Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Disney just need to build and flesh out The Old Republic cinematics. Not these woke character npc designs, actually follow and invest in your production. Continue writing the dialogue, in the language of Star Wars or at least to an quality level.

$180m budget where is it going towards in terms of the overall series? doesn't seem it's going anywhere meaningful other than the pockets of the suits.

Disney just need to build and flesh out The Old Republic cinematics. Not these woke character npc designs, actually follow and invest in your production. Continue writing the dialogue, in the language of Star Wars or at least to an quality level.

$180m budget where is it going towards in terms of the overall series? doesn't seem it's going anywhere meaningful other than the pockets of the suits.
A lot went to Lesley Headlands wife.

Hopefully, Lucasfilm produce something so woke the whingers will finally **** off once and for all rather than telling everyone they won't watch it while watching it and loudly telling everyone how much it offends them. Then they can just focus on telling Star Wars stories.
I think the problem is they didn't actually watch it.

Disney don't care about haters, as long as someone is watching.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I think the problem is they didn't actually watch it.

Disney don't care about haters, as long as someone is watching.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
The problem is they produce shit and then attack the fans for not liking it. Then beg the fans to watch it and throw a tantrum when it gets cancelled. It's a bizzarre way to go about it.

The funny thing to me is they may have canceled the show, but the thread will still be going forever. LOL.

I mean, the threads only revived because of the news, it's not as if it's been non-stop since the show finished.

The funny thing to me is they may have canceled the show, but the thread will still be going forever. LOL.
During the season this thread was actually more entertaining than the show

One thing I do think Disney needs to reconsider is the week to week release schedule. That was particularly important at the beginning of Disney+ when they wanted people to sign up beyond a trial period but the product is pretty established now. One complaint I heard was that the third episode halted momentum and that there should not have been two flashback episodes in an eight episode series. I found both the flashback episodes to be quite interesting and the different points of view a nice touch but then I watched the whole show in less than a week. Perhaps more serialised storytelling simply lends itself to series release .

One thing I do think Disney needs to reconsider is the week to week release schedule. That was particularly important at the beginning of Disney+ when they wanted people to sign up beyond a trial period but the product is pretty established now. One complaint I heard was that the third episode halted momentum and that there should not have been two flashback episodes in an eight episode series. I found both the flashback episodes to be quite interesting and the different points of view a nice touch but then I watched the whole show in less than a week. Perhaps more serialised storytelling simply lends itself to series release .
I watched Ahsoka in one weekend and didn't mind it and had posters in here saying that it was awful and people hated it on release - which I think was as a result of it being released weekly, so agree.

Weekly releases are wonderful when the show is good, and you have the ability to dissect it, break it down, stew in it, think of theories for what will happen next etc etc. Game of Thrones, House of Dragon, Breaking Bad, True Detective etc etc all benefit from the extended release schedule.

But i agree if your show if pretty average, dumping it all out in one go can paper over the cracks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

I watched Ahsoka in one weekend and didn't mind it and had posters in here saying that it was awful and people hated it on release - which I think was as a result of it being released weekly, so agree.

Weekly releases are wonderful when the show is good, and you have the ability to dissect it, break it down, stew in it, think of theories for what will happen next etc etc. Game of Thrones, House of Dragon, Breaking Bad, True Detective etc etc all benefit from the extended release schedule.

But i agree if your show if pretty average, dumping it all out in one go can paper over the cracks.

So no source for your dumb claim?

I started watching a week ago. Thought the first two episodes were really good! Checked some reviews online and couldn't believe the hate it was getting.

... Halfway through the third episode and now I understand completely.
Just laughing out loud now at how stupid this ****in' thing is. Does it get worse?

Last edited:
I started watching a week ago. Thought the first two episodes were really good! Checked some reviews online and couldn't believe the hate it was getting.

... Halfway through the third episode now and now I understand completely.
Just laughing out loud now at how stupid this ****in' thing is. Does it get worse?
Third ep is maybe the weakest.

... Halfway through the third episode now and now I understand completely.
It doesn't get any better. Doesn't get much worse though.

Watched it recently. I liked it. Wasn’t great but better than Boba Fett and Ahsoka and Mando S3 imo. A pity it isn’t getting a second season, especially considering the two big cameos near the end.
It's a shame a story outside of the skywalker period has failed.
I haven't watched ashooshka or mando or whatever, a bit bored of all that.

My fave stories outside of the original trilogy is KOTOR hands down.

It's a shame a story outside of the skywalker period has failed.
I haven't watched ashooshka or mando or whatever, a bit bored of all that.

My fave stories outside of the original trilogy is KOTOR hands down.

Stick with this and see what you make of it, there's an episode that's basically a non-stop lightsaber battle so at least get to there before deciding whether you don't like it or not.

Dumping this in one go would have killed it in under a day.

This is hilarious.. asks the question: what do Star Wars fans even want out of Star Wars.

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious but they talk around and around the issue, never raising it because they can't possibly comprehend that they're part of the issue.

This is hilarious.. asks the question: what do Star Wars fans even want out of Star Wars.

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious but they talk around and around the issue, never raising it because they can't possibly comprehend that they're part of the issue.
You do a pretty good job of talking a lot around the issue without answering questions either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back