thanks Brando

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers legend, sounds like he really had a big part in our revival, as he was one of the first to really bare his soul when the team-bonding sessions began in 2017.

Will never forget his clash with Dangerfield in the 2017 QF, really showed what we were made of.
I knew we would win when 5-6 teammates ran over to Brando and got around him and a total of 0 Geesooks got over to Danger.

Excellent achievement for a West Coburg boy and his background. The beauty of our game is you don't have to be a wealthy Private School Boy to be successful. Anyone that can play in one Premiership side let alone two is always going to be a Tiger legend and he will always be remembered for his hard gut running and big motor. He wasn't my favourites, but was still a very solid footballer and you don't get to 251games by not being above average.

2016 was a disaster year for the RFC, and Dimma barely survived. Dimma knew something had to change in the mindset of the players and coaches, and this is when he introduced the triple H talks.

IIRC Brando was the first in the club to speak. I think a lot rested on how he approached it… was this something to be taken seriously or just something to bullshit through and tick the boxes?

Thankfully Brando took it seriously. He told of growing up in housing commission flats and of how ill his father had been. This set the tone and IMHO probably went a long way towards the rest of the playing group exposing their vulnerabilities. What came from it was the bond between the players, without which I doubt us fans would have seen a dynastic era.

So thank-you Brandon. Go well.

Edit:

Last edited:
Well Done Brandon Ellis....he certainly got the best out of his ability and seems a fine young man ....congrats on a fine career 2 x premiership player 250 odd games ....well played Tiger !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew we would win when 5-6 teammates ran over to Brando and got around him and a total of 0 Geesooks got over to Danger.

This. You don’t have to be a gun all of the time but sometimes moments can change the whole momentum. Give him credit, when it was his time to do it he did it and look what happened.

Super consistent during his time at the tiges. Could always count on him getting 25-35 possies every week along the wing. B+ grade star.

Well done Brando.
Still have my Premiership Uncle Jack watch haha

Thread title reminds me we only got to see the Marlion-Brando combination for one single match, but it was a godfather offering, they premiered in a Premiership. Sadly that was to be their last tango, but it was a wild one. The whole thing seems like an apocalypse now. :)

Terrif story of a kid escaping the risks and potential pitfalls of his early environment and reaching the top of his profession. Max props to the bloke.

There was a story early on at Punt Rd he was munching on a mars bar or similar, Delidio walks over and asks him wtf is he doing eating such crap, ruining his body, disrespecting the team and the sport. An early call out and he got better and better.

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks Brando

Remove this Banner Ad

Back