Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

You understand I'm questioning why people watched the entirety of a series they weren't enjoying?
No I don't.

Because people like Star Wars. Because people like football club.

This season was a part of the entirety of Star Wars. This season was a part of the entirety of football club.

Despite not liking the outcomes of this season, it is watched because of the wider context of Star Wars. Despite not liking the outcomes of this season, it is watched because of the wider context of football club.

No I don't.

Because people like Star Wars. Because people like football club.

This season was a part of the entirety of Star Wars. This season was a part of the entirety of football club.

Despite not liking the outcomes of this season, it is watched because of the wider context of Star Wars. Despite not liking the outcomes of this season, it is watched because of the wider context of football club.
This is a bit sad mate.

Yoda can feel a disturbance in the force when Anaakin slaughters the Sand People but doesn't feel anything when 5 Jedi get slaughtered by a dark side user?

I counted 11 dead Jedi. Trinity, Torbin, the Wookie, Sol, Yord, Jecki, plus 5 red shirts. But Yoda is not aware!

He was just inserted as a cheap trick that he might be in a season 2. Hopefully that doesn't happen. These awful writers haven't earned the right to include Yoda in their bullshit interpretation of Star Wars.

I counted 11 dead Jedi. Trinity, Torbin, the Wookie, Sol, Yord, Jecki, plus 5 red shirts. But Yoda is not aware!

He was just inserted as a cheap trick that he might be in a season 2. Hopefully that doesn't happen. These awful writers haven't earned the right to include Yoda in their bullshit interpretation of Star Wars.
Use of the term red shirts, particular in the context of Jedi, should have been a massive red flag.

With the character Mog I was thinking they must have said to him, "You're a Jedi but a really pathetic one, and we'll give you really bad hair to make to you look ridiculous" (like we did with Torbin).

But no, they just said "Wear this Jedi outfit and play yourself".

View attachment 2055018

SM endorsed, guys. If you don't like the entirety of a season, you shouldn't have been watching the footy.

Wut? I thought you were repeating my question back at me. I thought you meant season as in season of a show. You're a weird dude.

It's already been done to death, but if we're following the Star Wars = a sporting team and therefore you must watch all of its content and hate the majority of it because apparently you've signed up to a life of watching new SW content for.. reasons, then watching a show you don't like would be akin to experiencing a bad loss. So for example the Swans lost to St Kilda a fortnight ago. While watching the game I was annoyed about it and I expressed frustration. When the game ended, you might bitch and moan about it for a few days, and then you move on to the next week and hope that the team can bounce back. I didn't come back week after week to go on about the loss to St Kilda. I didn't go back 5 years later and go on about that annoying loss. I consigned it to the history books. Which is why I said to FBI he watched the whole show despite hating it, he complained about it, and now it's over, why stick around still bitching and moaning about it? Why do you think it's healthy to do so?

Do you think the creators of Disney are reading your posts and will make note of them to improve future shows? Or do you just have that much pent up frustration and dislike for the material that you have weeks worth of complaints? At what point do you consider just going back to watch the original movies you enjoyed and ignore anything new you dislike?

Last edited:
Wut? I thought you were repeating my question back at me. I thought you meant season as in season of a show. You're a weird dude.

It's already been done to death, but if we're following the Star Wars = a sporting team and therefore you must watch all of its content and hate the majority of it because apparently you've signed up to a life of watching new SW content for.. reasons, then watching a show you don't like would be akin to experiencing a bad loss. So for example the Swans lost to St Kilda a fortnight ago. While watching the game I was annoyed about it and I expressed frustration. When the game ended, you might bitch and moan about it for a few days, and then you move on to the next week and hope that the team can bounce back. I didn't come back week after week to go on about the loss to St Kilda. I didn't go back 5 years later and go on about that annoying loss. I consigned it to the history books. Which is why I said to FBI he watched the whole show despite hating it, he complained about it, and now it's over, why stick around still bitching and moaning about it? Why do you think it's healthy to do so?

Do you think the creators of Disney are reading your posts and will make note of them to improve future shows? Or do you just have that much pent up frustration and dislike for the material that you have weeks worth of complaints? At what point do you consider just going back to watch the original movies you enjoyed and ignore anything new you dislike?
No one is saying Star Wars = a sporting team. You understood that Kelly was not saying that Star Wars = a restaurant weeks ago.

In this context, if you watched 8 losses in a row you would probably be annoyed/frustrated/angry after all of those results.

You imply it is acceptable to bitch and moan for days after a loss. If an Acolyte episode release is a loss (it is), it is still only days since the last loss occurred.

Yes, I think that Walt Disney himself is reading my posts and will go back in time 5 years to stop the Acolyte from being greenlit.

Maybe you're just trying to be helpful by telling people not to say things or watch things or to only watch certain things but have you considered not being a campaigner?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one is saying Star Wars = a sporting team. You understood that Kelly was not saying that Star Wars = a restaurant weeks ago.

In this context, if you watched 8 losses in a row you would probably be annoyed/frustrated/angry after all of those results.

