Test Tests- GRAND FINAL: Victoria v West Coast Warriors @ Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad luck Warriors and well done the Vics.

Everyone played a part at sometime through the year but Zeke deserves a special mention.

How sweet has this year been, I've played in some great premiership sides but this one is up there with the best sides ever, 8 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses, peaked our season to perfection.

Great job by Fred, led us well and recruited well bringing in a couple of proven performers to add to an experienced squad.

No reason why we shouldn't give it a red hot crack next year, this is my 5th premiership but I reckon we can all add another 2 or 3 playing in this side.

Warriors gave it a good go making 2 GF's in a row but they were never good enough to go back to back, not against us this year.

Great to see Boncer have a good match, I know that I wasn't the only one that was worried that he might embarrass himself out there.He's a premiership player now, and nobody can take that away from him.

Ah damn, just weren't good enough when we needed to be. Lacked the runs in the first innings, we probably needed at least 400 in the first dig and fell short. We bowled well to them I though except for Zeke who played like a total freak. After that we were playing catch up although we fought hard which was good to see.

All in all a pretty good effort to make the finals in both forms after an up-and-down season. Hopefully we learn from this and take the next step in the next season.

Go Warriors!! :thumbsu:

I hate to say this because your head is big enough to explode as it is. Dipper, you stood up when it counted. Hats off to you from a mere mortal of the bowling fraternity.

I had you down as muppet, a puppet, a follower, a sook, a narcissistic and delusional child, a whinging pom (that will remain), and basically one who enjoyed success on the coat tails of others, but now I must concede that you are a legend.

I therefore piss on your feet as a sign of grace.

You now have my vote as the greatest there is or will be. That you have failed in the short form of the game does not detract from this great honour.

Well done son.

PS. Zeke had a good year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate to say this because your head is big enough to explode as it is. Dipper, you stood up when it counted. Hats off to you from a mere mortal of the bowling fraternity.

I had you down as muppet, a puppet, a follower, a sook, a narcissistic and delusional child, a whinging pom (that will remain), and basically one who enjoyed success on the coat tails of others, but now I must concede that you are a legend.

You now have my vote as the greatest there is or will be. That you have failed in the short form of the game does not detract from this great honour.

Well done son.

PS. Zeke had a good year as well.
This x2.

There are few things surer than Dipper's side taking out the tests and failing in the one dayers.

We'd better drop him from the short game so we can get back to winning that too.

Well done son.

I wouldn't completely reappraise your opinion Skip, I still remain a lot of those things that you previously thought.

But I never bellieved that my legend status was in any doubt, Test premierships just seem to follow me about, now whether that's due to piggybacking on the form of champion teammates or whether I make any difference I couldn't tell you, but when I'm running around with 5 Test premierships out of the 10 that have been played whilst the next best is a handful of blokes with 2 then I know that I've had a pretty decent career.
I'll probably retire when I've overtaken Michael Tuck.

As for pissing on my feet, I wish you hadn't because now Boncer is going to have to clean them.

I wouldn't completely reappraise your opinion Skip, I still remain a lot of those things that you previously thought.

But I never bellieved that my legend status was in any doubt, Test premierships just seem to follow me about, now whether that's due to piggybacking on the form of champion teammates or whether I make any difference I couldn't tell you, but when I'm running around with 5 Test premierships out of the 10 that have been played whilst the next best is a handful of blokes with 2 then I know that I've had a pretty decent career.
I'll probably retire when I've overtaken Michael Tuck.

I'm a very hard task master. I don't throw around legend status easily. Obviously you already were but now it is confirmed to me.

As for pissing on my feet, I wish you hadn't because now Boncer is going to have to clean them.

You always seem to find someone to be your whipping boy. :D

You always seem to find someone to be your whipping boy. :D

Yes well, that's where we all miss Frodo.

I know Boncer enjoys the role, for the first time ever he has some level of recognition conferred upon him, which is more than could ever have been expected of such an utterly unremarkable fellow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test Tests- GRAND FINAL: Victoria v West Coast Warriors @ Junction Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back