Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the people writing it thought more about the actors race than the characters story. I've explained this a hundred times and you still can't grasp this simple concept.
Because it's Idiotic.

Because the people writing it thought more about the actors race than the characters story. I've explained this a hundred times and you still can't grasp this simple concept.
You could explain it a hundred more times and it would still be laughable nonsense.

Why are you so focused on the actors race?

It’s amazing how often the problem is female Jedi, black stormtroopers, black Inquisitors, black female Force users, ‘lezzo witches’ (as so eloquently put in this thread). Not for nefarious reasons, obviously, just unlucky.

Jodie Turner-Smith was easily the best actor in Acolyte. Moses Ingram was cringe as Lady Macbeth but then worse as Reva. Rebecca Henderson is like a plank of wood. The problem with the Disney SW shows is not the skin colour or sexuality of the actors. It's about the poor directing, writing and acting.

The number of reports regarding this thread (and frankly every Star Wars off shoot) is ridiculous. I don’t mean that as a shot at the reports (they are always welcome and appreciated) I mean it in the trolly, race baiting, weak critique comments.

Cut it out or you’ll be thread banned or given a holiday.

I'm not. Disney are
Leslye Headland Hopes the Force Is With ‘The Acolyte’
Headland’s show, “The Acolyte,” will debut on Disney+ on June 4. Costing roughly $180 million (for eight episodes) and taking four years to make, it attempts two feats at once: pleasing old-school “Star Wars” fans — who can seem unpleasable — while telling an entirely new story, one that requires no prior knowledge of “Star Wars” and that showcases women and people of color.

I couldn't care less who or what kind of people play roles in Star Wars, as long as hamfisted social messaging doesn't work it's way in. Thus far I have only thought that has happened in Episode 8.

Anyway, watched episode 2, was also decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a common theme with the Disney SW characters. They don't face the consequences for their evil/stupid actions.

Reva kills Jedis, women and children but has a moment of redemption that seemingly excuses it all.

Sabine Wren makes stupid, selfish decisions that result in Thrawn escaping his exile and all the possibly millions of subsequent deaths from that.

Mae kills several Jedis because she she's a psychopath but has her memory magically mind wiped.

There's a common theme with the Disney SW characters. They don't face the consequences for their evil/stupid actions.

Reva kills Jedis, women and children but has a moment of redemption that seemingly excuses it all.

Sabine Wren makes stupid, selfish decisions that result in Thrawn escaping his exile and all the possibly millions of subsequent deaths from that.

Mae kills several Jedis because she she's a psychopath but has her memory magically mind wiped.
Not sure that’s exclusive to Disney.

Obi Wan should have finished off Anakin but left him to live and cause the death of how many millions?

And finally in the end he chucks Palpatine to his not death and we all pretty much forgive him.

I couldn't care less who or what kind of people play roles in Star Wars, as long as hamfisted social messaging doesn't work it's way in. Thus far I have only thought that has happened in Episode 8.

Anyway, watched episode 2, was also decent.
Damn near every movie and story ever told has social messaging get over it and again, stop brining it up.

Sol killed Oshas mother and got killed for it. Wait that doesn't suit your point..

Obi Wan should have finished off Anakin but left him to live and cause the death of how many millions?

And finally in the end he chucks Palpatine to his not death and we all pretty much forgive him.
1. That's indirect. Obi Wan didn't directly kill the people, Anakin did.

2. Vader/Anakin ends up sacrificing himself and dying during that process.

Reva lives
Sabine lives
Mae lives

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Anakin is saving Luke, not killing Sidious.

I want a novel that incorporates Sol now. One of my favourite new characters.

They've announced novels detailing Vernestra's and Indara's backstory as well as one detailing Yord and Jecki which is good to see. Not many novels tying into shows so clearly this is seen as a rich and deep enough time period and cast to delve into them.

They've announced novels detailing Vernestra's and Indara's backstory as well as one detailing Yord and Jecki which is good to see. Not many novels tying into shows so clearly this is seen as a rich and deep enough time period and cast to delve into them.
Just googled it, one adult novel, one YA novel and a bunch of comic news. My only issue with this cover is the use of the word Acolyte in the title. Mae/Osha was the acolyte, this is set 20 years before and has nothing to do with the acolyte's story, should just be called Wayseeker, with a line about featuring Vernestra from the Acolyte.

1722217663497.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back