Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Mae, at most she is a secondary protagonist/antagonist.

The person who the show is based around, who we confuse to be the assassin in the early episode, who we see working her day job on the freighter, who is the outside brought into the world of the jedi, who we see her perspective in the flashback episode, the protagonist of the show, is a dull, angsty teen with no goal, no characterization, no skills and nothing interesting about her.

According to who?

And Sabine is what in Ahsoka? I mean, the show's title should at least give a hint that she's not the main character in that either..

Although it's a bit dumb to be so binary as to say that one character is the main character and another is not when it's an ensemble cast and in this case the show is literally called The Acolyte which is, ya know, Mae.

Still feel these episodes are too short, even though there was some intriguing moments in this one.

Ach-To right? Aside from the scenery and island planet, those creatures were very similar to the ones Luke ends up milking.

I like Bazil.

Just when we’re finally going to circle back to what happened that night on the witches planet, the power on the ship just turns back on haha. Surely has to be explained the next episode, dragging this part out too long I feel.

Sol just switching off the comms and jumping to hyperspace felt odd. When just minutes before he’s trying to raise the alarm.

Clearly the breathing with the helmet on is meant to resemble Vader.

Liking this Qmir character and he had some good stuff to work with here. “I was a Jedi a long long time ago”. Perhaps hinting that he’s already tapping into that unnatural long life thing. Still feel he’s the Master and he’s Plageuis.

Still feel these episodes are too short, even though there was some intriguing moments in this one.

Ach-To right? Aside from the scenery and island planet, those creatures were very similar to the ones Luke ends up milking.

I like Bazil.

Just when we’re finally going to circle back to what happened that night on the witches planet, the power on the ship just turns back on haha. Surely has to be explained the next episode, dragging this part out too long I feel.

Sol just switching off the comms and jumping to hyperspace felt odd. When just minutes before he’s trying to raise the alarm.

Clearly the breathing with the helmet on is meant to resemble Vader.

Liking this Qmir character and he had some good stuff to work with here. “I was a Jedi a long long time ago”. Perhaps hinting that he’s already tapping into that unnatural long life thing. Still feel he’s the Master and he’s Plageuis.
Yes I agree with this totally. Was back to being a bit of a meh episode really. I get they have to build the relationship and showing the grooming but was way too short and you could easily probably skip this one and it wouldn't really matter.

Is Osha now on Luke's planet?

Terrific episode overall I thought. After the comments in here about it feeling short I was expecting something similar to last ep, but this progressed the plot well on three fronts. Cool seeing Vern's light whip in live action too. I think the reasoning for Sol not contacting the Jedi was a bit flimsy, and them now thinking it's him who's fallen is a bit of a handwave, but I'll allow it for now depending on where it goes.

Last edited:
Yes I agree with this totally. Was back to being a bit of a meh episode really. I get they have to build the relationship and showing the grooming but was way too short and you could easily probably skip this one and it wouldn't really matter.

The dialogue and conversations were much better here, Qmir I feel has fast become my favourite character in this series. Every time he spoke was little nuggets of information, would’ve preferred much more of that in an already compressed amount of episode length (for whatever reason, they’ve chosen such shorter running time for this series).

Is Osha now on Luke's planet?

Yes that’s what I spoilered above, surely too coincidental for it not to be. The fact they referred to as “unknown planet” makes it almost certain.

I think

I reckon Plagueis has kicked him to the kerb and the one that sliced up his back

Speaking of Asoka, I watched it for the first time over the weekend. For whatever reason I didn't get around to watching it on release (it was getting bad reviews and I hadn't watched Rebels) but thought **** it i'll give it a go. Wow... it makes the Acolyte look like a Youtube fan series. Way better, man the Acolyte...

The first 5 episodes of Ahsoka were fantastic. The third episode is as Star Wars as Star Wars gets. I’d love to see Steph Green get more Star Wars episodes.
Then they went to planet boring, Thrawn came into the series and did nothing, and we got ****ing Star Wars zombies (FFS!). I actually wonder if Baylan and Shin were supposed to have a larger role in that second half. Ray Stephenson’s passing may have forced some recuts to make Baylan’s fate a little more vague.

