Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s an interesting theory, yes. However different to what was said at the time if I recall correctly. I’ve pondered the same, is he the master or not, or perhaps he is Plagius himself looking for an apprentice etc.
I'd hope he's Plageuis' master just so the timeline isn't too stretched (palps isn't around for another 40-50 years I don't think) but what I do know is I hope we see a lot more of Qmir, grabbed me from the first time we saw him, such a well built and written character and played spectacularly by Jacinto.

What I liked about this episode is that you genuinely didn't know if a character was safe. No plot armour to be seen.

Just hope the pay off of whoever Qimir's master is, is worth it.

I've always been firmly of the view that it needs to be Darth Plagueis, and that hasn't changed.
Really? I'm the opposite. Way too early for him I'd think.

I was wondering whether Sol also stopped due to whatever Qmir was alluding he'd done in front of Mae (or did I completely miss that and we already know what he did?).

Only negative I had this time was the short ep. Take out recap's and credits and it didn't make 30 mins.
It definitely felt like the second half of last week's ep rather than its own ep.

Apart from the two main character being killed of course.
Did I miss something? The 2 main characters? I assumed the 2 main ones were the twins? Might have been able to wrap the whole thing up nicely if they did kill them off I guess.

Did I miss something? The 2 main characters? I assumed the 2 main ones were the twins? Might have been able to wrap the whole thing up nicely if they did kill them off I guess.
You missed Yord and jecki, two characters who have been in every episode bar the flash back episode, dying?

What do you think a main character is?

You missed Yord and jecki, two characters who have been in every episode bar the flash back episode, dying?

What do you think a main character is?
You said the 2 main characters. So what you meant was 2 of the main ones? Okay. That makes mores sense.

You said the 2 main characters. So what you meant was 2 of the main ones? Okay. That makes mores sense.
I'm not quite sure how you misread my post, I was referring to "the two" who die, not "the shows two main characters" which would be an odd thing to say when there are more than two main characters.

I'd hope he's Plageuis' master just so the timeline isn't too stretched (palps isn't around for another 40-50 years I don't think) but what I do know is I hope we see a lot more of Qmir, grabbed me from the first time we saw him, such a well built and written character and played spectacularly by Jacinto.
It's so funny you say that, I'm struggling not to see him as that moron from The Good Place :tearsofjoy:

Mae "flip-flopping" - Mae said she was going to turn herself in, at the time only up for the murders of two Jedi. Then she discovered the dead Wookie master, and knew Qimir was there. I'm not seeing flip-flopping, I'm seeing hedging her bets. Suddenly she was in shit-tons more trouble, and the most powerful force user was there...if she was worried about betraying her master before, she was definitely panicking when she saw him with his helmet off and realised the guy she taunted hanging from a rope was the same bloke! She bolted for the hills, and got shot by her own sister...!

Not convinced she should have been able to cover her identity with a haircut! You sense others through the force, you don't get a visual, so she should have been identified immediately (I think she was, actually, and Sol is going along with it now that there's a Sith Lord in the mix...and while the Sith are able to cloak their presence, we have no evidence they can imitate another force presence)...the last time we saw twins, Vader sensed every detail...

That episode was a real redeemer though, if the show even needed it. I was enjoying it so far, although it was a little flat. Love the villain, and his look is awesome. Fight scenes great - fisticuffs with the force, and done way better than Jango v Obi-Wan. The best battles since Darth Maul in Phantom, which were also done by a guy skilled in martial arts...makes you wonder why they didn't do a better job in Rogue One considering who was casted...

It's so funny you say that, I'm struggling not to see him as that moron from The Good Place :tearsofjoy:
He was in a movie I saw recently which wasn't too bad so got me away from the good place, but in a way seeing him as that role just underlines his acting chops because he does menacing so well but still has the humorous beats, like the "well, I wore a mask" line I loved.

Mae "flip-flopping" - Mae said she was going to turn herself in, at the time only up for the murders of two Jedi. Then she discovered the dead Wookie master, and knew Qimir was there. I'm not seeing flip-flopping, I'm seeing hedging her bets. Suddenly she was in shit-tons more trouble, and the most powerful force user was there...if she was worried about betraying her master before, she was definitely panicking when she saw him with his helmet off and realised the guy she taunted hanging from a rope was the same bloke! She bolted for the hills, and got shot by her own sister...!

Not convinced she should have been able to cover her identity with a haircut! You sense others through the force, you don't get a visual, so she should have been identified immediately (I think she was, actually, and Sol is going along with it now that there's a Sith Lord in the mix...and while the Sith are able to cloak their presence, we have no evidence they can imitate another force presence)...the last time we saw twins, Vader sensed every detail...

That episode was a real redeemer though, if the show even needed it. I was enjoying it so far, although it was a little flat. Love the villain, and his look is awesome. Fight scenes great - fisticuffs with the force, and done way better than Jango v Obi-Wan. The best battles since Darth Maul in Phantom, which were also done by a guy skilled in martial arts...makes you wonder why they didn't do a better job in Rogue One considering who was casted...
She was also attacked by Jecki with no chance to explain herself so was pushed into a fight or flight situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m of the view it makes most sense that he’s Plageuis himself. He appears to be what, mid late 20s perhaps if equating into human years? Unnatural long life, preventing yourself from dying etc, these are the dark side powers Palpatine referenced in ROTS.

So it’s plausible that if it is Plageuis, he’s been able to hang around for a long time afterwards before he was killed by Palpatine sometime (unsure of when exactly in the timeline) prior to the prequels.

I’m of the view it makes most sense that he’s Plageuis himself. He appears to be what, mid late 20s perhaps if equating into human years? Unnatural long life, preventing yourself from dying etc, these are the dark side powers Palpatine referenced in ROTS.

So it’s plausible that if it is Plageuis, he’s been able to hang around for a long time afterwards before he was killed by Palpatine sometime (unsure of when exactly in the timeline) prior to the prequels.
Isn't Plagueis like an alien? Squid faced sort of dude? I thought there was a canon book that had him like that on the cover?

Edit, actually wait that book is apparently legends.

He was in a movie I saw recently which wasn't too bad so got me away from the good place, but in a way seeing him as that role just underlines his acting chops because he does menacing so well but still has the humorous beats, like the "well, I wore a mask" line I loved.

The mask line didn’t feel right for me, a serious moment didn’t call for it.

Isn't Plagueis like an alien? Squid faced sort of dude? I thought there was a canon book that had him like that on the cover?

Edit, actually wait that book is apparently legends.

There was yes, quite a decent book too from when I read it. It’s been discarded now in terms of canon.

Which I did. Not my problem you can't comprehend.
Guys, i don't think we need to get so pedantic and confrontational here, we don't need to have our backs up.

SM you meant to say two "of the" main character"s", you had a typo that left those parts out and it was slightly confusing on first read, but you've since clarified and it's all good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back