Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Just googled it, one adult novel, one YA novel and a bunch of comic news. My only issue with this cover is the use of the word Acolyte in the title. Mae/Osha was the acolyte, this is set 20 years before and has nothing to do with the acolyte's story, should just be called Wayseeker, with a line about featuring Vernestra from the Acolyte.

View attachment 2062431

I think the cover's not final (think it says that on the image :p ) but may end up using the moniker "The Path to The Acolyte" or whatever they used for similar tie in stuff to the ST. Like that Leia Princess of Alderaan book tying into TLJ because she visited Crait.

So astute is Robot Head. Critique of a middle episode as he goes along a little late thru each episode.

People will complain about his anti-woke statements, but looking beyond those to just the practical criticisms of the story/writing is valid.

Hahaha, the most satisfying thing about this show is its cancellation.

I said earlier in this thread it would be embarrassingly naïve for them to end on a cliffhanger on the presumption they got a second series and that's exactly what they did.

Bravo LucasFilm, another one bites the dust.

I would’ve liked to see the story continue in some shape or form. Whilst it may not be a direct “season 2 of Acolyte”, that’s surely not the last we’ve seen of say the Qmir character, Plageuis and so on. Spin-offs perhaps.

There’s some good core elements within this that certainly warrants additional content in the future in my opinion.

Hopefully, Lucasfilm produce something so woke the whingers will finally **** off once and for all rather than telling everyone they won't watch it while watching it and loudly telling everyone how much it offends them. Then they can just focus on telling Star Wars stories.
Can you take your discussion of wokeism to the appropriate thread.

The biggest concern for Lucasfilm would be the tweet buried in that story. Each new Star Wars show's finale has ranked lower than the one before it since Book of Boba Fett (first Obi-Wan, then Andor, Ahsoka, Acolyte and I would not be surprised to see Skeleton Crew drop again). Given Book of Boba Fett is easily the worst of these shows, Andor the best, it tends to suggest a general malaise with Star Wars content rather than each show being judged on its merits. They might want to ease off the TV content in the same way the eased off film content.

The biggest concern for Lucasfilm would be the tweet buried in that story. Each new Star Wars show's finale has ranked lower than the one before it since Book of Boba Fett (first Obi-Wan, then Andor, Ahsoka, Acolyte and I would not be surprised to see Skeleton Crew drop again). Given Book of Boba Fett is easily the worst of these shows, Andor the best, it tends to suggest a general malaise with Star Wars content rather than each show being judged on its merits. They might want to ease off the TV content in the same way the eased off film content.
Acolyte is easily the worst of these shows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully, Lucasfilm produce something so woke the whingers will finally **** off once and for all rather than telling everyone they won't watch it while watching it and loudly telling everyone how much it offends them. Then they can just focus on telling Star Wars stories.
I don’t get this.

You hope that people who are actually still watching and contributing to a dwindling viewership, drop off, so they can make Star Wars stories?

If that was the case, there will be no Star Wars for anyone.

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I don’t get this.

You hope that people who are actually still watching and contributing to a dwindling viewership, drop off, so they can make Star Wars stories?

They've lost like 95% of their audience and Jack wants to double down on it.
Star Wars fans are the worst.

They've lost like 95% of their audience and Jack wants to double down on it.
Jack won't be happy until 'Star Wars' fans is just him and Rian Johnson sitting in a room thinking of ways to fk up more legacy characters.

Rian: "What if, stay with me, what if Obi Wan was actually a slave owner on Tatooine in his exile as Ben Kenobi, you know - it like subverts your expectation and echoes Anakins rise from Slavery with Obi Wan's fall into slavery, like how all men are corrupt"

JackOutback: "Rian, you've done it again".

I don’t get this.

