Resource The 2017 Collingwood ticketing and membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel sorry for your friend but seriously, who buys tickets for that amount of money without knowing the seat allocation?
Actually, the problem is that you are led to believe that you are getting the tickets at the correct price e.g. $25 for GA. Then as you are finalising the transaction, you are panicked into buying by being told things like 'selling out fast! Only 2 tickets left' etc. Only as you hit the confirm button do the various other fees flash past you and once booked you suddenly realise you have been hit with all sorts of extra charges. This is only discovered once you paid for it. The tickets are then not available till 3 days before the event - that's usually because viagogo doesn't yet have the tickets. People report being scammed for two or three times the value of the ticket, particularly for overseas' sporting events and concerts. Many also turn up to the venue and are unable to use the tickets.

Are you all AFL members?

Can someone please explain to me why it costs more for me as an AFL member to purchase a guest pass than it is for me to just purchase a regular GA seat? I don't get it

I am an AFL Member.
A guest pass is around $54 at MCG and $50 at Etihad.
I suppose the AFL presume that the seats are premium seats in AFL Members section and charge accordingly. That is the only explanation.
It is a bit steep I agree.

Update on my mate buying tickets for Collingwood v Bulldogs. He got them online prior to me offering advice. Ended up buying them through 'Via gogo' or some such outfit which is meant to be the AFL's seller. $300 for 5 tickets with $25 face value when he finally received them last night. Numbered GA 100-105. He has written to Consumer Affairs. Surely he has also paid for reserved seating? My overseas' jaunts have prevented me getting to a Melbourne game for nearly 2 years so I am out of the loop on ticketing. I figure you guys can set me straight.

Look who is giving a plug to Via Gogo.
Seriously, he should be ashamed of himself.
That is a scam site. I think they were charging $50 for a transaction fee.
Your friend could have just walked up I reckon on the night.
I don't think it will be a super huge crowd.
The Bulldogs supporters only found out where the MCG is in September last year.
They do not get big crowds.

Pert.jpg

View attachment 344954

Poor judgement.

I have a question...

I'm buying the GA home and away membership. I don't want to sit on level 4 for all the games. I'm willing to pay extra to upgrade it. However, I was wondering if there's any GA seats on the bottom level?
And how much does it cost to upgrade it?

View attachment 344954
All up he paid $350 for 6 GA tickets including the $50 fee. As I said until he'd paid he thought he was paying $25 per ticket plus booking fee. And was directed to viagogo thru tiketek. So $70 per ticket. Gary Pert has a lot to answer for promoting these pricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All up he paid $350 for 6 GA tickets including the $50 fee. As I said until he'd paid he thought he was paying $25 per ticket plus booking fee. And was directed to viagogo thru tiketek. So $70 per ticket. Gary Pert has a lot to answer for promoting these pricks.
I sent an email to Gary Pert inclusive of the photo of him promoting giagogo. I got this reply, very promptly from the Collingwood Football Club:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email, we really appreciate your feedback in regards to Viagogo.

I have spoken with our Commercial Partnerships team and I have been advised that we are no longer associated with the company and haven’t been for some time now.

I can assure you that we value all feedback regarding this and have taken that into consideration when deciding not to continue supporting viagogo.

Thank you again for contacting us regarding Viagogo and we really appreciate the feedback.

Kind regards,

Tahlia

So why is this company still operating as though it is a legitimate seller of AFL tickets? And why hasn't Collingwood made their dissatisfaction with the thieves that Pert was glad to promote known to the football public?

I sent an email to Gary Pert inclusive of the photo of him promoting giagogo. I got this reply, very promptly from the Collingwood Football Club:

Good Afternoon John,

Thank you for your email, we really appreciate your feedback in regards to Viagogo.

I have spoken with our Commercial Partnerships team and I have been advised that we are no longer associated with the company and haven’t been for some time now.

I can assure you that we value all feedback regarding this and have taken that into consideration when deciding not to continue supporting viagogo.

Thank you again for contacting us regarding Viagogo and we really appreciate the feedback.

Kind regards,

Tahlia

So why is this company still operating as though it is a legitimate seller of AFL tickets? And why hasn't Collingwood made their dissatisfaction with the thieves that Pert was glad to promote known to the football public?
Well done.
It's public now.

So I just got a GA home & away membership, I probably won't get my membership card till round 3-4.

How do I reserve tickets for the Richmond vs Collingwood game only using my account id number!?

Hi all,

I was just looking into tickets for the Collingwood v Geelong match next week, and saw that there is not many reserved seats left:
upload_2017-8-13_16-32-43.png

Most of those bays only have single seats remaining, too. What is the go in regards to GA seating (without a membership)? Is it only top level, or is there some general admission on the bottom level?

Hi all,

I was just looking into tickets for the Collingwood v Geelong match next week, and saw that there is not many reserved seats left:
View attachment 403229

Most of those bays only have single seats remaining, too. What is the go in regards to GA seating (without a membership)? Is it only top level, or is there some general admission on the bottom level?
Keep trying, the way they release seats is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource The 2017 Collingwood ticketing and membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back