Overall I enjoyed the series but wish those final 3 eps had stuck the landing a little better.

Last edited:
Why has everyone decided that the multiverse (type thing) is the way to go? I absolutely hate it. The stakes don't ever seem to really matter anymore.

I’m definitely not in love with the idea at all. It’s cheap and just means that characters will never truly be dead, which is already a problem in Star Wars lore.

It’s obvious the MCU are keen to make it a thing so they can have recurring Iron Man movies with new Tony Starks, etc.

I was more just thinking out loud and also knowing Lucasfilm would like to do more Kylo Ren stories - except that he’s dead.

I've already watched but are spoiler tags against everyone's religion or something now?

I would think coming into this thread on the day the new episode is dropping without watching is your own fault to be honest.

I think

I reckon Plagueis has kicked him to the kerb and the one that sliced up his back

That was the vibe I got. Or maybe not Plagueis but whoever the current Sith Lord is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the scar looked like it might've been from the light whip?

Yeah I reckon
He might have been Vern's Apprentice the more I think about it.[/quote]

Yeah I reckon
He might have been Vern's Apprentice the more I think about it.

I got the impression she knew exactly who'd caused the damage when they were investigating.

But then I did read today there's supposed to be a second sith shown in this season so perhaps not.

I got the impression she knew exactly who'd caused the damage when they were investigating.

But then I did read today there's supposed to be a second sith shown in this season so perhaps not.

I just like spoilers

But yes, it wasn't immediately apparent to me, but now it makes sense that you saw a whip like scar on Qimir's back and then Vernestera using her whip sabre not long after.

And also, it remains consistent with the lore the way this is playing out. The Jedi still think the Sith are extinct until the prequels because Vernestera covered it up and possibly made Sol the scapegoat, because she figured out her former Padawan became a Sith and wanted to rise up the political ranks.

I’m definitely not in love with the idea at all. It’s cheap and just means that characters will never truly be dead, which is already a problem in Star Wars lore.

'Somehow Palpatine returned' was the worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars.

I actually preferred Asoka to this so far. Will see how the season finishes.

Yeah, overall I prefer Ahsoka so far. If only because we got Thrawn and some cool scenes.

Will wait until the end to give a final opinion - could be worse, but also could be so much better.

Sol and Qimir are pretty much holding this together at the moment.

Jatz you effin legend. The whip scar means the green headed jedi master backstabbed Qimir. Well observed.

I think it's also a fair accompli that the horned mother of the twin girls is Qimirs actual master (the hint from episode five).

Anyway, here's also a good review of episode six by Thor Skywalker youtube channel (only a dozen or so minutes long)....brings up good points about why this show is poorly written/devised.

So the over-arching plot seems to be getting clearer now imo.

That there was some feud between the green headed Jedi lady and Osha/Mae's horned mother, a long time ago, where Qimir was caught in the middle.

Further tho....how the Sith remain unknown for another 100 years is because the green headed Jedi master decides to hide everything (seems like a lame outcome)

I thought the scar looked like it might've been from the light whip?

Excellent pick up, and yes makes a lot of sense. I am slightly chuckling with myself that I didn’t connect the dots myself when it was starting at me right in the face in those few minutes this episode.

So the over-arching plot seems to be getting clearer now imo.

That there was some feud between the green headed Jedi lady and Osha/Mae's horned mother, a long time ago, where Qimir was caught in the middle.

Further tho....how the Sith remain unknown for another 100 years is because the green headed Jedi master decides to hide everything (seems like a lame outcome)

The green headed Jedi is Vernestra. She's in the High Republic books.

I reckon that was my favourite episode of the series. Qimir is really intriguing. Great call by most in there about where his scar came from, that totally makes sense. I think it's really interesting seeing where the characters are going from here. I hope we get some good pay off in the final 2 episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back