Resource The 2017 Collingwood ticketing and membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

They are really pricing tickets out of reach of the general public. I went to upgrade my member tickets to reserve seat for a couple of games (I'm from the country so only get a country membership). Front of the top deck member upgrade for the Adelaide game cost me $23 per ticket to upgrade and the Essendon match (our home game) was more expensive. On ground level for two member upgrades was almost $90. Guess the AFL has dropped the affordable tickets mantra.

So what your saying is it's pointless getting just a GA season pass unless I want to pay the extra dollars for a reserved ticket or sit up with the gods and watch the footy?

It's quite simple.. ask around until you get them. Or the 3 game membership should get you in.

I'm not familiar with standard memberships. I'm a Woodmen member so $10,000 a yr. I'm the bougiasi.

I'm assuming you have the silver Woodsmen package? If so you are basically paying $950 per month for the match day function.

They are really pricing tickets out of reach of the general public. I went to upgrade my member tickets to reserve seat for a couple of games (I'm from the country so only get a country membership). Front of the top deck member upgrade for the Adelaide game cost me $23 per ticket to upgrade and the Essendon match (our home game) was more expensive. On ground level for two member upgrades was almost $90. Guess the AFL has dropped the affordable tickets mantra.

I was savaged here by some about AFL Membership.
I bought 5 tickets for the ANZAC day game.
Adult & concession upgrade is $9 and child is $3.90.
With booking fee I paid around $37 for 5 tickets M18 Row K.
This is not a bragging post either which I will get accused off.

A group of friends want to attend the Collingwood v Bulldogs game with their Magpie barracking daughter who is returning briefly from overseas. Would general admission tickets suffice or should they purchase reserve seating? None are members as they are not magpie supporters - the daughter wants to see a Collingwood game while she is here for a brief stay.

A group of friends want to attend the Collingwood v Bulldogs game with their Magpie barracking daughter who is returning briefly from overseas. Would general admission tickets suffice or should they purchase reserve seating? None are members as they are not magpie supporters - the daughter wants to see a Collingwood game while she is here for a brief stay.

I'd go reserve seats mate. It will be a big crowd and GA will be stuck up in the gods.

Good seats at any game Collingwood plays requires booking a reserved seat.
It's the price of being the second biggest club in the land.

Second biggest?

I am leading to three likes to one
29XYmgE.gif

I bought 3 general admin ticks today for the anzac day game.. best I could get was pub reserve with the gods. $60 each ticket. unbelievable. In past years I have actually bought 3 3 game memberships and gone to the other two games but I can't get across enough this year ( from perth ) . I do remember reading bombers had upped the cost of this game last week but. JOKE

I bought 3 general admin ticks today for the anzac day game.. best I could get was pub reserve with the gods. $60 each ticket. unbelievable. In past years I have actually bought 3 3 game memberships and gone to the other two games but I can't get across enough this year ( from perth ) . I do remember reading bombers had upped the cost of this game last week but. JOKE

God barracks for Collingwood so you should be ok. Seriously though, where are you drinking before the game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God barracks for Collingwood so you should be ok. Seriously though, where are you drinking before the game?
dno, going over with my best mate and my mrs. She has never been to an afl game before anyway so thought what better game to bring her too then the best of the home and away season. We are staying near crown so probably pub crawl down towards the G :D

dno, going over with my best mate and my mrs. She has never been to an afl game before anyway so thought what better game to bring her too then the best of the home and away season. We are staying near crown so probably pub crawl down towards the G :D

Nice. It's always a great day, especially when we win.

I was savaged here by some about AFL Membership.
I bought 5 tickets for the ANZAC day game.
Adult & concession upgrade is $9 and child is $3.90.
With booking fee I paid around $37 for 5 tickets M18 Row K.
This is not a bragging post either which I will get accused off.
Are you all AFL members?

Can someone please explain to me why it costs more for me as an AFL member to purchase a guest pass than it is for me to just purchase a regular GA seat? I don't get it

Update on my mate buying tickets for Collingwood v Bulldogs. He got them online prior to me offering advice. Ended up buying them through 'Via gogo' or some such outfit which is meant to be the AFL's seller. $300 for 5 tickets with $25 face value when he finally received them last night. Numbered GA 100-105. He has written to Consumer Affairs. Surely he has also paid for reserved seating? My overseas' jaunts have prevented me getting to a Melbourne game for nearly 2 years so I am out of the loop on ticketing. I figure you guys can set me straight.

Last edited:
Update on my mate buying tickets for Collingwood v Bulldogs. He got them online prior to me offering advice. Ended up buying them through 'Via gogo' or some such outfit which is meant to be the AFL's seller. $600 for 5 tickets with $25 face value when he finally received them last night. Numbered GA 100-105. He has written to Consumer Affairs. Surely he has also paid for reserved seating? My overseas' jaunts have prevented me getting to a Melbourne game for nearly 2 years so I am out of the loop on ticketing. I figure you guys can set me straight.

They had a story on Hack about re-sale sites including via-gogo and ticketeks version. Some of the stories were bloody ordinary. The ACCC needs to be on that.

Update on my mate buying tickets for Collingwood v Bulldogs. He got them online prior to me offering advice. Ended up buying them through 'Via gogo' or some such outfit which is meant to be the AFL's seller. $600 for 5 tickets with $25 face value when he finally received them last night. Numbered GA 100-105. He has written to Consumer Affairs. Surely he has also paid for reserved seating? My overseas' jaunts have prevented me getting to a Melbourne game for nearly 2 years so I am out of the loop on ticketing. I figure you guys can set me straight.
That's ridiculous. They definitely need to take that up with the appropriate authorities. $600 for 5 tickets would pretty much get you one of those dining events they have in the Harrison Room plus reserved seats

I feel sorry for your friend but seriously, who buys tickets for that amount of money without knowing the seat allocation?

What is Hack?
Don't worry. I checked it out. My mate appears to have been scammed. Interestingly 2 sporting clubs in Australia have marketing deals with viagogo to on-sell tickets - Collingwood and Richmond. It is a disgrace that Collingwood are assisting in duping people into buying tickets that have effectively been scalped. Product Review (http://www.productreview.com.au/p/viagogo.html) is absolutely damning of the methods used by viagogo to extract money from naive or trusting buyers. How are these scalpers allowed to operate with such shady business tactics in a country in which consumers are meant to be protected by law? The redirection to viagogo apparently came through ticketec.

Seating in the AFL reserve?
I assume so? Does this imply better seats?

Can I scan in GA and instead if i want to sit with family? Seems a little strange that the only entitlement I get for guests is that they can sit with me at a premium to what they'd normally have to pay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource The 2017 Collingwood ticketing and membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back