Media The Action of Becoming Larger or More Extensive

Remove this Banner Ad

qxDT6de.png
Ladies and gentlemen

It’s that time of year again when haydo dusts off his annual vanity project, lures a handful of posters in secret squirrel fashion and lifts his posting activity to make people think he’s actually contributing something to this board.

That’s right, it’s expansion time!

To haydo’s credit, he actually told his co-captain this time however one of the major drawbacks of expansion in the past has been flaky posters peddling teams for their own self-interest. We’ve seen haydo’s multiple snake-themed teams, @Millky95’s Pennsylvania Vampires (what were they thinking?) and @tgrs’ West Gate Trolls. The common theme among each of these expansions has been this – none of these posters were consistently and actively contributing to the board in the couple of seasons leading up to their bids. While recent activity is not a prerequisite, BLUEALLTHRU could launch an expansion bid and it would have more credibility.

That said, there is an appetite for expansion. Posting activity is up across the board and, more importantly, the number of people contributing to match threads has remained above pre-Covid levels. While activity isn’t the be all and end all, the health of the board does rely on activity to a certain extent. Without activity, people get bored and go elsewhere for entertainment.

So consider this my application for not one but two new teams to enter Sweet FA.

d22347b90e74accf434d27fe0e7e5db2.gif

Two?!

Yep, two. The last time expansion came up in season 29, two teams were the preferred option to reduce the need for a bye as well as to not exclude teams from special rounds (eg. Heritage Round). That’s not to say we can’t put together one really good team and run a season with an odd number of teams but why not cover all bases.

Why are you doing this?

Well, If we’re going to expand, let’s do it together and let's do it right. The last expansion bids were headed by “serial quitters” and happened behind closed doors with an incommunicative admin that refused to work with the clubs. The result was one weak bid and one perceivably weak bid. As The Filth Wizard put it:

IMO it's best for the bid if they give the league as much time with them as possible before the actual bid is considered officially, hence announcement threads, image reveals etc. Build affection/emotion. With the Bears and the Warriors we knew who they were and got used to the idea - we wanted them because we knew and liked them. It's a proven method

It also helps that I’m an active contributor to the board with no skin in the game.

What do you mean by 'no skin in the game'?

Here’s the kicker – I don’t have any plans to join either team. The rules specifically preclude anyone from playing for more than one team and I’m not about to leave my current team in the lurch. These teams will truly be your teams. Sweet FA’s teams. You nominate. You recruit. You name, you design, you everything. I am merely facilitating the process.

OK, so how is this going to work?

Prospective players will sign up in this thread or by contacting me via PM. Those who sign up via PM will not have their identities revealed but their interest will be recorded discreetly in the OP so everyone can see the progress of the bids. From the pool of players collected, captains and leadership groups will form organically and they will set about filling out their rosters, naming their teams, building their identities, etc. When each team feels they are ready to move forward with their bid, it will be officially submitted to the admin for a vote by the clubs (regardless of the progress of the other bid although both may choose to launch concurrently). While some details will be decided privately by the players involved, the process will be public and everyone in the Sweet FA community will be invited to contribute to the construction of these teams.

Furthermore, I will not be initiating a single PM for this venture. If these teams are to get off the ground, it will be because you want them, not me. If they don’t get up, they don’t get up.

You're pulling the piss, right?

No. These will be serious bids built by you, the Sweet FA community.

Some basics:
  • Any new team(s) will be compliant with the rules surrounding new clubs​
  • Both teams will be based at (different) grounds in @Mobbs’ world of Sweet and adopt a name that reflects that area​
  • Neither team will sport any moniker associated with snakes​
  • Each team will have a unique identity (name, colours, jumper, etc.) from each other and existing Sweet FA clubs​

Expansion can be a touchy subject at times but the primary tenet is in the name – it should expand the league. Not just in the number of teams and names on lists but in character. Expansion affects everyone so why not let everyone participate in expansion, even if you won’t be joining a team.

Most importantly, this should be fun so let's make it so.

11A) New Clubs

Anybody wishing to enter a new side into the Sweet F.A. must apply to be admitted into the Sweet F.A. Anyone interested in applying must contact the administrator who will set out a criteria that usual includes various club details around identity/concept, required no. of players at initial and final stages, deadlines and list composition. Upon a final bid being presented, the Administrator will present the bid to Committee for voting, whereupon a majority vote of 7 will be required to accept or reject the bid/s. Should a majority verdict not be reached, the Administrator will cast the final and deciding vote.

The following is regarded as the minimum criteria for admission.
  • No club will be admitted once a season has commenced.
  • New teams must make a formal submission to the Administrator at least one month prior to the league commencing for a new season.
  • Applications can be made during a season but the new club will not be admitted until the following season.
  • Team composition must be at minimum 40% new or unlisted players
  • The recruitment of players for the incoming team must not have a material damaging effect on any existing club
  • The new club must demonstrate sustainability and intent to become a fully-functioning member of the league

Players

1. 11. 21. 31.
2. 12. 22. 32.
3. 13. 23. 33.
4. 14. 24. 34.
5. 15. 25. 35.
6. 16. 26. 36.
7. 17. 27. 37.
8. 18. 28. 38.
9. 19. 29. 39.
10. 20. 30. 40.

5DrWQ4v.png

qxDT6de.png
Ladies and gentlemen

It’s that time of year again when haydo dusts off his annual vanity project, lures a handful of posters in secret squirrel fashion and lifts his posting activity to make people think he’s actually contributing something to this board.