You imply it is acceptable to bitch and moan for days after a loss. If an Acolyte episode release is a loss (it is), it is still only days since the last loss occurred.

Yes, I think that Walt Disney himself is reading my posts and will go back in time 5 years to stop the Acolyte from being greenlit.

Maybe you're just trying to be helpful by telling people not to say things or watch things or to only watch certain things but have you considered not being a campaigner?

Think only one of us is being a campaigner and it's not the one trying to discuss a show they enjoyed and suggesting people who didn't like it to move on with their lives. Might be the one who has entered into the discussion in bad faith and has gone hunting for a series of 'gotcha' moments that seem to include fixating on just how many minutes of a kids animated show I watched, and whether I liked a post about a restaurant analogy.

Glad we agree that comparing Star Wars to a sporting team is silly though. Perhaps we can move on now.

**** it's simple. You follow something because you're a fan of it. When the owners of that something put out shit product the fans are entitled to a) cease purchasing that product, b) bitch and moan about the product while continuing to purchase the product, c) highlight the flaws in the product in hope or as a way to encourage the owner of the product to improve the product, d) continue purchasing product because they still enjoy the product despite acknowledging flaws.

The bottom line is ...all the fans of that product are entitled to act in whichever way they feel best and no one has the right to lecture others with some simplified platitude like "youre not a real fan so go away" or "stop criticizing it".

Another analogy one could use is EA Sports = Disney, and content like say the Madden NFL IP being SW....just one IP of many different video game IPs EA controls like Disney controls many other different IPs. Anyway, Madden has been terrible for many years, monopoly on NFL, lazy product....fans of Madden/NFL video gaming have similarly acted in various ways....boycotting Madden, bitching moaning, continuing to buy because no other option, taken up channels (like youtube) to pressure EA into improving Madden thru heavy criticism, etc.

All analogies are relevant. There isn't a moral high ground. All of you have a right to your opinions (good or bad). But what's worst is anyone who says....go away, or, can't admit when wrong about something (big or small). Either of those two things is the height of immaturity.

Think only one of us is being a campaigner and it's not the one trying to discuss a show they enjoyed and suggesting people who didn't like it to move on with their lives. Might be the one who has entered into the discussion in bad faith and has gone hunting for a series of 'gotcha' moments that seem to include fixating on just how many minutes of a kids animated show I watched, and whether I liked a post about a restaurant analogy.

Glad we agree that comparing Star Wars to a sporting team is silly though. Perhaps we can move on now.
You haven't suggested. You've told.

You're consistently inconsistent.
  1. You like a post where the Star Wars is compared to a restaurant. Then you are deliberately not or incapable of understanding the comparison of Star Wars to a football club/team.
  2. You don't comment on a show you never watched. But you did watch it. But then only 5 minutes.
  3. You are +50% in post numbers to the next highest poster in this thread but then tell people they shouldn't post just because they hold a different view on the topic.
  4. You tell people not to engage with things that they don't like and then continue to post about not liking the complaints in the thread
No one gives a **** what you do or don't watch. No one gives a **** if you do or don't like the things that you do watch.

I didn't say comparing Star Wars to a sporting team is silly. Posting "Star Wars = sporting team" as you did is saying they are exactly the same. That is not something anyone other than you has posted. I have made comparison, not equivalence.

Last edited:
**** it's simple. You follow something because you're a fan of it. When the owners of that something put out shit product the fans are entitled to a) cease purchasing that product, b) bitch and moan about the product while continuing to purchase the product, c) highlight the flaws in the product in hope or as a way to encourage the owner of the product to improve the product, d) continue purchasing product because they still enjoy the product despite acknowledging flaws.

The bottom line is ...all the fans of that product are entitled to act in whichever way they feel best and no one has the right to lecture others with some simplified platitude like "youre not a real fan so go away" or "stop criticizing it".

Another analogy one could use is EA Sports = Disney, and content like say the Madden NFL IP being SW....just one IP of many different video game IPs EA controls like Disney controls many other different IPs. Anyway, Madden has been terrible for many years, monopoly on NFL, lazy product....fans of Madden/NFL video gaming have similarly acted in various ways....boycotting Madden, bitching moaning, continuing to buy because no other option, taken up channels (like youtube) to pressure EA into improving Madden thru heavy criticism, etc.

All analogies are relevant. There isn't a moral high ground. All of you have a right to your opinions (good or bad). But what's worst is anyone who says....go away, or, can't admit when wrong about something (big or small). Either of those two things is the height of immaturity.
Your point a) is exactly what I've been suggesting people do. Weird.

Not sure the height of immaturity is the person realising rationally when something isn't for them, and is instead the person screaming into the void that his toy isn't being played with the way he wants it.

You haven't suggested. You've told.

You're consistently inconsistent.
  1. You like a post where the Star Wars is compared to a restaurant. Then you are deliberately not or incapable of understanding the comparison of Star Wars to a football club/team.
  2. You don't comment on a show you never watched. But you did watch it. But then only 5 minutes.
  3. You are +50% in post numbers to the next highest poster in this thread but then tell people they shouldn't post just because they hold a different view on the topic.
  4. You tell people not to engage with things that they don't like and then continue to post about not liking the complaints in the thread
No one gives a ** what you do or don't watch. No one gives a ** if you do or don't like the things that you do watch.

