Admin Notice The 14th Administrator of the Sweet Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

We have finally reached the end of a fiercely competitive admin race which has stoked plenty of robust debate, exchange of ideas, thoughts and energy. Anyway, a massive thank you to manangatang for organising this process and coordinating the entire thing to be seamless and also all of the 13 club representatives who successfully submitted votes.

I want to acknowledge and thank all of the candidates who put their hand up to fulfil the responsibility of leading the league into the future; Elton Johns Wig, Jabba73, DenieD and Pickitt.

It is a significant commitment and takes a lot of effort and passion for the league to put yourself out there and present your credentials and vision in front of the community. And for that alone, I think that should be applauded.

Only one of you will be the admin next season, but that does not mean all of you can't be leaders in the SFA and continue to advocate and promote causes that you feel strongly about; whether it be the need for growth in the league, innovative new ideas and prioritising the engagement of rookies.

Anyway, we've waited enough so, without a further ado. I will announce the next administrator of the SFA is...

544eb34b69beddfe04911e92_width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp.png

Elton Johns Wig

Yes, indeed Wigs has won the admin election, in the end with very strong support from the committee with 11 of 13 clubs voting for him as the first preference to be the next administrator of the SFA.

Elton Johns Wig will become just the 14th person in the league's 22 year history to be an administrator. He debuted in Season 23 winning the EKA of that season, and had by far the most experience in this place of the candidates in this cycle. He has a strong record of being a top-notch poster for a long time here, winning the Beez Trophy in Season 32, captaining multiple teams, he's been a huge presence in match threads and media across a long period of time and has gotten large-scale projects across the line, including building up the latest expansion bid the Ophidian Old Boys in the last 3 seasons. Over the course of his time here he's built up a lot of strong relationships so will be very well supported.

During this process, he's promoted stability and promised to be inclusive and collaborative in his decision-making to ensure that everybody is heard. He's also made a great emphasis on promoting a renaissance in media, to bring new creators into the fold and create a system where established media creators can work with new ones to help them find their feet.

For the remainder of the season, myself of manangatang will work closely with EJW to ensure that the handover is smooth as possible, set him up for success and he can hit the ground running in Season 37.

Let's all welcome EJW into the role and help him be the best administrator he can be in Season 37 and beyond. 🍷

Last edited:

Hello all,

We have finally reached the end of a fiercely competitive admin race which has stoked plenty of robust debate, exchange of ideas, thoughts and energy. Anyway, a massive thank you to manangatang for organising this process and coordinating the entire thing to be seamless and also all of the 13 club representatives who successfully submitted votes.

I want to acknowledge and thank all of the candidates who put their hand up to fulfil the responsibility of leading the league into the future; Elton Johns Wig, Jabba73, DenieD and Pickitt.

It is a significant commitment and takes a lot of effort and passion for the league to put yourself out there and present your credentials and vision in front of the community. And for that alone, I think that should be applauded.

Only one of you will be the admin next season, but that does not mean all of you can't be leaders in the SFA and continue to advocate and promote causes that you feel strongly about; whether it be the need for growth in the league, innovative new ideas and prioritising the engagement of rookies.

Anyway, we've waited enough so, without a further ado. I will announce the next administrator of the SFA is...

View attachment 1843882

Elton Johns Wig

Yes, indeed Wigs has won the admin election, in the end with very strong support from the committee with 11 of 13 clubs voting for him as the first preference to be the next administrator of the SFA.

Elton Johns Wig will become just the 14th person in the league's 22 year history to be an administrator. He debuted in Season 23 winning the EKA of that season, and had by far the most experience in this place of the candidates in this cycle. He has a strong record of being a top-notch poster for a long time here, winning the Beez Trophy in Season 32, captaining multiple teams, he's been a huge presence in match threads and media across a long period of time and has gotten large-scale projects across the line, including building up the latest expansion bid the Ophidian Old Boys in the last 3 seasons. Over the course of his time here he's built up a lot of strong relationships so will be very well supported.

During this process, he's promoted stability and promised to be inclusive and collaborative in his decision-making to ensure that everybody is heard. He's also made a great emphasis on promoting a renaissance in media, to bring new creators into the fold and create a system where established media creators can work with new ones to help them find their feet.

For the remainder of the season, myself of manangatang will work closely with EJW to ensure that the handover is smooth as possible, set him up for success and he can hit the ground running in Season 37.

Let's all welcome EJW into the role and help him be the best administrator he can be in Season 37 and beyond. 🍷

So, two clubs abstained this time...

Meanwhile, at SFA headquarters ...

84iwo0.jpg

Congrats, Elton Johns Wig! Well deserved.

Shout out to all four candidates for volunteering your time and putting yourselves out there – never an easy thing to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Elton Johns Wig, best candidate by far.

The right choice has been made.
Being runner up in an admin election isn't the worst result Jabba, I'm fairly sure every single admin election runner up is either already in the Hall of Fame or a certainty to be inducted in the near future.

Being runner up in an admin election isn't the worst result Jabba, I'm fairly sure every single admin election runner up is either already in the Hall of Fame or a certainty to be inducted in the near future.
Awesome, will start working on my speech.

Statement
First and foremost, congratulations to Elton Johns Wig

Today's election has confirmed my suspicions, 'what suspicions' you may say, to that, I say idk.

A big thank you to my supporters, namely #1 Fan and Media Manager

We will be back in S39.

Mazelest of tovs Elton Johns Wig here's to a successful Administration. Now don't f*ck it up.

Commiserations DenieD Jabba73 & Pickitt here's to a productive few seasons from you all without the burden of being Grand Poobah. Don't become a supervillain or anything stupid like that.

1698827622461.png [stock footage of Elton Johns Wig TheInjuryFactory and I wetting a baby's head somewhere idk]

Statement
First and foremost, congratulations to Elton Johns Wig

Today's election has confirmed my suspicions, 'what suspicions' you may say, to that, I say idk.

A big thank you to my supporters, namely #1 Fan and Media Manager

We will be back in S39.

What a stitch up... we will rebuild.

And good to start early for S39 though, get dibs on it before anyone else does.

Congratulations Elton Johns Wig

Thanks to the other candidates for all their time and effort the past few weeks, especially for the runner up in Jabba worked hard and gave it is all even though up against it

Remove this Banner Ad

Admin Notice The 14th Administrator of the Sweet Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Back