That’s right, it’s expansion time!

To haydo’s credit, he actually told his co-captain this time however one of the major drawbacks of expansion in the past has been flaky posters peddling teams for their own self-interest. We’ve seen haydo’s multiple snake-themed teams, @Millky95’s Pennsylvania Vampires (what were they thinking?) and @tgrs’ West Gate Trolls. The common theme among each of these expansions has been this – none of these posters were consistently and actively contributing to the board in the couple of seasons leading up to their bids. While recent activity is not a prerequisite, BLUEALLTHRU could launch an expansion bid and it would have more credibility.

That said, there is an appetite for expansion. Posting activity is up across the board and, more importantly, the number of people contributing to match threads has remained above pre-Covid levels. While activity isn’t the be all and end all, the health of the board does rely on activity to a certain extent. Without activity, people get bored and go elsewhere for entertainment.

So consider this my application for not one but two new teams to enter Sweet FA.

d22347b90e74accf434d27fe0e7e5db2.gif

Two?!

Yep, two. The last time expansion came up in season 29, two teams were the preferred option to reduce the need for a bye as well as to not exclude teams from special rounds (eg. Heritage Round). That’s not to say we can’t put together one really good team and run a season with an odd number of teams but why not cover all bases.

Why are you doing this?

Well, If we’re going to expand, let’s do it together and let's do it right. The last expansion bids were headed by “serial quitters” and happened behind closed doors with an incommunicative admin that refused to work with the clubs. The result was one weak bid and one perceivably weak bid. As The Filth Wizard put it:

It also helps that I’m an active contributor to the board with no skin in the game.

What do you mean by 'no skin in the game'?

Here’s the kicker – I don’t have any plans to join either team. The rules specifically preclude anyone from playing for more than one team and I’m not about to leave my current team in the lurch. These teams will truly be your teams. Sweet FA’s teams. You nominate. You recruit. You name, you design, you everything. I am merely facilitating the process.

OK, so how is this going to work?

Prospective players will sign up in this thread or by contacting me via PM. Those who sign up via PM will not have their identities revealed but their interest will be recorded discreetly in the OP so everyone can see the progress of the bids. From the pool of players collected, captains and leadership groups will form organically and they will set about filling out their rosters, naming their teams, building their identities, etc. When each team feels they are ready to move forward with their bid, it will be officially submitted to the admin for a vote by the clubs (regardless of the progress of the other bid although both may choose to launch concurrently). While some details will be decided privately by the players involved, the process will be public and everyone in the Sweet FA community will be invited to contribute to the construction of these teams.

Furthermore, I will not be initiating a single PM for this venture. If these teams are to get off the ground, it will be because you want them, not me. If they don’t get up, they don’t get up.

You're pulling the piss, right?

No. These will be serious bids built by you, the Sweet FA community.

Some basics:
  • Any new team(s) will be compliant with the rules surrounding new clubs​
  • Both teams will be based at (different) grounds in @Mobbs’ world of Sweet and adopt a name that reflects that area​
  • Neither team will sport any moniker associated with snakes​
  • Each team will have a unique identity (name, colours, jumper, etc.) from each other and existing Sweet FA clubs​

Expansion can be a touchy subject at times but the primary tenet is in the name – it should expand the league. Not just in the number of teams and names on lists but in character. Expansion affects everyone so why not let everyone participate in expansion, even if you won’t be joining a team.

Most importantly, this should be fun so let's make it so.

Players

5DrWQ4v.png

I would add one little potential counterpoint Baz - mightn't these otherwise inactive expansion bid captains simply be bored with status quo and see their expansion efforts as a way to reinvigorate themselves?

It's brave of Barrybran to assume there isn't a 14th team expansion bid in the works behind the scenes, there have been murmurings that someone with even less credibility than haydo has been trying to figure out interest

It's brave of Barrybran to assume there isn't a 14th team expansion bid in the works behind the scenes, there have been murmurings that someone with even less credibility than haydo has been trying to figure out interest
INB4 'you trying to tell us you're starting an expansion bid mate?'

Bastyy 4 Life Super FFC is almost ready

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see Pickitt rebounding after being rejected by the Demons

I'd say that TJASTA & The Tittybong Thunder have plenty of credibility.

The only way to do this is a dedicated draft for becoming larger or more extensive.

Each team nominates 3 players (maybe based on a certain criteria, or not, I don't really care) and they go in to a draft pool. The two parties, interested in growth, then select from that pool, in a snake format, until all players are chosen. Then they can fill the rest of their squad with rookies and free agents.

The only way to do this is a dedicated draft for becoming larger or more extensive.

Each team nominates 3 players (maybe based on a certain criteria, or not, I don't really care) and they go in to a draft pool. The two parties, interested in growth, then select from that pool, in a snake format, until all players are chosen. Then they can fill the rest of their squad with rookies and free agents.
Sorry mate, can't do that. Rules is rules.

I feel like this is just a sneaky way to trick posters into signing up to the Gumbies.
The thought hadn't crossed my mind until now...

I would add one little potential counterpoint Baz - mightn't these otherwise inactive expansion bid captains simply be bored with status quo and see their expansion efforts as a way to reinvigorate themselves?
As was raised last time - they've got 11 other teams to choose from

I was just told about this

in a snake format
5rural.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back