Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

That must be it. I must not know the simple definition of the term "corruption".

It's okay to admit you got one wrong and that your perception of the show might be a litttttle bit influenced by your aversion to anything you perceive as part of the "culture war".

Anyway, this got more confrontational than I wanted. I just didn't appreciate getting told I didn't "like Star Wars as much as I think I did". Let's move on.
😂 I got nothing wrong, you misinterpreted what someone's post was talking about in a attempt to one up people about a show you've hated since the beginning because of a black gay character.

Time to unwatch this thread only to be sucked in when the next Star Wars series is deemed too woke by the usual suspects.

Did you ever know that you're my hero?
You're everything I wish I could be
I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings
Did I ever tell you, you're my hero?
You're everything, everything I wish I could be
Oh, and I, I could fly higher than an eagle
For you are the wind beneath my wings
'Cause you are the wind beneath my wings
Oh, the wind beneath my wings
You, you, you, you are the wind beneath my wings
Fly, fly, fly away, you let me fly so high
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings
Oh, you, you, you, the wind beneath my wings
Fly, fly, so high against the sky
So high I almost touch the sky
Thank you, thank you
Thank God for you, the wind beneath my wings

1721227565619.png

Glad you enjoyed it!

One thing that stood out was your mention that "questionable motivations" is a hallmark of Star Wars? I wonder what you're thinking there? I can't really think of any questionable motivations in the core 6 films and if anything, Star Wars can be criticised for having very simplistic.. but therefore direct and obvious... motivations.

Here’s one from each of Lucas’ core set:

TPM: Qui-Gon risks everything on a boy he hardly knows, including the life of that boy, so he can get a hyperdrive motivator from a junk dealer. He doesn’t bother checking any of the larger dealers, he doesn’t just even try stealing it from Watto - he just comes up with the most convoluted, irresponsible, and dumb plan in that “luckily” works.

AOTC: Padme, a seemingly smart and sophisticated woman, falls in love with an angry, obsessive, over indulged, and frankly creepy kid who just confessed to genocide.

ROTS: WTF is going on with Anakin’s turn to the dark side?! In the space of 20 minutes he goes from turning in a Sith Lord to murdering children.

ROTS Bonus: She lost the will to live!!

ANH: Luke, a farm boy from a desert planet, who’s never flown a starfighter before, suddenly is gifted the equivalent an f-14 tomcat … and even put in charge of the final assault.

ESB: is perfect. I refuse to even look!

ROTJ: I mean? What the **** was Luke’s actual plan for Jabba’s palace?

It was the best episode of the series. Good light sabre battles. They resolved some of the plot points. But after 8 episodes I still didn't care about any of the characters. And yet again, lots of nonsense.

Sol wants to shoot Mae's ship - because reasons.
The beaver disables Sol's ship - because reasons.
Sol can detect Mae from a distance but not nearby.
Sol previously had to climb a giant wall to get into the fortress. Now he knows a back door. But Osha has to hot wire the elevator to get in. Greenhead just waves her fingers to open the door.
Osha attacks Mae - because reasons.
Osha, the failed Padawan, can do a mind strangle on a Jedi Master?
Mae survived a massive drop by being sucked into an air vent?
Mae agrees to have her memories wiped - because reasons.
Yoda was around all this time but not involved?

Thor Skywalker was not impressed at all....

He makes some good points, but some of what he's highlighting are the product of ridiculous things from the earlier episodes.

Greenhead's false version of events being accepted is implausible. After a dozen Jedis were killed there would be a major investigation. Sol was teaching Jedi kids at the time of Trinity's murder. There are witnesses that saw Mae kill Trinity. Episode 4 has a meeting between several senior Jedis to discuss Mae, and Greenhead states that Mae has killed two Jedi Masters.

How does Greenhead explain Sol killing Torbin? This is on top of the ridiculous 'real' version of events where Torbin killed himself.

Sol being force choked by a failed Padawan is ridiculous. Then he made no attempt to explain himself to Osha. Which was all based on him ridiculously killing Momma 1 after she turned into a black cloud.

He makes some good points, but some of what he's highlighting are the product of ridiculous things from the earlier episodes.

Greenhead's false version of events being accepted is implausible. After a dozen Jedis were killed there would be a major investigation. Sol was teaching Jedi kids at the time of Trinity's murder. There are witnesses that saw Mae kill Trinity. Episode 4 has a meeting between several senior Jedis to discuss Mae, and Greenhead states that Mae has killed two Jedi Masters.

How does Greenhead explain Sol killing Torbin? This is on top of the ridiculous 'real' version of events where Torbin killed himself.

Sol being force choked by a failed Padawan is ridiculous. Then he made no attempt to explain himself to Osha. Which was all based on him ridiculously killing Momma 1 after she turned into a black cloud.
Who exactly were the writers of the show? Actual professionals or Headland's pals?

