Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

This is hilarious.. asks the question: what do Star Wars fans even want out of Star Wars.

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious but they talk around and around the issue, never raising it because they can't possibly comprehend that they're part of the issue.
Article in there about Lando series being shelved.

This is hilarious.. asks the question: what do Star Wars fans even want out of Star Wars.

I think the answer to that is pretty obvious but they talk around and around the issue, never raising it because they can't possibly comprehend that they're part of the issue.

Nerdrotic's latest video highlights several Hollywood producers saying that using shows to platform a social message was more important that entertaining the audience.

Don't Star Wars fans just want good story telling? The Acolyte failed miserably on that score.

It seems that the bottom line has intervened to curtail a season 2. What a shame so much money was wasted on this show when it could have been spent on something good.

Nerdrotic's latest video highlights several Hollywood producers saying that using shows to platform a social message was more important that entertaining the audience.

Don't Star Wars fans just want good story telling? The Acolyte failed miserably on that score.

It seems that the bottom line has intervened to curtail a season 2. What a shame so much money was wasted on this show when it could have been spent on something good.
This has been known for a while. I think driven by the streaming era. Streaming changed content creation. Pre-streaming the focus was getting eyeballs and entertaining the audience. Television and paid television made money, and were designed to do so.

Then streaming came along, and the VC, angel investor crowd came in and said we don't care about your profit margins, we just want you to grow, build your catalogue, it doesn't matter if the numbers don't make up because debt is free (was) and we can keep throwing money at hail Mary's. No one is making money on streaming so it doesn't matter if your show fails because you put in a social message that society doesn't agree with. Plus it ticks the box we need for our next VC investment or to apply for awards from x and y institution.

This is the only explanation for why these Lucas Film creatives aren't asked to face the music on their intentional sabotage of Star Wars stories.

I'm not really up to date with the Star Wars universe but got real "stolen generation" vibes from Episode 3? Bunch of people rock up and take the black kids away because it's for their own good. Whole thing was just weird, like the witches are "we can't stop the Jedi from taking padawan". Really? Why not. That doesn't make sense to me at all lol.

I'm not really up to date with the Star Wars universe but got real "stolen generation" vibes from Episode 3? Bunch of people rock up and take the black kids away because it's for their own good. Whole thing was just weird, like the witches are "we can't stop the Jedi from taking padawan". Really? Why not. That doesn't make sense to me at all lol.
Did you like when the mother decided the Jedi could take Osha so she turned into a demon to tell them?

Did you like when the mother decided the Jedi could take Osha so she turned into a demon to tell them?
LMAO I don't even remember that happening, I was probably on my phone posting on bigfooty at the time lol.

Whole episode tilted me. The bit we're they're running through the temple or whatever and there's like these spot fires and all these dead bodies around I was like "how are these people dead? What killed them?" There's not even enough of a fire for smoke inhalation.

Edit: read summaries of later episodes, I think they show this scene from another perspective so hopefully it makes sense later.

LMAO I don't even remember that happening, I was probably on my phone posting on bigfooty at the time lol.

Whole episode tilted me. The bit we're they're running through the temple or whatever and there's like these spot fires and all these dead bodies around I was like "how are these people dead? What killed them?" There's not even enough of a fire for smoke inhalation.

Edit: read summaries of later episodes, I think they show this scene from another perspective so hopefully it makes sense later.
Thought you were further ahead. The mum turning demon is in the diff perspective ep.

DERP.png
I don't have jedi mind-reading ability but I'm fairly sure the lady on the left is wondering the ****'s going on with that dude's head lmao. Dunno if it's suppose to be phallic or whatever but it's pretty funny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bit where they said there was going to be an "external review" of the Jedi Council in episode 5, literally laughed out loud. I love hearing the same corporate speak I hear at work in a galaxy far, far away.

Anyway moving on, sorry for the question: but can someone please explain "Rule of Two" for me?
Like if Darth Plagenus is alive and he is Qimir's master then what's all this ****ing around with Mae and Osha.
Qimir needs to kill Plagulous before he can have his own apprentice right?

The bit where they said there was going to be an "external review" of the Jedi Council in episode 5, literally laughed out loud. I love hearing the same corporate speak I hear at work in a galaxy far, far away.

Anyway moving on, sorry for the question: but can someone please explain "Rule of Two" for me?
Like if Darth Plagenus is alive and he is Qimir's master then what's all this ****ing around with Mae and Osha.
I think usually they train an unofficial apprentice in secret to overthrow the master. Like dooku with ventress.

They'll explain all that in season 2.

I think usually they train an unofficial apprentice in secret to overthrow the master. Like dooku with ventress.

That's what I was expecting to see in S2.

Would've made an interesting story.

So yeah just finished a one and done look, kind of on par with Book of Bacta for me as it just, the past was coherent the present was a $5 burger that had been in the trash and fished back out.

There's just waaay too much suspension of disbelief for things to have happened that you just can't believe half of what does, as it then comes off as absurd.

Also, I was promised a demon in snippets I read here to figure out when it had ended, and they pulled a damned galactus smoke machine job instead.
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

You lot let me down massively with that commentary. A bit like those writers let down that show massively as that was poor narrative for the most part.

So yeah just finished a one and done look, kind of on par with Book of Bacta for me as it just, the past was coherent the present was a $5 burger that had been in the trash and fished back out.

There's just waaay too much suspension of disbelief for things to have happened that you just can't believe half of what does, as it then comes off as absurd.

Also, I was promised a demon in snippets I read here to figure out when it had ended, and they pulled a damned galactus smoke machine job instead.
Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

You lot let me down massively with that commentary. A bit like those writers let down that show massively as that was poor narrative for the most part.
You may have been disappointed but members of the smoke demon community felt seen and represented. And that's what Star Wars is really about.

I mean I'm all for social messaging, representation etc. but it does seem very tokenistic and it needs to serve the story. The lesbian coven making force babies was plain stupid IMO.

Also a bit hard to take Disney seriously with all of this after the way they erased Kelly Tran's character in the sequel trilogyy, and having Harvey Rapestein's apparently-innocent assistant helming the show doesn't help either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back