Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Hey guys,

I'm keen to take my girlfriend to an ANZAC Day game this year and am concerned about finding tickets with allocated seats next to each other.

I don't bother with membership right now because I can't get to Melbourne often enough to make it worthwhile; and the interstate memberships don't provide anything substantial.

What are the options for getting two seats next to each other?

Hopefully with enough posts this thread can serve as a resource for others.

I don't know sorry but I would check ASAP

It seems they're available. But more exxy by far than last time I bought them. I wonder what memberships will give you access to those tickets?

It seems they're available. But more exxy by far than last time I bought them. I wonder what memberships will give you access to those tickets?

I guess ones with Reserved Seats

I guess ones with Reserved Seats

I have 3 game Anzac day membership which gets me a reserved seat to Anzac day every year & 2 General admission home games of my choice. Think it cost me $200. Can't remember cos my dad pays for it

eBay is your friend? Maybe.
The more costly Anzac packages floating about in memberships are there but as you say expensive.

Last year as a season ticket holder I could buy myself and other non-members tickets during the member presale. In previous years this wasn't the case and I've had to wait for the public release on years when I wanted to go with non-members. I'm also not sure if my Collingwood home season ticket will work this year as it's an Essendon home match, so technically I don't have entry entitlements.

Ticketek said:
The Club Members Pre-sales listed above are for Reserved Seating only. This pre-sale is only available to members with entry entitlements to the match who do not have an allocated reserved seat.

This year the member presale kicks off on Monday (6th March), so good timing with your thread. It's always chaos at 9am, but if you're not fussy with where you sit or don't need many tickets waiting until the afternoon saves hassle.

General public release occurs on 8th March again at 9am, given the limited seats leftover you have to brave the chaos.

http://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=AFLPROXY17#MCG

The 'pies do a 3 game membership that provides access (reserved seat) to Anzac Day for $150, which could be good backup if you miss out above.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/763/3-Game-ANZAC-Day

Last year as a season ticket holder I could buy myself and other non-members tickets during the member presale. In previous years this wasn't the case and I've had to wait for the public release on years when I wanted to go with non-members. I'm also not sure if my Collingwood home season ticket will work this year as it's an Essendon home match, so technically I don't have entry entitlements.
In 2015 when it was an Essendon home game I don't think I could access the member presale because I only had a home game membership. I might be remembering incorrectly though

It's quite simple.. ask around until you get them. Or the 3 game membership should get you in.

I'm not familiar with standard memberships. I'm a Woodmen member so $10,000 a yr. I'm the bougiasi.
It is a 4 game membership now. And the ANZAC day is an away game this year. You can't get tickets for that using your membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'pies do a 3 game membership that provides access (reserved seat) to Anzac Day for $150 said:

Quicky This is your best bet mate.
Scalpers on eBay will charge you much more than this.
It's only $150, you're a member and you can go to 2 other games.
Plus you get the membership pack.

Don't buy from scalpers.
Just call the club and ask for 2 memberships with seats on ANZAC day next to each other.

This year the member presale kicks off on Monday (6th March), so good timing with your thread. It's always chaos at 9am, but if you're not fussy with where you sit or don't need many tickets waiting until the afternoon saves hassle.

General public release occurs on 8th March again at 9am, given the limited seats leftover you have to brave the chaos.

http://m.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=AFLPROXY17#MCG

The 'pies do a 3 game membership that provides access (reserved seat) to Anzac Day for $150, which could be good backup if you miss out above.

https://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/763/3-Game-ANZAC-Day

Given the tickets they're currently advertising on Ticketek are all more expensive the membership deal offers good value by comparison. Thanks for all the information!

On memberships, I reckon the club should arrange an interstate membership that gives you access to the Telsta AFL streams. That would actually be a great addition to a membership for interstaters as it would provide certainty around watching all games on TV in the absence of being able to attend. Hell throw that in with the ANZAC membership and call it the platinum interstate package or something equally lame and I'd be all over it.

In 2015 when it was an Essendon home game I don't think I could access the member presale because I only had a home game membership. I might be remembering incorrectly though
Confirmed in a generic club email that home season ticket holders don't have priority access.

club members email said:
In 2017, the Round 5 ANZAC Day blockbuster against Essendon is classified as an Away game. As you hold a general admission Home membership, there is no access to upgrade to a reserved seat at 9.00am on Monday 6 March. You will be able to purchase a ticket for this match when they are released to the public from 9.00am on Wednesday 8 March, subject to availability.

They should let ANZAC Day veterans in for free.

Anybody who attended the first drawn game in 1995 is a part of history that shaped our nation and should be rewarded and treated with the respect they deserve by the younger generation.
Yeah, not particularly funny.

They are really pricing tickets out of reach of the general public. I went to upgrade my member tickets to reserve seat for a couple of games (I'm from the country so only get a country membership). Front of the top deck member upgrade for the Adelaide game cost me $23 per ticket to upgrade and the Essendon match (our home game) was more expensive. On ground level for two member upgrades was almost $90. Guess the AFL has dropped the affordable tickets mantra.

They are really pricing tickets out of reach of the general public. I went to upgrade my member tickets to reserve seat for a couple of games (I'm from the country so only get a country membership). Front of the top deck member upgrade for the Adelaide game cost me $23 per ticket to upgrade and the Essendon match (our home game) was more expensive. On ground level for two member upgrades was almost $90. Guess the AFL has dropped the affordable tickets mantra.

It just about the $$$$$$$$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource The 2017 Collingwood ticketing and membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back