TPM: Qui-Gon risks everything on a boy he hardly knows, including the life of that boy, so he can get a hyperdrive motivator from a junk dealer. He doesn’t bother checking any of the larger dealers, he doesn’t just even try stealing it from Watto - he just comes up with the most convoluted, irresponsible, and dumb plan in that “luckily” works.

AOTC: Padme, a seemingly smart and sophisticated woman, falls in love with an angry, obsessive, over indulged, and frankly creepy kid who just confessed to genocide.

ROTS: WTF is going on with Anakin’s turn to the dark side?! In the space of 20 minutes he goes from turning in a Sith Lord to murdering children.

ANH: Luke, a farm boy from a desert planet, who’s never flown a starfighter before, suddenly is gifted the equivalent an f-14 tomcat … and even put in charge of the final assault.

1000004818.jpg

I liked the finale. Ultimately it's like when your football team sits in the bottom four for most of the season and then picks up some cheap wins late showing good form. It just makes you more frustrated - where was this when it mattered?

Stuck the landing, now they need to build on what is the most interesting untold Star Wars story in fleshing out Plagueis. I hope they do a show or movie on it, with the rise of Palpatine included. We'll see I guess.

I really liked the Senate vs Jedi conflict, wanting the external review. Again, that would have been great if that was earlier in the series as a fascinating subplot to the whole thing.

I think we're interpreting the term "questionable motivations" differently.. if it meant morally ambiguous sure. But I didn't interpret it that way, mainly because there are no morally ambiguous characters in the Acolyte. They're all pretty clearly awful. But if that's what Kelly meant then that's fine.

That’s not what I meant by “questionable motivations” (see earlier post responding to your question
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/index.php?posts/84455328/)

But also the entire series is ABOUT the moral ambiguity of all the characters. There is no true good or true evil.

Sol, who we start out believing to be a shining example of what a good person is, is revealed to have done some dark things in the past.

Qimir, a brutal dark lord, is a compassionate master who even has honourable intentions.

At the end of the series nether side has covered themselves in glory. Both have done bad things and both have redeeming qualities.

Heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

Last edited:
Also, obviously the end left it open for another series, and usually you might think, damn, cant wait to see what happens...

Bored Meh GIF

Who exactly were the writers of the show? Actual professionals or Headland's pals?
Leslye Headland - eps 1 and 6 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslye_Headland

Jocelyn Bioh - ep 6 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocelyn_Bioh

Jen Richards - ep 7 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jen_Richards

Jason Micallef - eps 2 and 8 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9991049/

Kor Adana - eps 4 and 5 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3401825/

Cameron Squires - ep 5 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9676919/

Charmaine DeGraté - eps 2 and 7 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1304613/

Jasmyne Flournoy - eps 3 and 7 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8834707/

Claire Kiechel - ep 4 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6263575/

Eileen Shim - ep 3 - https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7208045/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot the bit where Basil decided to just sabotage Sol's ship... for reasons? And then he just left him on the ship after landing. But then didnt he help the Jedi then track the twins... Wtf was going on there?

That’s not what I meant by “questionable motivations” (see earlier post responding to your question

But also the entire series is ABOUT the moral ambiguity of all the characters. There is no true good or true evil.

Sol, who we start out believing to be a shining example of what a good person is, is revealed to have done some dark things in the past.

Qimir, a brutal dark lord, is a compassionate master who even has honourable intentions.

At the end of the series nether side has covered themselves in glory. Both have done bad things and both have redeeming qualities.

Palpatine was just a nice man who wanted to bring peace to the galaxy.

I forgot the bit where Basil decided to just sabotage Sol's ship... for reasons? And then he just left him on the ship after landing. But then didnt he help the Jedi then track the twins... Wtf was going on there?
I think we need a series to explore the complex being that is Basil. Let’s call it the Book of Basil.

Acolyte: $180mil
Ahsoka: $100mil
Kenobi: $90mil

Makes no sense

If they are going to do a season 2 then the whole writing/production team needs to be scraped and new ones hired otherwise they will butcher Plagueis/Palpatine.

EDIT: even House of the ****ing Dragon has a budget less than this shit.

Last edited:

I don't really see any heroes on the Jedi side. I just see a bunch of heavily flawed, anti-Jedi who are hyper emotional, deceitful and corrupt. Sol is the only one even close to morally ambiguous and his character was effectively assassinated in the last episode by the writers.

Okay man, If you truly think that, that's good.

I really hope that you, SM and FP enjoyed the show. In fact, I truly hope that you honestly enjoyed it and just aren't telling yourself you enjoyed it. If so, all power to you man.

Okay man, If you truly think that, that's good.

I really hope that you, SM and FP enjoyed the show. In fact, I truly hope that you honestly enjoyed it and just aren't telling yourself you enjoyed it. If so, all power to you man.
Weird projection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back