding. Memories of that match, along with the finals flogging of Collingwood, that great comeback in the home and away season against Adelaide at the MCG and a couple of unlikely wins at Kardinia Park will have to do until we win our long overdue G.F. (this year would do nicely). Wynd and Grant must go near the top of the list of players who most deserved to play in a G.F. and never will.

One of my happiest memories of the footy. We were sitting near a group of mainly Essendon supporters who had a 'token' Bulldogs supporter mate with them. At the start of the match they were busy giving him crap about how much the Bombers were going to pump us by. By half time, he was absolutely hyper, jumping around, screaming about how 'the wheels had fallen off for the Bombers, waving his flag, yelling abuse at Essendon players, umpires, his mates etc. I thought he (and I) was going to keel over when Johnno was cleaned up - and I reckon his Bomber mates were wishing they hadn't let him come along to the footy with them. The last few minutes and subsequent win was outstanding. Memories of that match, along with the finals flogging of Collingwood, that great comeback in the home and away season against Adelaide at the MCG and a couple of unlikely wins at Kardinia Park will have to do until we win our long overdue G.F. (this year would do nicely). Wynd and Grant must go near the top of the list of players who most deserved to play in a G.F. and never will.

Well said mate id love to see the doggies get up in the next couple of seasons just for those blokes to see. I think Rohan Smith and Scott West where also blokes along with Grant and Wynd that really deserved the big one and never got it, its a shame to see blokes like that miss out. But thats footy i suppose.

Just think what todays team would be like with a decent ruckman like Wynd, Grant in the forward line taking contested marks and tough take no crap backmen like Kritter, Southern and Croft, and throw in Billy for that excitement and arrogance.:cool:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/feMysq8osDU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Watch at around 2:15 into the clip...Our trainer squirts the fatty in the suit with a water bottle.....hahahahhaha

Watch at around 2:15 into the clip...Our trainer squirts the fatty in the suit with a water bottle.....hahahahhaha

I met "the fatty in the suit" at Moonee Valley races a couple of months later.
He is/was a huge Dogs supporter, and IIRC a coterie member at the time.
He said he hated Essendon, "always had, always will". Was still giving it to his Bomber mates then, and for all I know possibly still is.

What a huge night it was!!

I met "the fatty in the suit" at Moonee Valley races a couple of months later.
He is/was a huge Dogs supporter, and IIRC a coterie member at the time.
He said he hated Essendon, "always had, always will". Was still giving it to his Bomber mates then, and for all I know possibly still is.

What a huge night it was!!

The guy in the suit has been going to doggies games now since he was a kid in the late 70's, early 80's, even to training of a Thursday night to laugh at Royce Hart attempting to coach a football team, one of the most passionate doggies supporters you'll ever find. He joined the social club with a group of us from Maribyrnong High and is still a member. And as you said hates Essendon with a passion as do most doggies supporters.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So while we fluked a win against Essendon with the uber flood,

yup...and his other great triumph was the Tigers v. Crows uber flood...

...did him, his club (at the time), our club...infinate good, did it not? :rolleyes:

One trick pony...who pulled one trick twice in 10 years.

Genius...

(Please don't let any media outlet pick him up next year...aren't we all (non-Dogs inc.!) sick of his whiney, moaning, excuse laden ****ing voice??)

Hey Terry, good luck dwelling on, well, lots!! :)

I despise Essendon. Their fans are all pricks, every single one of them. From the newborn babies to the old bags who doll up for the footy. Seeing them shattered that night as the perfect season slipped away and giving us a shot at the finals was one of the great Bulldog moments. They got enough enjoyment out of the year.

Wallet tried the super flood against Hawthorn again and we got belted, it was too taxing IMO. It was a great tactic out of left field in that do or die atmosphere but it was also the start of the end for hiim at the Dogs IMO. He turned into a purely game day coach always looking for that one trick rather than giving us some good development and well rounded gameplan.

yup...and his other great triumph was the Tigers v. Crows uber flood...

...did him, his club (at the time), our club...infinate good, did it not? :rolleyes:

One trick pony...who pulled one trick twice in 10 years.

Genius...

(Please don't let any media outlet pick him up next year...aren't we all (non-Dogs inc.!) sick of his whiney, moaning, excuse laden ****ing voice??)

Hey Terry, good luck dwelling on, well, lots!! :)

very well said:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry tribute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back