The AFL and its 'maximizing' crowd policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be lucky to get 40,000 at the Hawthorn vs Carlton game. Your forgetting its Round 22 and Carlton wont be in the finals mix.

I think Round 2 Geelong vs Essendon at Telstra Dome is a joke. Geelong could have unveiled its flag in front of a huge crowd at the G.

-Kris

Hawthorn couldn't sell out the TD in a FINAL against a popular interstate team in Adelaide...

Yet they set a record TD attendance against...you guessed it, Carlton, in the same year :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, the same side that couldn't sell out the Dome for a final against an interstate club - Essendon couldn't either for that matter in 2002, also drew 50,000 and 40,000 against Sydney and Brisbane in HOME AND AWAY games at the MCG ;)

Like I keep saying, the AFL has double standards in everything.

Seems like AFL wanting to make Collo happy by playing some big games at the Dome.

They look after their buddies at the AFL. Just ask all the staff in there who have been hand picked by Vlad, a reward for sucking up his arse over many years.

Collins and the AFL screwed Carlton that's why. We should never be playing at the TD. Collins was our president when the deal got signed (conflict of interest). Slippery AFL and Collins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like AFL wanting to make Collo happy by playing some big games at the Dome.

They look after their buddies at the AFL. Just ask all the staff in there who have been hand picked by Vlad, a reward for sucking up his arse over many years.

I've made this point before also. The AFL are very similar to the MCC. And that is a corrupt 'old boys club' group, who in all seriousness are not qualified in most of the roles people sit at. I have worked closely with them and as an external party I find it amazing how shamefully corrupt it is.

Every club has to play one game at the G as a key requirement. That was port's game and it will be a small one for crowd, just as if Melbourne hosts Fremantle whenever those guys play at the G.

MCG can't get every big game.

but Port could play there against Collingwood or Carlton. it would suit the Kangaroos better.

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL and its 'maximizing' crowd policy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back