Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Back by popular demand.

Pretty straight forward, start with $20 and pick one winner in the AFL each round, rolling over the entire balance each time. See who can last the longest.

Starting in round 1, so this week - but you don't have to pick anyone this week, your round one selection can come from either week of the round.

Originally there was one rule, and then a series of annoying circumstances meant that we had to make up rules on the fly. So I've gone through the last two years' threads and here are the rules:

1. Start with $20, pick one winner in the AFL each round, rolling over the entire balance each time.
2. Screenshot not required to confirm odds, any bookie can be used, honour system in place given there's no actual prize (except a tasty balance at the end if you don't get knocked out)
3. Minimum win is $1 - therefore, if you start with $20 the minimum odds for your first bet is $1.05. If you get to $100 balance, you can go for $1.01 odds if you like.
4. To clarify rule #3, the minimum win only applies to the bet you make - i.e., if you bet $20 on a $1.05 shot to win $21, and the game is a draw, obviously you will only get $10.50 back and thus have "lost" $9.50 - you are not eliminated as your intention was to win the $1. However, you will continue with only the $10.50.
5. You pick one team per round, head to head. No line/multis etc allowed.
6. Two "winners" - the "blaze of glory" award for whoever gets the highest balance prior to being eliminated, and the "Enduro Man" award for whoever lasts the longest in terms of rounds before being eliminated
7. No actual prizes, just for fun - unless balmainforever wants to enquire about BF subscriptions maybe?
8. If taking odds from Betfair, please ensure the odds you quote are net of commission
9. Should be common sense but ffs post the bet before the game starts or it doesn't count
10. To clarify #9, you don't need to post your bet before the round starts, but obviously if you post on the Saturday you can't post any bets from earlier in the round for example
11. You can't join after round 1
12. The odds have to be available at a bookmaker you use at the time of posting.

RC again has his results spreadsheet [link=[URL=[URL]http://bit.ly/Zqik4i]here[/link][/url][/url]

$20 Challenge Honour Roll

2011 Enduro Man: iluvparis (winner after round 23 with $185.20)
2011 Blaze of Glory: Lenny29 (eliminated with $403.27)

2012 Part One Enduro Man: RequiemBlade (winner after round 10 with $127.01)
2012 Part One Blaze of Glory: Selective Retention (eliminated with $356.63)

2012 Part Two Winners: i'm not actually sure. fair to say that no one cared very quickly. if you think you won and want to be on the honour roll, let me know

Wow not a game i like for round 1.
Will be the first to kick it off.
Will go with Collingwood @ 1.47

3. Minimum win is $1 - therefore, if you start with $20 the minimum odds for your first bet is $1.05. If you get to $100 balance, you can go for $1.01 odds if you like.
4. To clarify rule #3, the minimum win only applies to the bet you make - i.e., if you bet $20 on a $1.05 shot to win $21, and the game is a draw, obviously you will only get $10.50 back and thus have "lost" $9.50 - you are not eliminated as your intention was to win the $1. However, you will continue with only the $10.50.

How does one get $10.50 back if the game is a draw, don't you just lose all together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$20 on Geelong @ $2.60 (unless I can take the $2.75 I see offered at Stan James, or is it Aussie books only?).

$20 on Geelong @ $2.60 (unless I can take the $2.75 I see offered at Stan James, or is it Aussie books only?).
the purpose of this thread is to actually participate by putting $20 on a team somewhere - not just play with artificial money. so if you bet at stan james, more than welcome to use it

the purpose of this thread is to actually participate by putting $20 on a team somewhere - not just play with artificial money. so if you bet at stan james, more than welcome to use it

Well in that case give me the $2.70 I took at Bet365, since we're going on the honour system. But I'm on it for significantly more than $20 :thumbsu: .

Remove this Banner Ad

The 2013 $20 Challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back