Texas Fertiliser plant explosion

Remove this Banner Ad

And once again we will get widespread, rolling coverage of this event, simply because it is in America and therefore the world's media becomes fascinated. This, after suicide bombers killed dozens of people in Iraq and Somalia in the past few days, yet it is barely mentioned.

Yeah it seems like there is alot of panic in the U.S especially after this and Boston, but much worse events happen in the Middle East alot more often. It's just hysteria.

Also she is begging her Dad to get out of there, because her ears were hurting. Guess he cared more about the money he would make from the video, than his child's welfare. :mad:
Or maybe he couldn't hear her...
Or maybe he was disorientated...
Or maybe he was panicking...

How the **** would you know? It's not like his video of the blast continued from that point.

Or maybe he couldn't hear her...
Or maybe he was disorientated...
Or maybe he was panicking...

How the **** would you know? It's not like his video of the blast continued from that point.

Why was he stopped there recording in the first place, it was obviously a dangerous place to be, especially with a child in the car.

Also she is begging her Dad to get out of there, because her ears were hurting. Guess he cared more about the money he would make from the video, than his child's welfare. :mad:

Does it get tiring being so righteous all the time?

The video didn't go for much longer than that, anyway. It's pretty stupid to suggest he was neglecting his kids welfare based on that vid but mantis gonna mantis.

Anyway:

xDi97JN.jpg

Those apartments now:

IikK6NC.png

60-70 dead reported by most places and 200+ in hospital with 30+ critical.

Death count will be well over 100 when all is said and done.

Pretty messed up couple of days..

and here are the apartments before the explosion

mtnBU7W.png

Pretty stupid of the guy in the car to get that close to it, especially with his son.

If he knew it was a fertiliser plant then it was madness to get that close.He should done a u-turn and got as far away as he could.

BTW why is a school and nursing homes built so close to a fertiliser plant ?
Houses I get as you see them near oil refinerys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he knew it was a fertiliser plant then it was madness to get that close.He should done a u-turn and got as far away as he could.

BTW why is a school and nursing homes built so close to a fertiliser plant ?
Houses I get as you see them near oil refinerys.
It's a bit of conflicting messages. One wouldn't think they'd build those places within blast radius so it's possible even if the bloke did know it was a fertiliser plant, it's fair to assume he wasn't within a potentially affected area. Even still, he copped the shock wave and noise but it doesn't appear they were within a damage zone.

I just don't get why you'd film in that situation. People screaming for water and help and he's just walking around filming everything.
Probably just the same thing that makes people watch the videos. Y'know, watching something between your fingers.

Last year, a house basically exploded where I grew up. My friends and parents heard it from a one or two kilometre radius. A family who'd just moved from Africa had left the gas on and the whole thing just went. So I can only imagine the sound something like this would make. Huge. Too huge to make a sound if you're close enough.

1) If she is complaining about not being able to hear, most likely HE could not hear her complaining either! They would both have serious ear damage,

2) Look at it this way, there is houses, schools, and nursing homes closer to the plant than his car. You would think you would be safe from that distance

Yes, disgraceful that he wasn't already on the freeway within 3-4 seconds of the explosion.

Probably just the same thing that makes people watch the videos. Y'know, watching something between your fingers.

Last year, a house basically exploded where I grew up. My friends and parents heard it from a one or two kilometre radius. A family who'd just moved from Africa had left the gas on and the whole thing just went. So I can only imagine the sound something like this would make. Huge. Too huge to make a sound if you're close enough.
Yeah, I can understand the guy in the car filming it as he's a fair distance away from the fire. But surely when there's people screaming that they can't find loved ones and others in need of water and help you'd be able to put your phone down and try and help? A small video to show the damage could suffice, and if he only filmed until they got out of they car I'd have no issue of it.

I just don't get why you'd film in that situation. People screaming for water and help and he's just walking around filming everything.
Reminds me EXACTLY of this episode of Black Mirror I watched the other day

Seriously everyone should do themselves a favour and watch that show

And once again we will get widespread, rolling coverage of this event, simply because it is in America and therefore the world's media becomes fascinated. This, after suicide bombers killed dozens of people in Iraq and Somalia in the past few days, yet it is barely mentioned.
To steal a quote from The Wire... 'They're dead where it doesn't count.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Texas Fertiliser plant explosion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back