I didn't say comparing Star Wars to a sporting team is silly. Posting "Star Wars = sporting team" as you did is saying they are exactly the same. That is not something anyone other than you has posted. I have made comparison, not equivalence.
I'm saying the comparison is silly, but I'm not doing this again with you. Sorry if that's me "telling" not suggesting.

Not a quote from the article, but the logic:

The kyber crystal was exposed because Sol's lightsaber was broken.

Exposed because Sol's lightsaber was broken.

Sol's lightsaber was broken.

Lightsaber was broken.

The broken lightsaber:

View attachment 2055006

The Acolyte is a very well devised, written and executed show.

Could have just so easily been explained as - "there was still good in Anakin, that's why it didn't turn red". Which we all already know

Perfect summary.

Your point a) is exactly what I've been suggesting people do. Weird.

Not sure the height of immaturity is the person realising rationally when something isn't for them, and is instead the person screaming into the void that his toy isn't being played with the way he wants it.
Bur they could b) or c) type fans. Those who are a) type fans tend to internally decide for themselves that course of action without any prompting from others, and sometimes (not all the time) without over-dramatizing that decision to other fans prior to making the decision.

The thing is, no one should be telling/suggesting others do something. It's up to them. Just like you can't suggest/tell others they actually should be enjoying The Acolyte or is a better product than what they perceive it to be....likewise they can't suggest/tell you that you should be hating The Acoyte or is a worse product than what you perceive it to be.

We all see it how we see it, and all voices have a right to be heard. Even tho the bitchers/moaners who continue to watch might wear on others, they still have a place in the auditorium of fandom. They could work on themselves but they're still entitled to their way of coping.

If I have a criticism of you it's more the refusal to admit the analogies of SW debate that went on....SW isnt a football team thing....either being deliberately obtuse to aggravate, or genuinely unable to admit being wrong about something (small).

We all have to allow ourselves to get nicked around a little in a debate, we aren't perfect, we all learn or can embrace more understanding or whatever.

Thing is, you are highly respected for your extensive knowledge of SW, and often your counter-arguments to complaints from others bring up valid points worth consideration or are downright correct.

Lord knows I'm far from good/perfect, i learn a lot from all of you. So I'm not scalding anyone here, just sometimes i might have a good observation here or there.

Bur they could b) or c) type fans. Those who are a) type fans tend to internally decide for themselves that course of action without any prompting from others, and sometimes (not all the time) without over-dramatizing that decision to other fans prior to making the decision.

The thing is, no one should be telling/suggesting others do something. It's up to them. Just like you can't suggest/tell others they actually should be enjoying The Acolyte or is a better product than what they perceive it to be....likewise they can't suggest/tell you that you should be hating The Acoyte or is a worse product than what you perceive it to be.

We all see it how we see it, and all voices have a right to be heard. Even tho the bitchers/moaners who continue to watch might wear on others, they still have a place in the auditorium of fandom. They could work on themselves but they're still entitled to their way of coping.

If I have a criticism of you it's more the refusal to admit the analogies of SW debate that went on....SW isnt a football team thing....either being deliberately obtuse to aggravate, or genuinely unable to admit being wrong about something (small).

We all have to allow ourselves to get nicked around a little in a debate, we aren't perfect, we all learn or can embrace more understanding or whatever.

Thing is, you are highly respected for your extensive knowledge of SW, and often your counter-arguments to complaints from others bring up valid points worth consideration or are downright correct.

Lord knows I'm far from good/perfect, i learn a lot from all of you. So I'm not scalding anyone here, just sometimes i might have a good observation here or there.

I understand what you're trying to convey, and in a previous post I even referred to my own behaviour in regards to THR books being similar somewhat to people's constant complaining in here about the show. But all I, and others, have suggested to people, particularly now that the show has ended and they STILL weren't satisfied, is that the complaints have been heard and written, there's not exactly anything new for them to say on their complaints, and it may be worthwhile just moving on to the next show they're interested in.

As it stands, there's now several pages of bickering over whether an analogy is right or wrong, rather than discussing the actual show.

I understand what you're trying to convey, and in a previous post I even referred to my own behaviour in regards to THR books being similar somewhat to people's constant complaining in here about the show. But all I, and others, have suggested to people, particularly now that the show has ended and they STILL weren't satisfied, is that the complaints have been heard and written, there's not exactly anything new for them to say on their complaints, and it may be worthwhile just moving on to the next show they're interested in.

As it stands, there's now several pages of bickering over whether an analogy is right or wrong, rather than discussing the actual show.
We're all at fault equally for that. Let's be better and debate better. I enjoy all POVs on the actual show The Acolyte, if we can generally stick to that more than senseless bickering, that'd be nice. At times it can't be helped, bickering will happen, as long as we right the ship again all is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back