Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

never watched it and won't. my perspective is from someone outside the star wars content universe.

does the sheer amount of content created under certain banners (you can substitute marvel, most franchises) dictate that the typewriter monkeys shit out something acceptable eventually anyway? rather than viewing the death of a franchise through one show, it's quite possible the breadth of shows contribute to its existence. they only need to create various fans' ideas of a 'good show' every now and then to string everyone along. the audience is captive, and they can generate turds that appeal to certain fan factions knowing that the rest of the fans will just wait. rinse and repeat so the dollar spenders tune in, in hope. this is the way they capture a wide audience, by sharing the offerings across content.

Last edited:
I've long been an advocate for "less is more" and the sheer volume of content is killing these franchises. I can't even fathom trying to get my daughter into star wars with the hundreds of hours of content now.

As an aside, as someone who is not well-versed in the SW universe I searched YouTube for Acolyte reviews and breakdowns etc. to understand the lore a bit better...

Holy shit what a right-wing cesspit that site is lmao. So many Star Wars grifters making money from ripping into the franchise, I dunno if Disney is making money from their last few SW shows but there sure are a lot of dickheads capitalising on it.

I mean I'm all for social messaging, representation etc. but it does seem very tokenistic and it needs to serve the story. The lesbian coven making force babies was plain stupid IMO.

Also a bit hard to take Disney seriously with all of this after the way they erased Kelly Tran's character in the sequel trilogyy, and having Harvey Rapestein's apparently-innocent assistant helming the show doesn't help either.

I didn't mind the witches part, ending to it sucked as it was way forced, but the general gist, that's fine.

I mean, they even name drop the nightsisters as it's you know, the people are stupid so they need to see just females and also get spoken word on what is the meaning behind it that the writers wish to convey.

But nah, witches cast a spell and the force went "congrats". That checks out as things be forced and witches force spells through contractual means.
That a Zabrak made 2 human females though, press F to doubt, unicorn one FFS, you already had one fo the only competent Jedi in makeup, add a friend that wasn't a neoptism hire.

I've long been an advocate for "less is more" and the sheer volume of content is killing these franchises. I can't even fathom trying to get my daughter into star wars with the hundreds of hours of content now.
Yup. Being disconnected from the Skywalker story made the Acolyte really interesting for me, I didn't feel like I needed to know anything going into it.

I avoid Marvel for that reason, all the TV shows and movies being interconnected is just overwhelming, which is annoying because I really like comic movies otherwise.

Last edited:
Episode three was such a momentum killer, struggling to get back on the horse.

Anyway all this talk about Star Wars fans hating everything and not liking things that are different is proper gaslighting and propaganda, it completely ignored how well received Andor is and how much season two is anticipated.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Episode three was such a momentum killer, struggling to get back on the horse.

Anyway all this talk about Star Wars fans hating everything and not liking things that are different is proper gaslighting and propaganda, it completely ignored how well received Andor is and how much season two is anticipated.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Wasn't it one of the lowest rating shows?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked you several questions which you blanked.
About Headlands wife salary? that information is not public (which of course its not, or else it would be pretty bad corruption / money laundering or whatever it was that caused Disney to hire her and pay her inordinate amounts, as we can only assume given the budget of the show, someone at Disney must owe Weintstein's assistant some hush money) - so i don't have a rolled gold source for you know. But that's modern life, if it goes against the narrative there won't be a source for it, because the internet is dead.

About Headlands wife salary? that information is not public (which of course its not, or else it would be pretty bad corruption / money laundering or whatever it was that caused Disney to hire her and pay her inordinate amounts, as we can only assume given the budget of the show, someone at Disney must owe Weintstein's assistant some hush money) - so i don't have a rolled gold source for you know. But that's modern life, if it goes against the narrative there won't be a source for it, because the internet is dead.

If there's not a source for it there's a reasonable chance it's a baseless accusation. Which, you know, it was.

If there's not a source for it there's a reasonable chance it's a baseless accusation. Which, you know, it was.
Baseless other than logic... I know the world is pretty bereft of logic - the Acolyte's storyboarding being evidence of that, but I on the other hand am not.

Two seasons of Andor were greenlit. The execs could always change their minds but they might be looking at the final episode getting 674 million viewer minutes and an IMDB score of 9.1. It bodes well for interest in a second season. By comparison The Acolyte final episode had 335 million viewer minutes and an IMDB score of 5.2.

The Mandalorian smashed it in terms of viewing figures. Baby Yoda with simplistic plots was always going to appeal to kids and their families. Andor was aimed at a more mature audience but still got good numbers. I'm not sure what audience The Acolyte was aiming for. But as has been said a hundred times before, the show's main problem was that it was so badly written.

Baseless other than logic... I know the world is pretty bereft of logic - the Acolyte's storyboarding being evidence of that, but I on the other hand am not.

You thinking because you can't identify where the budget was spent means it must have been corrupt nepotism is not logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back