The people I'm referring to aren't contributing anything of value. Ever since TFA was announced and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were bombarded with sexist and racist abuse, there is a sub-group of fans pre-judging content based on whether a woman is shepherding the project, starring in it, whether people of other races are represented, then hate watching it, review bombing it, and trying to make you think they speak for everyone. They are vile and Star Wars will be better off when they are gone and the next generation can watch it for what it is. And yes, if that means Star Wars stories have to disappear from our screens for a while, so be it. I've lived through fallow periods, Star Wars won't die, but it will benefit from clearing out what is currently the most toxic fandom running around.

r/selfawarewolves

The people I'm referring to aren't contributing anything of value. Ever since TFA was announced and Daisy Ridley and John Boyega were bombarded with sexist and racist abuse, there is a sub-group of fans pre-judging content based on whether a woman is shepherding the project, starring in it, whether people of other races are represented, then hate watching it, review bombing it, and trying to make you think they speak for everyone. They are vile and Star Wars will be better off when they are gone and the next generation can watch it for what it is. And yes, if that means Star Wars stories have to disappear from our screens for a while, so be it. I've lived through fallow periods, Star Wars won't die, but it will benefit from clearing out what is currently the most toxic fandom running around.

r/selfawarewolves
Let’s not kid ourselves, they are contributing something of value and the only thing that Disney really cares about, dollars.

I agree that the anti-woke crew are cringe, not just in Star Wars but all facets of life. Having said that, I don’t believe they are the reason this show isn’t being renewed. It had decent bones but was executed poorly and only started to hit it straps when it was too late.

Let’s not kid ourselves, they are contributing something of value and the only thing that Disney really cares about, dollars.

I agree that the anti-woke crew are cringe, not just in Star Wars but all facets of life. Having said that, I don’t believe they are the reason this show isn’t being renewed. It had decent bones but was executed poorly and only started to hit it straps when it was too late.
The benefit they bring as one additional viewer is surely outweighed by the negative discourse they create around Star Wars. Every new piece of content is now reported as being 'divisive' by the media when it's largely just a small bunch of loud whiners. I agree it's not getting cancelled specifically for this reason, it's getting cancelled because the metrics aren't adding up, but as demonstrated by that tweet mentioned above, the metrics are dropping with every new show not because the content is dropping (Andor was the best thing they have done, Ahsoka was poor, Acolyte was better but not great) but because there is a malaise around Star Wars that isn't helped by the discourse. We've had Leslye Headland described as 'a creature' in this thread because she was passionate about Star Wars and dared to make a show, the abuse Kathleen Kennedy cops is absurd while Dave Filoni gets a pass on everything.

Let's just say it's easier to cancel the Acolyte and avoid the nasty discourse next time round while pumping out additional seasons of shows with less potential but destined to face less criticism. But that way leads to even more malaise, poorer quality and a more drawn out death of Star Wars.

The benefit they bring as one additional viewer is surely outweighed by the negative discourse they create around Star Wars. Every new piece of content is now reported as being 'divisive' by the media when it's largely just a small bunch of loud whiners. I agree it's not getting cancelled specifically for this reason, it's getting cancelled because the metrics aren't adding up, but as demonstrated by that tweet mentioned above, the metrics are dropping with every new show not because the content is dropping (Andor was the best thing they have done, Ahsoka was poor, Acolyte was better but not great) but because there is a malaise around Star Wars that isn't helped by the discourse. We've had Leslye Headland described as 'a creature' in this thread because she was passionate about Star Wars and dared to make a show, the abuse Kathleen Kennedy cops is absurd while Dave Filoni gets a pass on everything.

Let's just say it's easier to cancel the Acolyte and avoid the nasty discourse next time round while pumping out additional seasons of shows with less potential but destined to face less criticism. But that way leads to even more malaise, poorer quality and a more drawn out death of Star Wars.
This is a completely deluded take. If anything the opposite is true. All publicity is good publicity and the "divisive" rhetoric is no doubt driving more dollars to Disney than if they didn't have it. The Acolyte is cancelled not because of any "divisive" rhetoric but because, even with the number of people hate watching it, there still weren't enough people watching it, because it was terrible, dull and non-sensical.

The Acolyte was very poorly written. It's predictable that the makers blame the 'nasty discourse' rather than own up to their own failings. The show hasn't been cancelled to avoid future criticism. It was because it was shite and people stopped watching it. Or it was so bad that people were watching it for the lolz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back