Premiership Player
Suspended
Aug 16, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Spurs, Liverpool, Barca
Separating the threads for no apparent reason. It was getting confusing. .

I've had a decent look at the market myself..

a few bets that strike me;

Robin Van Persie [Outright winner - 25's] [team - 3's?] .. in the easiest group of all, has van der vaart, sneijder, etc all delivering him the ball. Will also take free kicks and penalties. This has become a public bet and i can see why. hes a gun. Teams in the netherlands group have question marks over there defending.. and with VP around he could do some damage.

Podolski @ 50's is tempting.. hes a proven goal scorer at this level. Germany have a challenging group. But 50's is defs overs.

BIG PLAY: Novakovic to be slovenia's top goal scorer @ 4's. super price. this guy is an absolute gun.. top scored in there qualifying and he scored twice vs NZL. will hedge with Stoch @ 20's. (hes a gun to)

Fabiano / Kaka will go 1/2 .. Fabiano should come out on top.

David Suazo is a decent bet for honduras

Webo will score for cameroon.. and he will outscore eto..

Mphela for SA in pretty decent knick at the moment

Santa Cruz from paraguay is 100/1 .. thats 'omg' value as they have NZL in there group and i really rate paraguay as a sniff to go far into the tourn.

feel the need to lay rooney.. i think he will be to suspect this world cup. to much is expected of him and he wont deliver.. that being said.. CROUCH @ 11's to win the teams top goal scorer is pretty decent.. even TERRY cry's value @ 40's.. England will score a few times with crosses from out wide... crouch the danger man.

Millito / Messi / Tevez / Higuan.. there all quality players.. its really a lottery between those 4.. can see all 4 doing well this WC. Favouring Millito.. him and messi to go 1/2

Villa will beat torres. 2.25 is to short.. tho he should win the GB.

For me had a look at some of the top teams

My value lies in
Drogba: $85.00 to be top goalscorer (yes he is playing with an injury), but feel if Ivory Coast can get out of their group he may have a chance to score more. Feel the game against North Korea might be a few chances for him to get a bag of goals

Landon Donovan: $600.00 USA penalty taker and has an uncunning nack to nick a goal on the run. Well worth value in my opinion, had an excellent confeds cup last time around.

Carlos Vela $330.00: Gun Arsenal player and playing up front for mexico with a strong midfield to support him. Onyl thing for me is Mexico are in a pretty even group, but if they progress , mexico going to probably rely on him for goals.

But as for the winner, I probably cant go past Luis Fabiano $12.50, probably Brazil's most important striker and has been in solid form for Sevilla, also had a good confeds cup last year. (also the penalty taker for Brazil)

Also Cristiano Ronaldo $25.00 could have a field day against North Korea if all comes to avail. (also the penalty taker for Real madrid and Portugal)

Wouldnt suprise me if the top goal scorer came from the Group of Death:Brazil, Portugal and Ivory coast.

Have a multi with:
Van Persie top Holland scorer
Rooney top England scorer
Higuain top Argentina scorer
Fabiano top Brazil scorer
Klose top Germany scorer

Clint Dempsey (USA) @ $5
Humberto Suazo (Chile) @ $3.25
Roque Santa Cruz (Paraguay) @ $4.50
Miroslav Klose (Germany) @ $3.75 or Lukas Podoloski (Germany) @ $4.50
Stanislav Sestak (Slovakia) @ $3.75
Luis Fabiano (Brazil) @ $2.60

Form selections...

Van Persie (E/W) at $18
Fabiano (E/W) at $13
Robinho (E/W) at $41
Gilardino (E/W) at $46

Fabiano/Rooney at $2.38
Van Persie/Rooney at $1.93
Gillardino/Henry at $2
Milito/Torres at $3.25

Top Team GS

Van Persie at $15.47
Villa
Fabiano

Crouch at $7.5

Stoch doesn't play for Slovenia.

my bad, was pretty tired when writing this up.

Also Cristiano Ronaldo $25.00 could have a field day against North Korea if all comes to avail. (also the penalty taker for Real madrid and Portugal)

ronaldo hasn't scored for his country in what feels like 200 years

wacked a bit on Van Persie at ~$12, podolski at ~$50. always liked podolski as a player and despite a recent slide at club level he always manages to score for his country. if germany go deep, which they should, him and Klose will be right up there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2010 FIFA World Cup [top goal scorer thread]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back